Behringer RD-909 Coming Soon For $299

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
O1B

20 Nov 2018

We have now entered TMS or Tool Made Sample stage which is one stage before pre-production.

We have now built 10 units for final testing to ensure everything is perfect.

O1B

03 Dec 2021

Now shipping… FYI.
:clap:

Billy+

03 Dec 2021

That looks nice

miyaru

03 Dec 2021

Can I have the 303, 808 and 909 for XMas?
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :thumbup:

PhillipOrdonez

03 Dec 2021

O1B is back! Long time no see!

Billy+

03 Dec 2021

miyaru wrote:
03 Dec 2021
Can I have the 303, 808 and 909 for XMas?
Maybe the first 5 posts get a test unit ;)

FizbanLaPolio

04 Dec 2021

I own two TD-3 (slightly tweaked differently to sound different), and a RD-6 (and a MS-1, and a model-D... I love those clones :) )

But I'm really into the 909 sound, happy to hear they are close to shipping ! that's probably my next purchase

O1B

04 Dec 2021

Hey hey hey!

…Still here, Reading and Reasoning.
Thanks for the warm and fuzzy!

I hope things are going well for you Reasonistas out there!

Btw… the Sonics of the RD-9 - even via YouTube - is impressive.
Kick. Snare. Cymbals. 👍

I’m glad they changed Tempo READING from ### TO ###.#!

4month old video…. I’ll know what it really looks like when it arrives.

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
03 Dec 2021
Last edited by O1B on 04 Dec 2021, edited 1 time in total.

aeox
Competition Winner

04 Dec 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
03 Dec 2021
I knew I was missing someone, just wasn't sure who.

Seconded!

O1B

04 Dec 2021

I LOVE you TOO, Aeox.

SIncerely!
aeox wrote:
04 Dec 2021
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
03 Dec 2021
I knew I was missing someone, just wasn't sure who.

Seconded!

PhillipOrdonez

04 Dec 2021

Nothing but love on this thread 🤗🤗🤗

Would be nice to hear what you do with this unit, O1B. Fun times ahead!

PhillipOrdonez

04 Dec 2021

It seems to be the way they work with these clones for some reason 🤷‍♂️

O1B

06 Dec 2021

3 years later?
:puf_wink:

SONG #2. PSK. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
RD-9-F1.JPG
RD-9-F1.JPG (373.39 KiB) Viewed 19970 times
Looking GOOD.

I like the Sound. All the knobs seem OK to me!
Cheated out off my .# TEMPO but I haven't yet RTFM,

I'll get cracking now!

I kinda like this one. I may double back for the 8 MKII!

danc

11 Dec 2021

O1B wrote:
06 Dec 2021
I may double forward to the 9.

I opted for the RD8 when it came out and its been a staple in a number of my tracks. Mostly creating some hat or snare patterns and bouncing them individually, with some live altering of the fx over a 32 bar duration, to audio for use in my daw tracks.

I know I can do 808 and 909 in the box, but there is something special doing it with hardware. I actually think it forces me to make simpler patterns as daw editing you can just go far too far down a rabbit hole editing to death.

I've just got an asm hydrasynth... so the rd9 will have to wait until Easter 22 or something. Learning to pace myself these days, making the most of what I've got.
Check my Soundcloud:

O1B

13 Dec 2021

Congrats Danc!

I had the original RD-8 but returned it because it didn't seem like I could just TRIGGER the sounds - w/o Step Seq. :thumbs_down: .

Maybe I was mistaken about the RD--8, but the RD-9 sounds are definitely just a trigger away!
The Sounds are GREAT. I guess that OTA chip will make all the difference in the Rd-8 mkii.

WARNING: Edit :Wave Shaper and Filter work Perfectly,!
TAP TEMPO only works tapping over 170-180 BPM ( lower bpm taps are not recognized :puf_unhappy:

BUT the Sound.....
and the LOW AVAILABILITY says I better hang on to it for a while.

Behringer Quabbity Assuance leaves something to be desired.
FIRMWARE UPDATE .... ?

ASM Hydrasynth - 'I Must Look into that.'
danc wrote:
11 Dec 2021
O1B wrote:
06 Dec 2021
I may double forward to the 9.

I opted for the RD8 when it came out ...Mostly creating some hat or snare patterns and bouncing them individually, with some live altering...

I know I can do 808 and 909 in the box, but there is something special doing it with hardware....

I've just got an asm hydrasynth... ...
Last edited by O1B on 16 Jan 2022, edited 1 time in total.

O1B

28 Dec 2021

I was WRONG. It works fine! :clap: I never hit SELECT on the WAVE DESIGNER.
It was “ON” when I first used the RD-9, but I guess I was just mashing buttons.
All is well, the HPF Is ample.
My Wave Designer and Filter a Section don’t work, but I haven’t yet updated the whatchamacallit.
I gotta say, I use it everyday!
It sounds GREAT and is FUN to PLAY!

i’m really a 909 dude, it seems.
The RD-9’s kick, snare and hats (all of ‘em!) sound killer (IMO).

🚨Finger drumming is Dead for me on this, but the other methods of recording makes for nice experiments or focused beat making:
Step, Trigger, and Note Repeat Trigger 👍 (that I’m aware of)!

I briefly had the RD-8 but I don’t remember being able to live play on the soft pads. (Anybody know if it can?) I HOPE the Mk2 adds that functionality if it wasn’t there. Just based on the RD-9, I gotta give the 8-Mk2 another try. (3rd time). I really do NEED that 808 Kick and a proper 808 snare.

I haven’t really rtfm yet, but I’ll look if it can chain patterns on the fly. That would be nasty.

I was raised on acoustic drums, but I just love this drum machine sh*t!
Now … to position them all into a drum set . :shock:

danc

09 Jan 2022

O1B wrote:
28 Dec 2021
I briefly had the RD-8 but I don’t remember being able to live play on the soft pads. (Anybody know if it can?) I HOPE the Mk2 adds that functionality if it wasn’t there. Just based on the RD-9, I gotta give the 8-Mk2 another try. (3rd time). I really do NEED that 808 Kick and a proper 808 snare.
I have the RD-8 Mk 1 and YES you can live play using the SELECT buttons, just like you can on the RD-9.

Well, the time has come when my RD-8 will have its brother sat next to it - I'm getting an RD-9. Bax sent me a 10% off voucher in December and it runs out tomorrow, so I've nabbed an RD-9 for £240. Have to wait 4-weeks as there is a back-log queue at Bax for these beasts, but hey ho... bargain. Can't wait to start making hybrid 809 or 908 kits.
Check my Soundcloud:

O1B

15 Jan 2022

I just snagged an Mk2. …I’m very excited to try again.

That 808 Kick. …and Tunable. :thumbs_up:

danc wrote:
09 Jan 2022
I have the RD-8 Mk 1 and YES you can live play using the SELECT buttons, just like you can on the RD-9. …

Well, the time has come when my RD-8 will have its brother sat next to it - I'm getting an RD-9. . Can't wait to start making hybrid 809 or 908 kits.

danc

16 Jan 2022

O1B wrote:
15 Jan 2022
I just snagged an Mk2. …I’m very excited to try again.

That 808 Kick. …and Tunable. :thumbs_up:

danc wrote:
09 Jan 2022
I have the RD-8 Mk 1 and YES you can live play using the SELECT buttons, just like you can on the RD-9. …

Well, the time has come when my RD-8 will have its brother sat next to it - I'm getting an RD-9. . Can't wait to start making hybrid 809 or 908 kits.
When you get your RD-8... do me a favour... switch on both RD-8 and RD-9. Then open up Synthtribe (the Behringer device editor) and select either the RD-8 or RD-9... does the General Page show the correct settings for that device? It's weird... if I have both of them switched on, the General page just shows blank details. But... if I only have one device switched on I see the correct details.
Check my Soundcloud:

Creativemind

16 Jan 2022

This doesn't sound as good as the real thing. The Nava 909 is more accurate imo but add 40% more onto the price as well for all components and also you have to assemble it yourself.

:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

O1B

16 Jan 2022

Sure Thing!!
danc wrote:
16 Jan 2022
When you get your RD-8... do me a favour... switch on both RD-8 and RD-9. Then open up Synthtribe (the Behringer device editor) and select either the RD-8 or RD-9... does the General Page show the correct settings for that device? It's weird... if I have both of them switched on, the General page just shows blank details. But... if I only have one device switched on I see the correct details.
I’m fine with RD-9 Sound. Sounds Great to me.

But - It’s good to have choices.
Post a pic when you get yours… :puf_smile: :thumbs_up: !
Creativemind wrote:
16 Jan 2022
This doesn't sound as good as the real thing. The Nava 909 is more accurate imo but add 40% more onto the price as well for all components and also you have to assemble it yourself.

Creativemind

17 Jan 2022

O1B wrote:
16 Jan 2022
Sure Thing!!
danc wrote:
16 Jan 2022
I’m fine with RD-9 Sound. Sounds Great to me.

But - It’s good to have choices.
Post a pic when you get yours… :puf_smile: :thumbs_up: !
Creativemind wrote:
16 Jan 2022
Fair enough but it was between that and the Nava I was deciding between but after seeing / hearing a demo at NAMM, I wasn't impressed with the RD-9. Each to their own though. I will post a pic yes.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

O1B

18 Jan 2022

Could you post the link here to the "Behringer device editor"?
Ive haven't usb'd, and Behringer's site is.... ;) ..... Thanks!

The filter is pretty sweet (HP is my usual use) and I'm a stickler for filters.
I haven't wave shaped.

The tempo is still wonky but I did get a chance to practice catching and staying on tempo, even with 1/2bpm shifts. Im better for it :thumbs_up: !

The rd-9 has such a nice solid sound compared to mixes that USED real 909s. This can compete.
Putting the 9's Bip! with the 8's Boommmmmm! is gonna be Killer.

I love the 808 and 909 sound.
There are other Sounds, and I embrace them, too.
But 'Roland Percussion' is my Jump-off. :redface:

Arrrives Thursday! Can't wait.
I need to find a stand to stack these two. Side by Side takes more room that my Pahl Desk.
danc wrote:
16 Jan 2022

danc

18 Jan 2022

It's SYNTHTRIBE - you can edit all of the preferences for a huge amount of Behringer devices... including RD-8 and RD-9.

You can download it from here... https://www.behringer.com/downloads.html
Select the RD-8 or RD-9 from the list and you'll find SYNTHTRIBE listed. Give you ability to edit preferences, update device, create songs/patterns/sequences etc etc.

Agree with you re making hybrid 808/909 kits. Regarding using other sounds - I do merge them in, but there are times when a tune just hangs really well with just the traditional 808/909... it's like they are engrained into your brain and feel just super comfortable and right.

O1B wrote:
18 Jan 2022
Could you post the link here to the "Behringer device editor"?
Ive haven't usb'd, and Behringer's site is.... ;) ..... Thanks!

The filter is pretty sweet (HP is my usual use) and I'm a stickler for filters.
I haven't wave shaped.

The tempo is still wonky but I did get a chance to practice catching and staying on tempo, even with 1/2bpm shifts. Im better for it :thumbs_up: !

The rd-9 has such a nice solid sound compared to mixes that USED real 909s. This can compete.
Putting the 9's Bip! with the 8's Boommmmmm! is gonna be Killer.

I love the 808 and 909 sound.
There are other Sounds, and I embrace them, too.
But 'Roland Percussion' is my Jump-off. :redface:

Arrrives Thursday! Can't wait.
I need to find a stand to stack these two. Side by Side takes more room that my Pahl Desk.
danc wrote:
16 Jan 2022
Check my Soundcloud:

• Information