WINNERS ANNOUNCED - Oenkenstein Audio Roads Electric Piano Song Competition (Contest Closed)

Great fun, great prizes! Good luck!
Quarmat
Competition Winner

30 Nov 2021

bossa wrote:
27 Nov 2021
Here is my entry.

I took up the suggestion to compose a jazzy piece. One in the forum has wished for that. The electric piano plays a classical role, as we know it from jazz/rock music or fusion. There is an intro, a theme and then two short wild electric piano solos that support the jazzy character. The electric piano sound characterizes the whole piece.

This is simply awesome. The groove is irresistible. The only flaw is that is too short! I want more! This track could perfectly fill into my fusion playlist, thank you for writing this little gem!

challism

30 Nov 2021

Just under 19 hours to get your pieces finished and submitted. Good luck, everyone!
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (38 KiB) Viewed 16384 times
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

mcatalao
Competition Winner

30 Nov 2021

Quarmat wrote:
27 Nov 2021
Hello there,

Here's my entry for the competiton. I teamed up with my brother this time, just like in the old days, for a swing with a japanese style harmonic progression and soloes which are all provided by Roads Electric Piano. Reason Drum Kits for the drums, Friktion for the upright bass and Orchestral Companion (vst) for the brass section.

Have a nice day!

Yeah i can hear the T.Square and Cassiopeia vibes in this! Nice stuff!

wowhow
Competition Winner

30 Nov 2021

Here's my entry! I wanted to work on it more but I ran out of time and skills...><

bossa
Competition Winner

30 Nov 2021

Hi wowhow, your tune sound "wow"! How it is possible? I like the groove!

challism

30 Nov 2021

Please be aware:
Posting your song/piece in this thread IS NOT submission to the contest!

Remember to email your submission to reasontalkcontest@gmail.com

As per the contest rules...

Entries must be emailed to reasontalkcontest@gmail.com (WITH "ROADS" IN THE SUBJECT LINE)
Please include: 1) a link to your track, 2) your ReasonTalk username and 3) ‘Roads song competition’ in the subject/header of the email.
• Entries must be submitted by 23:59:59 PST on November 30 (before 12:00AM / 00:00 PST December 1).

We've only received FIVE emails/submissions so far.
5.png
5.png (40.35 KiB) Viewed 16338 times

JensHaglof
Competition Winner

30 Nov 2021

My entry!

wowhow
Competition Winner

30 Nov 2021

Thank you Bossa. And I know I'm late but I sent in my track just in case it might be considered for the prizes! :p

And JensHaglof, I like your track as all the other tracks here too!

Popey
Competition Winner

01 Dec 2021

bossa wrote:
30 Nov 2021
A very nice danceable piece that comes with a modern freshness. The 4 to the floor beat mixed with the electric piano sound combines well with the samples and encourages you to dance. Very well done!
Popey wrote:
21 Nov 2021
Here is my entry.

Bass, Arps, chords, drone and virtually all sounds etc from Roads. Samples used for drums and vocals and a couple of little synth noises.

Thanks Bossa 👍

Oenkenstein
RE Developer

01 Dec 2021

The competition is closed!

Great work has been submitted. Impressive. Very high quality. And also diverse: from House to Jazz and Fusion.

Listening to the entries makes me emotional. All that hard work and then I hear this. Wow.

Anyway, a jury of eight members is now being formed to judge the seven entries.
Five members have been closely involved in the development of the Roads Electric Piano and there are three moderators who strengthen the jury team. It's very busy, but the plan is to come up with the final rating in a week.

Many thanks to the creators for the submissions. You enrich the world with beautiful music.

The list of entries orde by date:
TritoneAddictio - Purity:
Popey - Unkown Roads:
Rare Shadow - I Got Your Roads:
Bossa - Onko Mark:
Quarmat - It's the Beginning:
Wowhow - Roads reasontalk:
JensHaglof - Traveller:

Loque

02 Dec 2021

Please give us a bit more time. There are not many entries, but they are all damn good! Tough decisions need to be made! Great job everyone!
Reason12, Win10

Oenkenstein
RE Developer

02 Dec 2021

Loque wrote:
02 Dec 2021
Please give us a bit more time. There are not many entries, but they are all damn good! Tough decisions need to be made! Great job everyone!
I agree. It is better not to mention a deadline for judging. Please take the time it takes to come to a good judgment.

Loque

03 Dec 2021

To shorten your wait time, i gave you my patches i was working on, but couldnt finish a jingle/song due to lack of time.

Have fun with them!
Attachments
Roads - Loque.zip
(18.72 KiB) Downloaded 140 times
Reason12, Win10

Oenkenstein
RE Developer

04 Dec 2021

Loque wrote:
03 Dec 2021
To shorten your wait time, i gave you my patches i was working on, but couldnt finish a jingle/song due to lack of time.

Have fun with them!
The patches are awesone. Thank you for sharing. This is so generous.

FYI, 'ARP - Heavenly' is compatible with Reason 10.2 or higher. The other patches will work in Reason 11 and 12, but they need Rotor Rotary Speaker 1.0.

Roads Combinator Backgrounds: http://www.oenkenstein.nl/Roadsdownloads.asp

Oenkenstein
RE Developer

11 Dec 2021

The Roads Electric Piano competition is over, the judges have listened and awarded the entries points.

The winners and prizes won:
• 1st place: >>bossa<<. Wins free license for 5 Rack Extensions made by Oenkenstein Audio (Rumble K1 Granular Synthesizer, Rumble K2 Player Digital Wavetable Synthesizer, Rumble K2 Builder Digital Synthesizer, Rumble Klank Singing Bowls Generator and Roads MK1 Electric Piano).
• 2nd place: Quarmat wins a free license for the Roads Electric Piano Rack Extension and three other Oenkenstein Audio Rack Extensions of your choice.
• 3rd place: TritoneAddiction. Free license for the Roads Electric Piano Rack Extension.

Dear winners, congratulations.

For the other entries that did not win the prizes, I can perhaps offer some comfort by informing you that more Oenkenstein Audio competitions will be held soon.

I would like to thank all the contestants for their wonderful work and also the members of the moderators team at Reasontalk, who were part of the jury.

I will PM the winners to ask for their Reasonstudios username and distribute the free licenses according to the prizes they have won.
To Quarmat the question whether a Private Message can be sent to me, stating the preference for which three Rack Extensions can be given a free license.

Thumbs up and keep up the good work and make fine music!

challism

11 Dec 2021

A hearty congratulatory thank you is in order for all the contestants. That was a very difficult contest to judge, and it was VERY close. Those were some beautiful submission. I know Ed is pleased.

Thank you all for participating!

Popey
Competition Winner

11 Dec 2021

Congratulation Bossa, Quarmat and Tritone Addiction. Gotta say the entries were all quality and credit to the judges as I could not make my mind up on what I liked best or would even rank in which order.

rare_shadow
Competition Winner

11 Dec 2021

Congrats to the winners! It's been a fun competition

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

11 Dec 2021

Thanks to everyone involved for making this a great Song competition. Much appreciated.
Congrats to bossa and Quarmat.

Quarmat
Competition Winner

11 Dec 2021

Thank you for the competition. My brother and I are honoured to have met the favours of the jury. All of the entries were awesome, but bossa's is really special. Well deserved first place, imho.
I encourage him to extend the song because it is a shame it's so short!

Thank to Oenkenstein audio for hosting the competition, to the jury and to Challism for their work and to all the participants for their awesome tunes.

Have a nice day!

moneykube

11 Dec 2021

wow... very good songs all around. Great work. I can see how picking winners from that selection would be a tough decision. :clap:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

bossa
Competition Winner

12 Dec 2021

Hello,

the first place surprised me and I thank everyone involved in the competition. I have never won a competition before! It is my great honor! Thank you very much!

Re8et
Competition Winner

04 Feb 2022

bossa wrote:
12 Dec 2021
Hello,

the first place surprised me and I thank everyone involved in the competition. I have never won a competition before! It is my great honor! Thank you very much!
I had no chances :D
Your piece was too creamy and moody!
The Piano stands out great and it has some nice distortion/saturation effects going all is perfect.
Really top song. Congrats. :clap:

• Information