Ekksperimental Sounds Black Friday Sale (50% off)

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
ekss
RE Developer

24 Nov 2021

Hoboys wrote:
24 Nov 2021
Not necessarily a suggestions, but I would be very curious to see some raggae/dub production with in-depth exploration of the dub pre-amp, the siren, the tubby filters, the springs, the tape :)
There's a bit of that in this: https://youtu.be/d4zmNxCQVUY
:-)

ekss
RE Developer

24 Nov 2021

Steedus wrote:
24 Nov 2021
Are there any videos with Wavemaster? Feel like getting a new synth, but can’t justify amalgam. SineSynth looks intimidating haha.
I just realized that the video of WaveMaster is all laggy, sound seem ok but picture does now flow nicely. So I need to stay on 1920X1080 resolution in the future..

moofi

24 Nov 2021

Already wanted to tell you via Twitch that it´s lagging, then I thought it was just the stream, not the actual recording. Btw do you use twitch merely for recording? Saying do you aswell interactively stream?
ekss wrote:
24 Nov 2021
Steedus wrote:
24 Nov 2021
Are there any videos with Wavemaster? Feel like getting a new synth, but can’t justify amalgam. SineSynth looks intimidating haha.
I just realized that the video of WaveMaster is all laggy, sound seem ok but picture does now flow nicely. So I need to stay on 1920X1080 resolution in the future..

ekss
RE Developer

24 Nov 2021

moofi wrote:
24 Nov 2021
Already wanted to tell you via Twitch that it´s lagging, then I thought it was just the stream, not the actual recording. Btw do you use twitch merely for recording? Saying do you aswell interactively stream?
ekss wrote:
24 Nov 2021

Yes, I just record so i didnt see your chat messade until after and then it wasn’t possible to reply 😄..
I think I’ll keep a window open on the screen in the future, seem like a good idea!

moofi

24 Nov 2021

Sounds good :-)
Though I already liked it even just listening to it in the background while playing Apex :-D

Steedus
Competition Winner

24 Nov 2021

ekss wrote:
24 Nov 2021
Steedus wrote:
24 Nov 2021
It's available on twitch right now, and on youtube once the processing has finished:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1214565123
https://youtu.be/UtsBIMrE0I0
Thanks! :clap:

ekss
RE Developer

25 Nov 2021

Steedus wrote:
24 Nov 2021
ekss wrote:
24 Nov 2021

It's available on twitch right now, and on youtube once the processing has finished:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1214565123
https://youtu.be/UtsBIMrE0I0
Thanks! :clap:
I made a new stream - kind of similar to the one yesterday but now the video is not lagging:
https://youtu.be/VreNTW_Es0I

ekss
RE Developer

25 Nov 2021

Hoboys wrote:
24 Nov 2021
Not necessarily a suggestions, but I would be very curious to see some raggae/dub production with in-depth exploration of the dub pre-amp, the siren, the tubby filters, the springs, the tape :)

Did one digi riddim jam with some dubbing today:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1215434118
it's also uploading to youtube and will be on this URL when it's ready: https://youtu.be/nJISSGGSKrs

Hoboys

25 Nov 2021

ekss wrote:
25 Nov 2021

it's also uploading to youtube and will be on this URL when it's ready: https://youtu.be/nJISSGGSKrs
Thank you so much for this! Absolutely brilliant! Watching it now.

moofi

25 Nov 2021

Thank you. :-) Went for HPLP 1224 after seeing you wiggle it :-D
ekss wrote:
25 Nov 2021
Hoboys wrote:
24 Nov 2021

moofi

27 Nov 2021

Went for Preamp Sirene Bundle along Indstrlzr and Sadist. Still eyeballing TapeEchoMKII and maybe MBEQ. The latter being more of a special purpose one from my trialing experience, so maybe I´ll save it for someday due to financial reasons. TapeEcho because it´s simply a very smooth sounding echo machine so to speak (+ a spring reverb :clap: )

Anyway, thank you for the sale´s offer for quality devices. Doing a lot regarding improvement in sound here. :thumbs_up:

ekss
RE Developer

27 Nov 2021

moofi wrote:
27 Nov 2021
Went for Preamp Sirene Bundle along Indstrlzr and Sadist. Still eyeballing TapeEchoMKII and maybe MBEQ. The latter being more of a special purpose one from my trialing experience, so maybe I´ll save it for someday due to financial reasons. TapeEcho because it´s simply a very smooth sounding echo machine so to speak (+ a spring reverb :clap: )

Anyway, thank you for the sale´s offer for quality devices. Doing a lot regarding improvement in sound here. :thumbs_up:
So nice to hear!
If you like dub you might want to check out HP1012 (frequencies inspired by King Tubbys “big knob”) or the HBL313 multi filter (not the same frequencies but very nice and smooth filter..!)

moofi

28 Nov 2021

While I like Dub quite a lot I´m rarely creating Dub tracks. Then I´m mostly into electronic music making and personally went from listening (aswell) to Dub to electronic music in general via Ambient/TripHop mid nineties. The transition happened quite easily because that´s where both genres overlap and transition into each other the most I find.
Like on this "incursions in illbient" compilation from 1996 on Asphodel where Ambient, spaced out Dub and Triphop mix. The Asphodel label basically being one representation of this particular musical evolution at that point. Personally, I feel DJ Spooky (aswell on that compilation) being quite a representative of that mixture here though he´s often leaning a little more towards the Ambient/Triphop area with integrated Dub elements besides his more deep/drone ambient related stuff.

Saying besides everything being closely related anway, I like integrating dubbie styles, chords + effects in electronic music.
Then I find your devices very well suited for electronic music overall, like using Dub Preamp on straight Techno for example. While they might originally be intended for the dubbie side of things they also work very well in that area. Love the sonic colouring and shaping of many of your RE, like I find, altering the sound for the better, reason I went for quite a few by now (already including HPLP 1224). Most likely gonna go for the utility bundle eventually because next to the filter I like the comp/limiter + EQ aswell.
And then there is aswell the synth + drum synth bundle, TapeFunk and some I haven´t even checked out :-D Yet not enough credits here for now :-)

ekss wrote:
27 Nov 2021
moofi wrote:
27 Nov 2021

So nice to hear!
If you like dub you might want to check out HP1012 (frequencies inspired by King Tubbys “big knob”) or the HBL313 multi filter (not the same frequencies but very nice and smooth filter..!)

MrFigg
Competition Winner

28 Nov 2021

There was a whole load of good stuff came out of Asphodel at the time :). Got that one.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

moofi

28 Nov 2021

Yes, I very much like Asphodel in general and got that specific record along others (especially DJ Spooky) here aswell :-)
MrFigg wrote:
28 Nov 2021
There was a whole load of good stuff came out of Asphodel at the time :). Got that one.

moofi

28 Nov 2021

Regarding the HP1224 I just got I was wondering wether it would be possible implementing a cut-off frequency emphasis setting like AUTO X Compressor´s cross-over emphasis + depth in the easter egg section. From what I understand it´s basically what the peak settings are already for, then it would be pleasant to adjust it beyond those settings with a trimmer for HP + LP for more extrem filter attacks when wiggling.
ekss wrote:
27 Nov 2021

[...] you might want to check out HP1012 [...]

challism

28 Nov 2021

I was saving my trials for Black Friday week. Once I saw the 50% sale I quickly tried Filter Chain, Sadist and TapeEcho. After trying them for a few minutes each, I knew I would be buying them. They sound (and look) great! So happy to have these in my rack now. Thanks for the sale Erik!
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Steedus
Competition Winner

29 Nov 2021

Gotta say thanks to Eric for putting out a bunch of (lengthy) videos jamming with some devices. I. didn't want to blow all my one time trials on one sale, so videos are a godsend.

I weirdly tried out SADIST but found it wasn't for me, so i ended up just grabbing TapeEcho and the Dub Preamp + Siren bundle. (why are the adjustment controls on the back so tiny though? :twisted: )

The PTF bundle was very tempting, as I really dig the more smooth sound of the FX3180 spring, but I already have Spacexpander, and again, strangely Tapefunk just didn't did it for me for whatever reason.

Hoboys

29 Nov 2021

Steedus wrote:
29 Nov 2021
strangely Tapefunk just didn't did it for me for whatever reason.
It's good at adding beef. Not all material needs beef, though. The key there is in balancing the input and output balance. A link button wouldn't hurt there, but the parameters are exposed properly, so you can remote control those with 2 knobs and twiddle them simultaneously.

challism

29 Nov 2021

Steedus wrote:
29 Nov 2021

I weirdly tried out SADIST but found it wasn't for me
Sadist not for you? You must be some kind of self-inflicting sadist or something.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Steedus
Competition Winner

30 Nov 2021

I like the fact you can click one of the screws on the Dub amp and siren and it changes the text from black to white. Small easter egg, but was fun to discover. Erik, I image this was just because you couldn't decide on what colour to make it? haha. I prefer the default white.

• Information