[STOCK] 1U-FX Series

This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets.
Forum rules
This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets. If you would like to share a patch here as an attachment, you must zip it first. Otherwise you can host your patches elsewhere and share the links here.
deeplink
Competition Winner

20 Nov 2021

Hi RT

Here is an Effect series, consisting of +175 effects, all using the built-in devices in Reason.
More will be updated to the Google Drive link along the way, where required or if necessary/requested.

What will you find?
Aptly named, organized and functional effect devices covering every trick the book - with a compact and consistent UI.
Such devices cover everything from simple AutoPanners, AutoSideChain, Shapers, Frequency Shifters, Filters, EQ's etc, to more complex devices like Vinyl Sims, Shimmer Reverbs, Beat Repeaters, SheperdTones and Utilities.

It's all mostly Stock devices, with only Reason's RE's being used in some of them - such as Polar, Complex-1 and Processed Pianos.
The RE used is included in the name of the Patch where required.

Some devices take inspiration from Ableton Live and the Reason Factory Sound Bank
The concept in general was inspired by the Kiloheats Snap-in effects (now discontinued RE's)

What is this for?
The aim of this series was to enhance effect workflow, without taking up too much screen/rack real-estate.
These devices can get you to 95% of where you want to be, fairly quickly. Especially when the folders are housed in the Browser Navigation.

The Details
+100 effect devices split into the following categories;
  • 1U-Beat Repeaters
  • 1U-Delays
  • 1U-Distortion Units
  • 1U-Filters
  • 1U-Mix Tools
  • 1U-Modulators
  • 1U-Movers
  • 1U-Reverbs
  • 1U-Wideners
+ Abundancy of Dry/Wet (Mix) and Output knobs for tighter control over the effect mix and consistent gain structure through the effect chains
+ Useful and logical patch nomenclature, each category can be quick searched using the new Ctrl+F shortcut e.g "1U-Dly" "1U-Rvb"
+ Minimal sleek design, to sit comfortably among your other devices

The Link

View/Download here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

(You should be able to select individual effects or simply download the whole root folder from the above link.)

Please let me know what you think of the skin, and if there are any devices you would like to be included

Cheers,
deeplink

Last Updated: 03 March 2022
1U-Preview.png
1U-Preview.png (1008.69 KiB) Viewed 16418 times
Last edited by deeplink on 03 Mar 2022, edited 4 times in total.
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

Ottostrom

20 Nov 2021

Woah this is crazy :wtf:
So many free effects and they don't take up any unnecessary space!
Thank you deeplink, this is a very nice gift to the community. Will start going through them to see which ones I'm gonna add to my workflow :)

deeplink
Competition Winner

21 Nov 2021

Ottostrom wrote:
20 Nov 2021
Woah this is crazy :wtf:
So many free effects and they don't take up any unnecessary space!
Thank you deeplink, this is a very nice gift to the community. Will start going through them to see which ones I'm gonna add to my workflow :)
Thanks Otto, a few more will be added this week!

deeplink
Competition Winner

22 Nov 2021

Added:

1U-Mdlt Flanger
Your standard flanger, using Sweeper
1U-Mdlt AutoNoise
An envelope-following adjustable noise generator
1U-Mdlt Vocoder Stereo [MIDI]
Midi controlled stereo vocoder
1U-Rvb Spring
Your standard spring reverb
1U-Mvmnt Endless Smile
A one knob multi-effect used for creating tension/build-ups - inspired by Dada Life's VST of the same name

Mor1

22 Nov 2021

Hello, congratulations on all the effort about the effects. I have a question. Is it possible to provide some instructions on how to rebuild the 'DRUM BUS AB LIVE' but on Reason 10? Thank you very much.

deeplink
Competition Winner

22 Nov 2021

Mor1 wrote:
22 Nov 2021
Hello, congratulations on all the effort about the effects. I have a question. Is it possible to provide some instructions on how to rebuild the 'DRUM BUS AB LIVE' but on Reason 10? Thank you very much.
Hi Mor1

This is a difficult one, as the combinator in R10/R11 is limited to 4 buttons and 4 knobs - so it will be impossible to get the same workflow experience, as you will need to dive into the combinator to adjust the settings. And also to note, the patch isn't a true sonic replication - more of a functional one with it's own character.

That said, for Comp, Drive and Crunch settings - I used a bus comp (Comp), maelstrom saturation (Drive), pulverize dirt (Drive + Hard Mode) and a Scream4 Overdrive on an Auxillary (Crunch). This is then followed by Kong's Transient Shaper (Transient) and an EQ (Dampening). Then for the Boom Amount, Boom Freq and Boom Decay I used another Mclass EQ (Gain, Freq, Q respectively). Lastly, the Dry/Wet knob is quite important, and there I just used a line mixer (inversely set and scaled at 50%) to achieve a 0db crossfader.

All of the above you can do in R10, with the exception of the crossfader - where you can use Thor instead.

Heater

23 Nov 2021

That's amazing. Very generous of you.

Mor1

23 Nov 2021

deeplink wrote:
22 Nov 2021
Mor1 wrote:
22 Nov 2021
Hi Mor1

This is a difficult one, as the combinator in R10/R11 is limited to 4 buttons and 4 knobs - so it will be impossible to get the same workflow experience, as you will need to dive into the combinator to adjust the settings. And also to note, the patch isn't a true sonic replication - more of a functional one with it's own character.

That said, for Comp, Drive and Crunch settings - I used a bus comp (Comp), maelstrom saturation (Drive), pulverize dirt (Drive + Hard Mode) and a Scream4 Overdrive on an Auxillary (Crunch). This is then followed by Kong's Transient Shaper (Transient) and an EQ (Dampening). Then for the Boom Amount, Boom Freq and Boom Decay I used another Mclass EQ (Gain, Freq, Q respectively). Lastly, the Dry/Wet knob is quite important, and there I just used a line mixer (inversely set and scaled at 50%) to achieve a 0db crossfader.

All of the above you can do in R10, with the exception of the crossfader - where you can use Thor instead.
Thank you very much for your instructions and your information. I can understand now how combinator2 can help on those connections. I think I will give a try to start implementing your instructions using reason10 and see how far it will go. The most important thing is that you gave me a blueprint of the structure. Thank you.

deeplink
Competition Winner

28 Nov 2021

Added:

1U-Dist Yah-Yah Crush
A common distortion trick to making your sounds say "Yah" (best on basses)
1U-Dly Creative Delay
A standard delay with a few bells and whistles before the delay
1U-Flt BP MClass
A BP Filter using MClass EQ and phase inversion
1U-Flt BP BV512
A BP Filter, using the BV512 Vocoder
1U-Rvb Convolution
Your standard convolution reverb
1U-Mix Adjective EQ RC
Reduce/Add boominess, muddiness, harshness, air etc.
1U-Flt K35 LP 12db [MIDI]
A standard K35 LP 12db filter, with midi input
1U-Flt Multi-M Feedback [MIDI]
LP/BP/HP M Feedback filter, with midi input
1U-Mix Compressor Bus RC
Reason Classic Bus Compressor
1U-Mix Limiter Dual Band MC
Dual Band MClass Limiter

EDIT: The previously added True Stereo Reverbs have been removed. Instead, a 'TS' button has been added to the existing reverbs to switch between normal and true stereo
Last edited by deeplink on 05 Jan 2022, edited 1 time in total.

deeplink
Competition Winner

06 Dec 2021

Added:

1U-Flt HPF-LPF 24db Colour Filter
A 24db High Pass and Low Pass, with drive control for extra color

1U-Mix Channel Strip MC
A simplified channel strip using the MClass Devices

1U-Wdth Grain Spread
A subtle but effective widener using the Grain Mode from the Chorus/Ensemble device

1U-Wdth Mono Widener
A mono-compatible widener, which creates a wide side-channel out of thin air but cancels itself out when in the mix is in Mono - thus leaving the original dry signal untouched. Best for mono source signals.

moneykube

07 Dec 2021

:thumbs_up: :thumbup: very cool... thanks for the link... lots there :exclamation: You sure have been busy !
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

arnigretar

07 Dec 2021

Just done some testing on this. Thank you for the hard work! Love it :puf_bigsmile:
https://futuregrapher.bandcamp.com/

Reason 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite, Roland Cloud, Arturia V9, Korg Legacy 3, Soundtoys 5, Waves Mercury, Sonic Charge Bundle, N.I.: Massive, Reaktor 6, FM8. + a lot of Hardware. Windows 7/10.

deeplink
Competition Winner

13 Dec 2021

Added:

1U-Mix Reason OTT
The closest I can get to achieve that OTT sound using Reason stock devices. Sonically comparable on some sound sources, has its own character on others.

1U-Mod Flanger CF-101
Flanger using the CF-101 legacy device. Has its own character and includes an additional Spread function

1U-Mod Underwater
Opens the flood gates and drowns any sound in sonic water

1U-Mvmnt AutoVibrato (RE Polar)
Your common vibrato effect, includes a 'stereo vibrato' setting. Requires Polar

1U-Mvmnt Pitch and Speed Up
A classic zipping up effect, commonly used for risers / adding tension.

1U-Rvb Reverse Plate
A combination reverb, using a plate reverb on the dry signal, prior to the the reverse reverb - creating a swooshing in and out atmosphere.

1U-Wdth BV512 FFT Freq Splitter
A mono compatible stereo widener, which sends each of the 32 bands of the BV512 (FFT Mode) to the Left and Right channel alternatively. Sounds wide and weirdly wonderful.

Link above, or below in my signature.

Ottostrom

21 Dec 2021

deeplink wrote:
13 Dec 2021
Added:

1U-Mix Reason OTT
The closest I can get to achieve that OTT sound using Reason stock devices. Sonically comparable on some sound sources, has its own character on others.

1U-Mod Flanger CF-101
Flanger using the CF-101 legacy device. Has its own character and includes an additional Spread function

1U-Mod Underwater
Opens the flood gates and drowns any sound in sonic water

1U-Mvmnt AutoVibrato (RE Polar)
Your common vibrato effect, includes a 'stereo vibrato' setting. Requires Polar

1U-Mvmnt Pitch and Speed Up
A classic zipping up effect, commonly used for risers / adding tension.

1U-Rvb Reverse Plate
A combination reverb, using a plate reverb on the dry signal, prior to the the reverse reverb - creating a swooshing in and out atmosphere.

1U-Wdth BV512 FFT Freq Splitter
A mono compatible stereo widener, which sends each of the 32 bands of the BV512 (FFT Mode) to the Left and Right channel alternatively. Sounds wide and weirdly wonderful.

Link above, or below in my signature.
This is some real dedication right here :)
Excited to try out your take on the OTT, and I appreciate all the movement ones that are more focused on riser effects as I always need more tricks to emphasize transitions. The Endless Smile one you added before is a really nice effect!

deeplink
Competition Winner

24 Dec 2021

Added:

1U-Mod Disperser
Inspired by Kilohearts plugin of the same name, this effect shifts the phase at a desired frequency, thereby enhancing and stretching it. Used at lower frequencies, it can add a lot of umpf to your kick drums, while often reducing the peak levels... instant headroom! Line them up in series for a stronger effect.

elkmony

24 Dec 2021

This is the best thing I have seen in...forever.

The amount of money this would be worth is crazy, and while I have unhealthy spending habits, meaning I have most of these anyway (like Resonators, or Dispenser and similar things), it is a) nice to have them as combinators and b) nice for Reason in general.

I really like your OTT by the way, if I bumped up the highs a little, I could get very close results to the "orginal one" (well, the one by Xfer) while still having a different character.

Endless Smile is really dope, I love the Noise follower (I am just so in love with adding noise on top of stuff, it should not be allowed, I legit think it makes 90% of all sounds better) and the Underwater effect comes at the perfect time, because I am obsessed with water sound effects and using phasers to "wash out" sounds, because those are such tasty textures.

Truly a blessing to the community and the DAW, this single-handedly transforms stock Reason into a DAW people can actually use to make modern (electronic, since this is what I mostly do and can speak for) with.

Thank you so much, happy holiday!

selig
RE Developer

24 Dec 2021

deeplink wrote:
24 Dec 2021
Added:

1U-Mod Disperser
Inspired by Kilohearts plugin of the same name, this effect shifts the phase at a desired frequency, thereby enhancing and stretching it. Used at lower frequencies, it can add a lot of umpf to your kick drums, while often reducing the peak levels... instant headroom! Line them up in series for a stronger effect.
What did you use for all pass in Reason? I use Unifylter fwiw. Would love to see/hear examples of adding umpf and reducing peaks, not had luck with either in the few tests I’ve done…
Selig Audio, LLC

deeplink
Competition Winner

24 Dec 2021

selig wrote:
24 Dec 2021
What did you use for all pass in Reason? I use Unifylter fwiw. Would love to see/hear examples of adding umpf and reducing peaks, not had luck with either in the few tests I’ve done…
Hey Selig, thanks for your input. In this case, I used two phasers (Sweeper) - one for L and R channel, to mimic the effect of Kilohearts Disperser. The 'Stages' [Sweeper] provide the same effect as the 'Amount' knob [Disperser]. And 'Bandwidth' [Sweeper] is similar to 'Pinch' [Disperser].

selig
RE Developer

24 Dec 2021

deeplink wrote:
24 Dec 2021
selig wrote:
24 Dec 2021
Hey Selig, thanks for your input. In this case, I used two phasers (Sweeper) - one for L and R channel, to mimic the effect of Kilohearts Disperser. The 'Stages' [Sweeper] provide the same effect as the 'Amount' knob [Disperser]. And 'Bandwidth' [Sweeper] is similar to 'Pinch' [Disperser].
Interesting - why two? And I just realized you CAN get All Pass filters out of Reason. Sweeper's Phaser has a "Mute Dry" button, and combined with setting blend to 100% Wet and Stages to "1" you've got a classic All Pass filter.

Otherwise what you're doing is basically EQ notches (one per stage) if you're using the default Phaser settings. It's a cool effect that sometimes works for me, but more often you gain a little at one frequency and loose a little at another. Meaning IMO it does just as much good as bad so I aways go back to an EQ or filter.
As for Disperser, I never found that effect useful for the things it was hyped for, but plenty of others would disagree with my assessment… ;)
Selig Audio, LLC

deeplink
Competition Winner

25 Dec 2021

selig wrote:
24 Dec 2021
And I just realized you CAN get All Pass filters out of Reason. Sweeper's Phaser has a "Mute Dry" button, and combined with setting blend to 100% Wet and Stages to "1" you've got a classic All Pass filter.
This is good news, because that's exactly what I did with this patch! I used two instances for left and right ch. as there was some stereo information that was lost in the process for some reason. Edit: Realized earlier that I could simply switch to 'Dual Mono' to avoid using two instances of the Sweeper.

Ya, this effect isn't for everyone, although it seems popular enough to do a stock-device reason version of it.

I always value your input Selig, so please feel free to look around and test out the other devices in this series. You have a keen eye for how things should work.
Last edited by deeplink on 05 Jan 2022, edited 1 time in total.

deeplink
Competition Winner

25 Dec 2021

elkmony wrote:
24 Dec 2021

Truly a blessing to the community and the DAW, this single-handedly transforms stock Reason into a DAW people can actually use to make modern (electronic, since this is what I mostly do and can speak for) with.

Thank you so much, happy holiday!
Thank you so much elkmony. I really hoped this would transform or at least assist in the tools users have. Everyone has their own workflow, so one of the goals of this series was to sit comfortably alongside it.

The other benefit, being stock devices, is that anyone can use it and project files can be easily shared - without the need of buying/installing third party Vsts.

Glad you like the OTT, it took me sometime to try get it right.

If you - or anyone else - have any ideas, tools etc. that may be missing please give me a shout! Seeing how far I can go with stock reason devices is a hobby of mine :)

Happy holidays!

deeplink
Competition Winner

28 Dec 2021

Added:

1U-Flt HPF LPF BrickWall FFT
A 32 resolution brickwall HP/LP filter. Powered by the BV512 Vocoder.
1U-Flt BP BrickWall FFT
A 32 resolution brickwall BP filter. Powered by the BV512 Vocoder
1U-Mod Unison U-16
The legacy Unison device
1U-Mod Unison (RE Polar)
A 4 voice, multi octave unison. Powered by Polar
1U-Mod Pitchshift and Formant
Pitchshifting and formanting powered by Neptune
1U-Mod AutoClick
A choice of 128 auto-triggered click samples, perfect for layering on top of drums or synths for an extra bit of pop.
1U-Dly Gated Delay
An adjustable patterned-gate with a delay - for creating interesting patterns from monotonous sound sources.
1U-Dist Scream
The classic Scream4 distortion on "Scream" mode. Includes dry/wet, pre-comp and pre/post eq
1U-Dist Feedback
The classic Scream4 distortion on "Feedback" mode. Includes dry/wet, pre-comp and pre/post eq
1U-Mix Amp Envelope Follower
An auto-amp envelope. Adjust the attack, decay and release on any sound source.
1U-Rvb Echo RV-7
The RV-7 on Stereo Echo mode. Includes HPF/LPF filters, stereo imager, panner and AutoSideChain
1U-Rvb Gated RV-7
The RV-7 on Gated mode. Includes HPF/LPF filters, stereo imager, panner and AutoSideChain
1U-Rvb Low Density RV-7
The RV-7 on Low Density mode. Includes HPF/LPF filters, stereo imager, panner and AutoSideChain
1U-Mix Pan
Simple Panner
1U-Mix Mid Side Decoder
Simple mid/side level and solo control
1U-Mix EQ Mid MC
A mid EQ powered by the MClass EQ
1U-Mix Side EQ MC
A Side EQ powered by the MClass EQ
1U-Mix EQ Stereo
A standard eq with panning control, which adds subtle width
1U-Wdth Stereo Comb
Separate +/- Comb filter for L+R channels, adding noticeable width - similar to a flanger.

EDIT: (1) I have removed the 'True Stereo Reverbs' 1U combinator patches, instead added a 'TS' button to the existing reverbs so you can switch between normal and true stereo. (2) In both the Reverbs and the Delays, the self-ducking sidechain compressor has been replaced with a standard 4/4 AutoSideChain (volume envelope). This is a bit more useful, especially in electronic music production

elkmony

13 Jan 2022

[/quote]

If you - or anyone else - have any ideas, tools etc. that may be missing please give me a shout! Seeing how far I can go with stock reason devices is a hobby of mine :)

[/quote]

(I just realized I replied to you in two different threads, oh well...)

The only thing I either do not understand (as I don't really get how the or it does not exist would be some kind of "scratching" tool, or any kind of time manipulation like Gross Beat, Time Shaper, stuff like that. I do not know if this is possible, but this would be an idea that is not yet represented. I know there is a Bitwig stock device and they use modular "programming" to do it with delays (I think), I could look into the patch or send you a screenshot or something if you are interested.

Also, thank you for the new drop! Will check these out.

deeplink
Competition Winner

14 Jan 2022

elkmony wrote:
13 Jan 2022
...time manipulation..
Thank you elkmony, I've actually started running out of ideas so doing some Scratching emulations will help a lot. I will see how far I get with a delay unit, but I think ultimately Reason's Polar RE may be the best bet. I will take a look at some of those VST's you've mentioned. I came across devious machine's Infiltrator, and I think that's a good place for inspiration too.

Also, I've managed to come up with one more Reverb for this series, uploaded yesterday - I think it's my best one yet! See below;

1U-Rvb Planetarium
A long attack, multi delay and reverb - perfect on Pads, and works on just about any sound. Light a candle, close your eyes and drift away into the ambient void.
1U-Dly 3-Line Delay
3x Parallel delay lines with spread control, HPF and LPF
1U-Mix Squash
A super squash, similar to the one in Deviant Machine's Infiltrator
1U-Mvmnt Freeze (RE Polar)
A One-Knob freeze 'n sweep through the delay buffer, perfect for Automation and weird glitchy sounds
1U-Mvmnt Tape Stop
Classic record/tape stop effect, with speed control

EDIT: Added Phase Inversion toggle to the "1U-Dist Tape S" and "1U-Dist Tube" devices

updated 18 January 2022

deeplink
Competition Winner

28 Feb 2022

Added:

1U-Dist Saturation (RE Scenic)
The Saturation module from Scenic. It has a pretty nifty threshold control and HPF

1U-Dist SP 12 Ryan Harlin
The free SP-12 patch created by Ryan Harlin, in the 1U format

1U-Flt HPF LPF 48db Filter (RE Scenic)
A 48db Filter powered by Scenic

1U-Mvmnt TimeStretch
A live pseudo-timestretch effect, powered by The Echo, which slows down or speeds up anything you put through it.

1U-Mvmnt Reverse
A live pseudo-audio-reverser, powered by the Echo

1U-Rvb Shimmer Sync
A shimmer/pitched reverb with the a tempo sync'd feedback delay

1U-Rvb Scenic Reverb (RE Scenic)
A reverb unit powered by Scenic

1U-Dist Distortion E; 1U-Dist Limiter E; 1U-Dist Overdrive E
These are distortion devices powered by The Echo (using the break-out jacks)

Furthermore, and in accordance with the single-purpose philosophy of this series, each of the Shaper Modes within Thor and Maelstrom have been split into separate devices. This make it a bit easier to quickly grab a Saturator, SineShaper, Bipulse etc.

Last Updated: 06 March 2022.

• Information