Forgotten Clank Studios Omega Trimmer (FREE during BF)

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
moofi

25 Nov 2021

https://reasonstudios.com/shop/rack-ext ... a-trimmer/

Thank you very much for a very useful + good sounding unit :-)
Last edited by moofi on 26 Nov 2021, edited 1 time in total.

FGL

26 Nov 2021

The device is superb. Anyway, I don't understand why the extremely useful devices from Forgotten Clang are not being celebrated more intensely. This is perfect for cleaning up every mix, but also for eliminating nonsensical artifacts, such as those that often arise in FM synthesis, for example with "Algorithm" in the high frequency range.

Ottostrom

26 Nov 2021

FGL wrote:
26 Nov 2021
The device is superb. Anyway, I don't understand why the extremely useful devices from Forgotten Clang are not being celebrated more intensely. This is perfect for cleaning up every mix, but also for eliminating nonsensical artifacts, such as those that often arise in FM synthesis, for example with "Algorithm" in the high frequency range.
Yeah, the Forgotten Clank* REs are really great!
I use the Omega DEQ all the time and it includes every feature I could ask for from a single band dynamic EQ and it doesn't take up much space at all :)

FGL

26 Nov 2021

Right: It is spelled "Clank". Beloved Moderation, please change the Titel of the Thread. Searchfunktion.

FGL

26 Nov 2021

Ottostrom wrote:
26 Nov 2021
FGL wrote:
26 Nov 2021
Yeah, the Forgotten Clank* REs are really great!
I use the Omega DEQ all the time and it includes every feature I could ask for from a single band dynamic EQ and it doesn't take up much space at all :)
I can only agree, my favorite is "Forgotten Convolver". This allows you to individualize all possible instrument patches. But I also use "Forgotten Waveshaper" a lot. And "Mastering Clipper" is also free and usefull.

Ottostrom

26 Nov 2021

FGL wrote:
26 Nov 2021
I can only agree, my favorite is "Forgotten Convolver". This allows you to individualize all possible instrument patches. But I also use "Forgotten Waveshaper" a lot. And "Mastering Clipper" is also free and usefull.
I should really give the Convolver a go! Seems like you can do some very unique sound design with it and it's only 10€ right now

Loque

26 Nov 2021

Ottostrom wrote:
26 Nov 2021
FGL wrote:
26 Nov 2021
I should really give the Convolver a go! Seems like you can do some very unique sound design with it and it's only 10€ right now
Its pretty strange/unique, but also unpredictibale. TBF, its hit-and-miss, but nothing else available that can do this. If you are looking for some extra flavour, it can be a "hit".
Reason12, Win10

moofi

26 Nov 2021

Done. I first thought the name was Forgotten Klang (German for sound), then I only payed attention to the difference in the first letter and thought it would still be the analogy with only an english C integrated, hence didn´t look any further. :-D
FGL wrote:
26 Nov 2021
Right: It is spelled "Clank". Beloved Moderation, please change the Titel of the Thread. Searchfunktion.

FGL

26 Nov 2021

I am also German an therefore it doesn't looks odd to me.

dioxide

26 Nov 2021

The filters on this can create a scratchy noise. Is this a bug?

moofi

26 Nov 2021

Àudio example or how to replicate?
dioxide wrote:
26 Nov 2021

dioxide

27 Nov 2021

moofi wrote:
26 Nov 2021
dioxide wrote:
26 Nov 2021
I've just tried and couldn't reproduce it. I'll repost if I manage to do it again.

moofi

27 Nov 2021

Yes, briefly checked on it in that regard, couldn´t notice anything, reason I asked. :-)
dioxide wrote:
27 Nov 2021
moofi wrote:
26 Nov 2021

I've just tried and couldn't reproduce it. I'll repost if I manage to do it again.

aeox
Competition Winner

28 Nov 2021

Thanks for the heads up.

• Information