Reasonstudios Black Friday Week

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
DaveyG

26 Nov 2021

This year it feels like every company is trying a bit too hard to get my money. My inbox has been swamped with offers, way more than previous years. Some offers are better than others, but none of them are really tempting me. I guess it's a funny old time for retailers.

Billy+

26 Nov 2021

DaveyG wrote:
26 Nov 2021
This year it feels like every company is trying a bit too hard to get my money. My inbox has been swamped with offers, way more than previous years. Some offers are better than others, but none of them are really tempting me. I guess it's a funny old time for retailers.
Ah you should probably make it a priority to click unsubscribe on those emails when you start getting crap you didn't ask for, I spent most of last year doing that and now I'm able to work without being hassled by just about every single software company ;)

DaveyG

26 Nov 2021

Billy+ wrote:
26 Nov 2021
DaveyG wrote:
26 Nov 2021
Ah you should probably make it a priority to click unsubscribe on those emails when you start getting crap you didn't ask for, I spent most of last year doing that and now I'm able to work without being hassled by just about every single software company ;)
I don't feel hassled by them. I'm just amused by all the wasted effort they are making this year.

Billy+

26 Nov 2021

DaveyG wrote:
26 Nov 2021
Billy+ wrote:
26 Nov 2021

I don't feel hassled by them. I'm just amused by all the wasted effort they are making this year.
Wouldn't have a clue ;)

gullum

26 Nov 2021

getting reminder in email but I have not even checked the store because I honestly think I have what I need. Black Friday is not for me and the deals are just mee, I did however get my son new shoos 20% of :D

challism

26 Nov 2021

plaamook wrote:
26 Nov 2021
challism wrote:
26 Nov 2021

Don't dismiss a good tinfoil hat. Those things can be quite effective for a number of uses.
Example?
Ummm... stopping the government from stealing your thoughts, for one thing! I thought that was fairly common knowledge. ;)
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Last Alternative

26 Nov 2021

*rephrased* Wait so if I wanna upgrade from R11 to 12, there's no Black Friday deal? All I see is the subscription discount. Yeah so just as predicted, RS is trying to force us like herding cattle into monthly or annual subs...
Last edited by Last Alternative on 26 Nov 2021, edited 1 time in total.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

plaamook

26 Nov 2021

Last Alternative wrote:
26 Nov 2021
Wait so if I wanna stay with R11, there's no Black Friday deal? All I see is the subscription discount. Yeah so just as predicted, RS is trying to force us like herding cattle into monthly or annual subs...
You wanna stay on 11 and you want to pay some reduced sum of money to do so?
Surely if you own it already it’s free to stay there right? I mean what better deal were you hoping for? Some kind of Bf refund?
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

Last Alternative

26 Nov 2021

No actually I was hoping for an R12 discount. Maybe RE discounts?
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

challism

27 Nov 2021

Last Alternative wrote:
26 Nov 2021
Those are quite possibly a thing of the past now. Time will tell, but it's not looking good, for the time being.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

DaveyG

27 Nov 2021

Last Alternative wrote:
26 Nov 2021
How does £109 grab you?

https://www.thomann.de/gb/reason_studio ... rade_1.htm

napynap

28 Nov 2021

Good thing I've taken advantage of Reason Black Friday sales for many years BEFORE Reason Plus. Kicking back and relaxing now....
visit http://www.napynap.com to learn more about me. Thank you.

Last Alternative

28 Nov 2021

I don’t trust this company anymore.

ArcoZ

28 Nov 2021

They want everybody to accept that satanic subscription plan.
Klaus Schwab (WEF) says: You will own nothing and you'll be happy. - I disagree.
RS was copying Apple marketing strategies since couple of years but... they're not Apple.
After this Black Friday every faithful Reason user feels betrayed. They've just cut the branch they were sitting on.
I've been Reason user since ver6. I skipped only ver 10 and I'm sure this is my last financial engagement (12) with those people. Thanx God, Reason is only my second tool after Reaper.

dvdrtldg

28 Nov 2021

ArcoZ wrote:
28 Nov 2021
After this Black Friday every faithful Reason user feels betrayed.
:lol:

Come on mate, maybe dial the drama down a notch or two

Billy+

28 Nov 2021

ArcoZ wrote:
28 Nov 2021
After this Black Friday every faithful Reason user feels betrayed.
dvdrtldg wrote:
28 Nov 2021
:lol:

Come on mate, maybe dial the drama down a notch or two

Yeah put a positive spin on it,

"This years I've saved well over £500"

by not spending a penny on rack extensions and by not upgrading for the first time ever

Thanks Reason Studios :clap:

scotward57

28 Nov 2021

What's sad yet a little funny is that while I'm disgusted with the whole R+ thing, I'm still tempted to do the $99 sale. I really do want Combinator v2 and interested to see what the Mimic sampler can do that Logic's quick sampler can't. 24 hours or less to decide? Yikes!

Faastwalker

28 Nov 2021

scotward57 wrote:
28 Nov 2021
What's sad yet a little funny is that while I'm disgusted with the whole R+ thing, I'm still tempted to do the $99 sale. I really do want Combinator v2 and interested to see what the Mimic sampler can do that Logic's quick sampler can't. 24 hours or less to decide? Yikes!
I was in the same position at the R+ launch. I was still on R10, I didn’t have many RS RE’s or Players, R12 wasn’t far off. In the end I went for it for a year at $99US. Can always not renew when it comes around. Still unsure about that to be honest 🤔

Pepin

28 Nov 2021

Haven't used it personally, but the R12 upgrade is $114.81 at JRR Shop currently--for those wishing for a Black Friday discount:
https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopi ... 7&t=573847

As an aside, R+ would be much more appealing to me if it followed Bitwig's "upgrade plan" approach. So you'd buy a perpetual license and subscribe for a year of updates + new devices. After unsubscribing, you'd keep what you have. If something like this was added--even as a more expensive tier of subscription--I'd seriously consider it.

Though as it stands, I'm not even thinking about R+ until it supports machine authorization.

scotward57

28 Nov 2021

Faastwalker wrote:
28 Nov 2021
scotward57 wrote:
28 Nov 2021
I was in the same position at the R+ launch. I was still on R10, I didn’t have many RS RE’s or Players, R12 wasn’t far off. In the end I went for it for a year at $99US. Can always not renew when it comes around. Still unsure about that to be honest 🤔
Well I went ahead and took the plunge. For $100, I get the 2 things I wanted most, Combinator v2 and the Sampler. Had R11 Suite already plus Friktion. But now I get to check out Algorthm and the Pattern Generator. And I give RS Inc. one year to prove they are worth investing in long-term. That is a pretty fair deal. I'm rooting for them to get their act together and prove the DAW industry wrong!!

scotward57

28 Nov 2021

Pepin wrote:
28 Nov 2021
Haven't used it personally, but the R12 upgrade is $114.81 at JRR Shop currently--for those wishing for a Black Friday discount:

As an aside, R+ would be much more appealing to me if it followed Bitwig's "upgrade plan" approach. So you'd buy a perpetual license and subscribe for a year of updates + new devices. After unsubscribing, you'd keep what you have. If something like this was added--even as a more expensive tier of subscription--I'd seriously consider it.

Though as it stands, I'm not even thinking about R+ until it supports machine authorization.
That's not a bad deal either. But I'm going to give RS Inc. one year to prove R+ is worth it. Honestly, they should consider just dropping the price to $99 a year permanently. They would actually see an increase in overall revenue. They really need to hire someone who understands economics.

fieldframe
RE Developer

28 Nov 2021

Pepin wrote:
28 Nov 2021

They’d have to price it really high to keep the same margins as a subscription where you lose access to everything if you don’t renew.

Pepin

28 Nov 2021

fieldframe wrote:
28 Nov 2021
Pepin wrote:
28 Nov 2021

They’d have to price it really high to keep the same margins as a subscription where you lose access to everything if you don’t renew.
Well with Bitwig you still buy a license up front. That's how I'd envision it here, where you'd initially pay to get a license and one year of updates. So imagine you pay $599 (the cost of Reason 11 Suite) up front.

Then you'd subscribe to an upgrade plan after the first year.

I don't think the financial tradeoffs are so clear cut, since they'd be getting $599 up front. It really depends on how long the average R+ user remains a subscriber.

Of course, this raises the barrier of entry. So it couldn't be the only subscription option.

EnochLight

29 Nov 2021

ArcoZ wrote:
28 Nov 2021
You say that like it's a bad thing? Satan gets a bad wrap - just like Prometheus, he was a bringer of light. A Morningstar! :clap: :lol:

Pometheus.jpg
Pometheus.jpg (267.31 KiB) Viewed 3606 times
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

ArcoZ

29 Nov 2021

EnochLight wrote:
29 Nov 2021
ArcoZ wrote:
28 Nov 2021
You say that like it's a bad thing? Satan gets a bad wrap - just like Prometheus, he was a bringer of light. A Morningstar! :clap: :lol:

Not necessarily. Remember Adam and Eve? They lost the paradise because of that "enlightment".

• Information