Virtual Drummer Solid - Issues/Crashes

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
deigm

12 Nov 2021

Hirnilein0815 wrote:
03 Nov 2021
Same issue with me. I bought all three Virtual Drummers some time last year, and all three of them stopped working after some minutes in use from the the first day on. I was hoping that maybe some Reason update might solve the issue, but this was not the case. It seems quite abvious to me that this is a bug Ujam has to fix.

If, for some reason, this is not possible, I would appreciate very much a "MIDI to Track" function where I can expand the drum sequences to single notes like in Dr. Octo Rex.

In the meantime, epoch, would you mind to upload your ReFill once again?
As a fellow victim of these Ujam drummer RE's I too am interested in this MIDI refill...

rootwheel

19 Nov 2021

deigm wrote:
12 Nov 2021
Hirnilein0815 wrote:
03 Nov 2021
Same issue with me. I bought all three Virtual Drummers some time last year, and all three of them stopped working after some minutes in use from the the first day on. I was hoping that maybe some Reason update might solve the issue, but this was not the case. It seems quite abvious to me that this is a bug Ujam has to fix.

If, for some reason, this is not possible, I would appreciate very much a "MIDI to Track" function where I can expand the drum sequences to single notes like in Dr. Octo Rex.

In the meantime, epoch, would you mind to upload your ReFill once again?
As a fellow victim of these Ujam drummer RE's I too am interested in this MIDI refill...
Op seems to have disappeared. Is anyone who downloaded the ReFill the first time around able to reshare?

Failing that looks like an upgrade to the VSTs is in order...

Ottostrom

19 Nov 2021

rootwheel wrote:
19 Nov 2021
deigm wrote:
12 Nov 2021

Op seems to have disappeared. Is anyone who downloaded the ReFill the first time around able to reshare?

Yeah I can reshare it.
Download Link

deigm

19 Nov 2021

Ottostrom wrote:
19 Nov 2021
rootwheel wrote:
19 Nov 2021

Yeah I can reshare it.
Download Link
Awesome, thanks!

rootwheel

20 Nov 2021

Ottostrom wrote:
19 Nov 2021
rootwheel wrote:
19 Nov 2021

Yeah I can reshare it.
Download Link
Cheers! :)

Hirnilein0815

25 Nov 2021

Thanks a lot, Ottostrom

dammitjackson

04 Apr 2022

Ottostrom wrote:
19 Nov 2021
rootwheel wrote:
19 Nov 2021

Yeah I can reshare it.
Download Link
Thank you so much! This bug has been driving me nuts!

wendylou

04 Jul 2022

This is a terrible bug. I just exported a song and the entire drum track (Virtual Drummer Solid) did not play in the export (it probably stopped playing earlier during editing other elements in the song). Even when I get it to work by closing and reopening the song, sometimes the first notes are cut off on certain patterns or entire patterns don't play.

I own all three Virtual Drummers and this bug makes using them practically worthless. Has anyone gotten a response from UJAM?

Also, how does that MIDI file Refill resolve the issue? Do you browse the refill instead of using the pIano roll to trigger the Styles within each Virtual Drummer?
:puf_smile: http://www.galxygirl.com -- :reason: user since 2002

wendylou

05 Jul 2022

I just contacted UJAM Support about the no-sound issues in all Virtual Drummer REs and got this response:
Thanks for reaching out! Please note that we didn't create a Rack Extension for Virtual Drummer and that Rack Extensions are a different format. Reason is a completely independent shop and will unfortunately no longer update RE. At ujam.com we sell the VST / AU / AAX version, which includes the new features of version 2.

Maybe you first want to try them out? We have 30 free and full version trials of all products
So this is contrary to this response from Reason Studios, as quoted by:
steveg1bbs wrote:
29 Apr 2020
Reason support has pointed me at the makers, UJAM, as they didn't code it themselves.
A lot of finger-pointing here, with Reason Studios and UJAM claiming the other party coded the RE. And note that the RE will never be updated in the Shop according to UJAM.

I just downloaded the 30-day free trials of the UJAM VST Virtual Drummers and tried to replace my RE version, but the included Styles MIDI patterns do not correspond to the Rack Extension versions, so it's not like you can just replace an existing Virtual Drummer RE with the VST and get the same result. UJAM VST uses a different naming convention, and more importantly, it does not contain nearly as many Styles as the Rack Extension. It's so different that I feel I will probably continue to struggle with the RE versions and hope it plays properly on export.

UPDATE: I did contact Reason Studios Support and provided the response from UJAM, asking RS for any bug assistance. In the meantime, I ran my VD in a loop and noted that it stops sounding around 10 minutes, which means your song can't be longer than that. A workaround is to record the VD track to an audio track, then mute the VD track, and keep it for future editing if needed.

jonnyretina

09 Jul 2022

wendylou wrote:
04 Jul 2022
Also, how does that MIDI file Refill resolve the issue? Do you browse the refill instead of using the pIano roll to trigger the Styles within each Virtual Drummer?
Yeah the ReFill contains all the MIDI styles for dragging and dropping to the sequencer. It seems that the sound drop-out bug only happens when using the single note loop triggers on the REs. If you use the kit mode triggers via the MIDI styles instead then the RE sound doesn't stop after 10 minutes.

dakta

09 Jul 2022

Not heard of this RE before, one to avoid then :o (more based on the level of support as opposed to the existence of a bug)

wendylou

13 Jul 2022

After some discussion with UJAM, I threw in the towel and just replaced my Virtual Drummer REs with their VST counterparts Solid, Phat, and Heavy, just for ease of use. They made it clear the REs will never be updated or fixed, and they aren't revealing why they abandoned it. Although I could use the MIDI Refill mentioned above in this thread, it's just easier to browse the VST and use the one-key pattern triggers rather than looking for the corresponding MIDI file each time. I also did some back-to-back sound comparisons of the RE vs. VST drum kits, and the VST appears to have been updated and sounds more realistic and natural on certain kicks, snares, toms, etc.

Anyway, I started this drum journey with the Propellerhead A-List Classic, Power, and Studio Drummer REs, which were later replaced with the UJAM Virtual Drummer REs, and as the key-triggered patterns won't play past 10 minutes of RE use, now I own the VSTs. Talk about a money sink, this has got to be the all-time worst RE. Has anyone else gone down this road? Anyway, it's finally game over! for me. Not spending another dime on drums! :exclamation:

jonnyretina

13 Jul 2022

wendylou wrote:
13 Jul 2022
After some discussion with UJAM, I threw in the towel and just replaced my Virtual Drummer REs with their VST counterparts Solid, Phat, and Heavy, just for ease of use. They made it clear the REs will never be updated or fixed, and they aren't revealing why they abandoned it. Although I could use the MIDI Refill mentioned above in this thread, it's just easier to browse the VST and use the one-key pattern triggers rather than looking for the corresponding MIDI file each time. I also did some back-to-back sound comparisons of the RE vs. VST drum kits, and the VST appears to have been updated and sounds more realistic and natural on certain kicks, snares, toms, etc.

Anyway, I started this drum journey with the Propellerhead A-List Classic, Power, and Studio Drummer REs, which were later replaced with the UJAM Virtual Drummer REs, and as the key-triggered patterns won't play past 10 minutes of RE use, now I own the VSTs. Talk about a money sink, this has got to be the all-time worst RE. Has anyone else gone down this road? Anyway, it's finally game over! for me. Not spending another dime on drums! :exclamation:
I begrudgingly went down the same road. I have however now come to terms with having had to ditch the REs for the VSTs and the money it cost me, so much so that I've gone on to get VD DEEP and VD BRUTE, both of which are superb and even better sounding than the first three drummers.

• Information