Tonicmint ScaleMatrix in the shop.

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Vil
RE Developer

14 May 2021

..... finally I had time for creating a drumless version of the video....

:)

bullt

25 Nov 2021

Easier and faster way to record scalematrix´s midi notes to track?

With a Hamu RE splitter?

dvdrtldg

25 Nov 2021

bullt wrote:
25 Nov 2021
Easier and faster way to record scalematrix´s midi notes to track?

With a Hamu RE splitter?
Not sure if I understand your question correctly, you doesn't ScaleMatrix load like any other player - i.e. with a little strip at the top that has the "Bypass all" and "Send to track" buttons?

bullt

25 Nov 2021

Done, I haven´t see it...

altron

02 Mar 2022

Hi, I've purchased ScaleMatrix and ChordLine yesterday. One question ... is it possible in ScaleMatrix to switch between the different chord sets with piano keys (like in ChordLine with black keys)? If so I haven't figured out yet how.
Trap is where music goes to die.

Vil
RE Developer

06 Mar 2022

altron wrote:
02 Mar 2022
Hi, I've purchased ScaleMatrix and ChordLine yesterday. One question ... is it possible in ScaleMatrix to switch between the different chord sets with piano keys (like in ChordLine with black keys)? If so I haven't figured out yet how.
You have to use the Scale Index buttons or knob for this, but it is automatable and remotable like most of controls.
Im using this feature a lot. Usually Im assigning the first knob of my midi controller to the scale index, and this is fun for me.

(right click on the Scale knob -> Edit Remote Override mapping -> and then just turn a knob on the connected midi controller for assigning after that, this knob will switching between the scales/chords settings)

motuscott

06 Mar 2022

I haven't tried ScaleMatrix yet but ChordLine, which I've owned for a while, is amazeballs!
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

MrFigg
Competition Winner

06 Mar 2022

motuscott wrote:
06 Mar 2022
I haven't tried ScaleMatrix yet but ChordLine, which I've owned for a while, is amazeballs!
ScaleMatrix is a cracker.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

altron

12 Mar 2022

Vil wrote:
06 Mar 2022
altron wrote:
02 Mar 2022
You have to use the Scale Index buttons or knob for this, but it is automatable and remotable like most of controls.
Im using this feature a lot. Usually Im assigning the first knob of my midi controller to the scale index, and this is fun for me.

(right click on the Scale knob -> Edit Remote Override mapping -> and then just turn a knob on the connected midi controller for assigning after that, this knob will switching between the scales/chords settings)
Ok, thanks for the info!
Though, using a Midi controller for switching might not be as intuitive as for example using the black piano keys, unless it's assigned to a pedal, perhaps. I like how this is done in ChordLines, however ChordLines is lacking the velocity and delay curves.
Trap is where music goes to die.

visheshl

12 Mar 2022

altron wrote:
12 Mar 2022
Vil wrote:
06 Mar 2022

Ok, thanks for the info!
Though, using a Midi controller for switching might not be as intuitive as for example using the black piano keys, unless it's assigned to a pedal, perhaps. I like how this is done in ChordLines, however ChordLines is lacking the velocity and delay curves.
I personally dislike this black keys function in chordline, midi controller data i think should not be assigned to midi notes...control data is separate, midi notes are separate... scale matrix is perfect the way it is.

Vil
RE Developer

12 Nov 2022

Hello ScaleMatrix users!
If you are using Reason 10.1 or newer, don't forget to check the new 1.5 update!
;)

VIVIsect

12 Nov 2022

Hm.. Anyone one else getting instant Reason crashes when adding ScaleMatrix 1.5 to an instrument? It works if i just drop it into the rack by itself, but adding it to anything kills Reason. Running the latest Reason 12 version on windows. Hope it gets sorted out. Didn’t have any issues before the new update…

steff3

12 Nov 2022

I get a freeze (macOS - spinning beach ball of death)

Bes
Competition Winner

12 Nov 2022

heck yeah it is crashing. :?
i was beta testing this and it never happened in testing, i don't know about how RStudios servers operate but it seems believable to me that the copy on the server didn't upload properly and we've all downloaded an incomplete or somehow corrupt version and i bet TonicMint can fix this real quick. hope no one lost any work
- Certified Reason expert

Vil
RE Developer

12 Nov 2022

Hi Guys, I also noticed, it is crashing.

This not discovered during the testing period. The behaviour is strange, Well try to find the quickest solution to solve this.

Until this please dont update to version 1.5 .
If you already did, a workaround: dont put ScaleMatrix over an existing device. Put it alone into the rack, and then replace the automatically created ID8 with your desired device. As I experienced, the saved reason files loaded correctly.

Sorry about that!!!!

Vil
RE Developer

16 Nov 2022

Thanks for your patience guys!

ScaleMatrix 1.5.1 is in the shop with the fix!

Now you can update.

One feature, what I forgot to mention in the shop page previously: You can shift the notes in the scale notes section, if you pressed the Alt key + press and hold and move your mouse.

huggermugger

16 Nov 2022

Vil wrote:
16 Nov 2022

Now you can update.

One feature, what I forgot to mention in the shop page previously: You can shift the notes in the scale notes section, if you pressed the Alt key + press and hold and move your mouse.
Nice, thanks Vil!

moneykube

16 Nov 2022

Vil wrote:
16 Nov 2022

Now you can update.

wow... so quick ... awesome... thanks !
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

gkillmaster

24 Nov 2022

MrFigg wrote:
06 Mar 2022
motuscott wrote:
06 Mar 2022
Is a cracker good? I'm thinking about Scalematrix and it seems like it has a nice flow that I would like.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 Nov 2022

gkillmaster wrote:
24 Nov 2022
MrFigg wrote:
06 Mar 2022

Is a cracker good? I'm thinking about Scalematrix and it seems like it has a nice flow that I would like.
Yeah...it's great. Tonicmint stuff is really well thought through.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

gkillmaster

24 Nov 2022

MrFigg wrote:
24 Nov 2022
gkillmaster wrote:
24 Nov 2022

Yeah...it's great. Tonicmint stuff is really well thought through.
Thank you for the response!

visheshl

24 Nov 2022

Hey, would it be possible to use scalematrix as a note filter?
I know you sell the note filter as a separate device, but it would be nice to use scalematrix as a note filter because it has the option to switch between predefined scales.
It's already is a filter because it can already filter out notes not in scale, just allow it to pass incoming midi notes to the next player in stack without forming chords out of those incoming notes... would be super helpful.
The built in scales and chords device can be used as a filter, without turning on the chord section, however it doesn't have multiple scales.

Vil
RE Developer

24 Nov 2022

visheshl wrote:
24 Nov 2022
Hey, would it be possible to use scalematrix as a note filter?
It's already is a filter because it can already filter out notes not in scale, just allow it to pass incoming midi notes to the next player in stack without forming chords out of those incoming notes... would be super helpful.
The built in scales and chords device can be used as a filter, without turning on the chord section, however it doesn't have multiple scales.
actually this can be used in this way....

1. Set the Filter/Guess switch to "Filter" state (this step is not required in prior version, this introduced in v1.5)
2. Set ANY scale you want, but Set only the first note in the "Chord Notes" section, and remove all notes from the "Roots" section
3. Set the "Perf" switch to the "Normal" state

"Common scale filter" and "Diatonic mode filter" factory patches in the "filter" folder are working in this way. But you can really set any scale, they are just examples.
Attachments
ScaleMatrix_filtering.png
ScaleMatrix_filtering.png (277.23 KiB) Viewed 1528 times

visheshl

07 Dec 2022

I have a suggestion. I love scalematrix, but it has a very limiting factor, that is that it can only play one type of chord throughout the selected scale. And that's done by selecting root,third,fifth etc. As of now all these settings apply to the whole scale.
What i was suggesting is that since there is already a built in scale tools feature, where you can build the scale and save it. Then you can load up that scale in one of the slots.
So basically the scale notes column (after the scale selection column ) is redundant.
What i was suggesting is why not use this column to select a note instead.
So let's say i load up C# minor scale in the first slot. Now i select a note (from the note select column(currently scale notes column).
Now all the settings like root note third fifth,octave inversion which are now per scale would become per note.
So let's say that when i play C note i want it to play a triad, so i select the c note and then select root,third and fifth note.
But on D note i want it to play a seventh chord, so i select the D note the select root third a fifth and seventh.
Or for example on f note i could select a diminished chord with hi octave note and 2nd inversion.
So the point is to have different chord selections playing rather than a triad or seventh on the whole scale.

Hope this suggestion seems useful 😃
And hope that you could implement it too.

• Information