WINNERS ANNOUNCED - Oenkenstein Audio Roads Electric Piano Song Competition (Contest Closed)

Great fun, great prizes! Good luck!
challism

14 Nov 2021

Oenkenstein wrote:
11 Dec 2021
The Roads Electric Piano competition is over, the judges have listened and awarded the entries points.

The winners and prizes won:
• 1st place: >>bossa<<. Wins free license for 5 Rack Extensions made by Oenkenstein Audio (Rumble K1 Granular Synthesizer, Rumble K2 Player Digital Wavetable Synthesizer, Rumble K2 Builder Digital Synthesizer, Rumble Klank Singing Bowls Generator and Roads MK1 Electric Piano).
• 2nd place: Quarmat wins a free license for the Roads Electric Piano Rack Extension and three other Oenkenstein Audio Rack Extensions of your choice.
• 3rd place: TritoneAddiction. Free license for the Roads Electric Piano Rack Extension.

Dear winners, congratulations.

For the other entries that did not win the prizes, I can perhaps offer some comfort by informing you that more Oenkenstein Audio competitions will be held soon.

I would like to thank all the contestants for their wonderful work and also the members of the moderators team at Reasontalk, who were part of the jury.

I will PM the winners to ask for their Reasonstudios username and distribute the free licenses according to the prizes they have won.
To Quarmat the question whether a Private Message can be sent to me, stating the preference for which three Rack Extensions can be given a free license.

Thumbs up and keep up the good work and make fine music!
ORIGINAL COMPETITION POST BELOW

Now the Roads Electric Piano Rack Extension has been released, Oenkenstein Audio in collaboration with Reasontalk wants you to get your creativity going with a challenge:

The Roads Electric Piano song competition.
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... ric-piano/
005 SongCompetition.png
005 SongCompetition.png (542.13 KiB) Viewed 20503 times
Roads MK1 Electric Piano is an emulation of a 73 keys Rhodes MK 1 Stage Piano from 1965. This Rack Extension mimics the sound and the look of the original hardware and comes with 18 patches. Some of them emulate components of an amplifier.

Trademark disclaimer: * All product names used are trademarks of their respective owners, and in no way constitutes an association or affiliation with Oenkenstein Audio or Reason Studios.

Wish you all good luck and fun,

/Ed Gool
Oenkenstein Audio

The rules:

General:
• Entries must be emailed to reasontalkcontest@gmail.com (WITH "ROADS" IN THE SUBJECT LINE)
Please include: 1) a link to your track, 2) your ReasonTalk username and 3) ‘Roads song competition’ in the subject/header of the email.
• Entries must be submitted by 23:59:59 PST on November 30 (before 12:00AM / 00:00 PST December 1).
• Only one entry per participant.
• No remixes or cover songs. Your work must be original.
• Do not use copyrighted samples or material that hasn’t been cleared.
• Be aware that we will ask you to provide the Reason project file to check for compliance to these rules. If you bounce to track, leave the original lane/device intact!
• Oenkenstein Audio reserves the right to showcase all submissions on the media page of the Oenkenstein Audio website.

Instruments:
• At least one sound must originate from the Roads Electric Piano. There are no restrictions on using vocals, drum loops and samples.

Effects:
• No restrictions.

Utilities and Players:
• No restrictions.

Prizes:
• 1st place: Free license for all 5 Rack Extensions made by Oenkenstein Audio.
• 2nd place: Free license for Roads Electric Piano Rack Extension and three other Oenkenstein Audio Rack Extensions of your choice.
• 3rd place: Free license for Roads Electric Piano Rack Extension.

Judges:
Oenkenstein Audio and ReasonTalk Team.

Link to the products page:
www.oenkenstein.nl/products.asp

COUNTDOWN TIMER: https://www.watchisup.com/countdown/eve ... 1-30-23-59
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Loque

15 Nov 2021

I hope to see some cool jazzy or house stuff. Good luck and have fun everybody 🍀👍
Reason12, Win10

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

15 Nov 2021

Awesome!
As someone who has really disliked the use-only-stock-effects rule in some competitions, these rules sound great to me.
I might give it a spin and see what happens. :puf_smile:

Popey
Competition Winner

16 Nov 2021

Hi does this have to made in Reason or could you use ableton and reason rack plugin (and supply ableton file for compliance checks)?

Oenkenstein
RE Developer

16 Nov 2021

Popey wrote:
16 Nov 2021
Hi does this have to made in Reason or could you use ableton and reason rack plugin (and supply ableton file for compliance checks)?
No restrictions, so yes, you can use the Rack plugin version in Ableton. However, you must bounce separate tracks so there will be no problems when it comes down to validating the entries, as we can load them in Reason. An Ableton file would give problems. Not all judges own Ableton Live.

Popey
Competition Winner

16 Nov 2021

Oenkenstein wrote:
16 Nov 2021
Popey wrote:
16 Nov 2021
No restrictions, so yes, you can use the Rack plugin version in Ableton. However, you must bounce separate tracks so there will be no problems when it comes down to validating the entries, as we can load them in Reason. An Ableton file would give problems. Not all judges own Ableton Live.
Hi That is great thank you. I could bounce individually no problem. :thumbs_up:

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

19 Nov 2021

I guess I'll go first. Here's my entry. All sounds comes from Roads MK1 Electric Piano. No other instruments or samples.

Popey
Competition Winner

20 Nov 2021

TritoneAddiction wrote:
19 Nov 2021
I guess I'll go first. Here's my entry. All sounds comes from Roads MK1 Electric Piano. No other instruments or samples.

That's beautiful, really like the element of suspense throughout.

Popey
Competition Winner

21 Nov 2021

Here is my entry.

Bass, Arps, chords, drone and virtually all sounds etc from Roads. Samples used for drums and vocals and a couple of little synth noises.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

21 Nov 2021

Popey wrote:
20 Nov 2021
TritoneAddiction wrote:
19 Nov 2021

That's beautiful, really like the element of suspense throughout.
Thanks.
Initially I was going for more of a rhythmic/bluesy/jazzy feel, but once the reverb came on I scrapped my old idea completely and went with this instead.
Probably my least subtle use of reverb ever. :D
Last edited by TritoneAddiction on 23 Nov 2021, edited 1 time in total.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

21 Nov 2021

Popey wrote:
21 Nov 2021
Here is my entry.

Bass, Arps, chords, drone and virtually all sounds etc from Roads. Samples used for drums and vocals and a couple of little synth noises.

Nice. I like that you managed to get a varitey of different tones with this one sound.

Popey
Competition Winner

21 Nov 2021

TritoneAddiction wrote:
21 Nov 2021
Popey wrote:
21 Nov 2021
Here is my entry.

Nice. I like that you managed to get a varitey of different tones with this one sound.
Thanks :thumbs_up: . I wanted to use Roads as much as possible so had lots of fun putting it throughdifferent fx (multipass, verbs, delays, synchronous),resampling and eqing the sounds i wanted. Really surprising how versatile it is with just the bass, hammer and warmth controls.

I just wish i could have separated the hammer noise and tried to make percussive sounds from it :-)

rare_shadow
Competition Winner

22 Nov 2021

Great tracks TritoneAddiction and Popey!

My entry is very jazzy.
I used Roads for the chords and the two lead sounds.

Thanks for the competition!

Popey
Competition Winner

23 Nov 2021

rare_shadow wrote:
22 Nov 2021

My entry is very jazzy.

That's really cool, parts of it reminded me of a late 70's early 80's American tv theme tune but for the life of me cannot remember what it was called.

rare_shadow
Competition Winner

24 Nov 2021

Popey wrote:
23 Nov 2021
rare_shadow wrote:
22 Nov 2021

My entry is very jazzy.

That's really cool, parts of it reminded me of a late 70's early 80's American tv theme tune but for the life of me cannot remember what it was called.
Thank you very much, Popey!

bossa
Competition Winner

27 Nov 2021

Here is my entry.

I took up the suggestion to compose a jazzy piece. One in the forum has wished for that. The electric piano plays a classical role, as we know it from jazz/rock music or fusion. There is an intro, a theme and then two short wild electric piano solos that support the jazzy character. The electric piano sound characterizes the whole piece.

Attachments
onko mark leadsheet.png
onko mark leadsheet.png (399.72 KiB) Viewed 20091 times

moofi

27 Nov 2021

I quite like the 70s feel. :-)
bossa wrote:
27 Nov 2021
Here is my entry.

I took up the suggestion to compose a jazzy piece. One in the forum has wished for that. The electric piano plays a classical role, as we know it from jazz/rock music or fusion. There is an intro, a theme and then two short wild electric piano solos that support the jazzy character. The electric piano sound characterizes the whole piece.

bossa
Competition Winner

27 Nov 2021

Yes indeed! Thanks!

challism

27 Nov 2021

Keep working on your entries; the contest ends in 3 days 10 hours (at the time of this posting).
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (41.32 KiB) Viewed 20056 times
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Quarmat
Competition Winner

27 Nov 2021

Hello there,

Here's my entry for the competiton. I teamed up with my brother this time, just like in the old days, for a swing with a japanese style harmonic progression and soloes which are all provided by Roads Electric Piano. Reason Drum Kits for the drums, Friktion for the upright bass and Orchestral Companion (vst) for the brass section.

Have a nice day!

Oenkenstein
RE Developer

28 Nov 2021

Popey wrote:
21 Nov 2021
I just wish i could have separated the hammer noise and tried to make percussive sounds from it :-)
Actually you can. Here are two combinator patches. One for in Reason 10 and 11. One for in Reason 12.

Download Hammer Only patch:
www.oenkenstein.nl/uploadmap/RoadsHammerOnlyPatches.zip

After unzipping the download, load the Hammer Only 10.cmb or Hammer Only 12.cmb in Reason.
Reason 10 or 11: Click on the Hammer Only button to hear just the Hammer sound.
Reason 12: Click on the little green button next to Hammer to hear just the Hammer sound.
HammerOnlyPatch.jpg
HammerOnlyPatch.jpg (52.03 KiB) Viewed 20002 times

Popey
Competition Winner

29 Nov 2021

Oenkenstein wrote:
28 Nov 2021
Popey wrote:
21 Nov 2021
Actually you can. Here are two combinator patches. One for in Reason 10 and 11. One for in Reason 12.

Download Hammer Only patch:
www.oenkenstein.nl/uploadmap/RoadsHammerOnlyPatches.zip

After unzipping the download, load the Hammer Only 10.cmb or Hammer Only 12.cmb in Reason.
Reason 10 or 11: Click on the Hammer Only button to hear just the Hammer sound.
Reason 12: Click on the little green button next to Hammer to hear just the Hammer sound.
HammerOnlyPatch.jpg
That's really cool, thank you. Looking forward to downloading the combi's after work today.

Popey
Competition Winner

29 Nov 2021

bossa wrote:
27 Nov 2021
Here is my entry.

really cool, love the little guitar parts :thumbs_up:

Popey
Competition Winner

29 Nov 2021

Quarmat wrote:
27 Nov 2021
Hello there,

Here's my entry for the competiton. I teamed up with my brother this time, just like in the old days, for a swing with a japanese style harmonic progression and soloes which are all provided by Roads Electric Piano. Reason Drum Kits for the drums, Friktion for the upright bass and Orchestral Companion (vst) for the brass section.

Have a nice day!

that's a lot of fun. nice jazzy vibe.

bossa
Competition Winner

30 Nov 2021

A very nice danceable piece that comes with a modern freshness. The 4 to the floor beat mixed with the electric piano sound combines well with the samples and encourages you to dance. Very well done!
Popey wrote:
21 Nov 2021
Here is my entry.

• Information