VPS Avenger

Discuss VST stuff here!
Muttonheads

21 Oct 2021

DNGmaestro wrote:
29 Sep 2021
Just downloaded the new update and it took less than a minute to crash with avenger, while i was browsing sounds.

This happened:

Same here.
Reason crash with Avenger, even if I de-select "Show Navigators".

DNGmaestro
Competition Winner

21 Oct 2021

andre.k wrote:
04 Oct 2021
DNGmaestro wrote:
29 Sep 2021
Just downloaded the new update and it took less than a minute to crash with avenger, while i was browsing sounds.

This happened:

can you may try if the workaround works for you ?

In Reason Options menu, de-select "Show Navigators."
Tried that before and after the update. Doesn't work.

andre.k

02 Nov 2021

Hi Guys,

this Andre from Keilwerth Audio again.

to all of you who got Problems with Avenger and Reason 12, can you please test our latest Avenger beta 1.7.1. This Version should fix the Issue that was desciped above.

Avenger 1.7.1 beta:
https://keilwerth-audio-data-2.com/file ... _1_7_1.exe
https://keilwerth-audio-data-2.com/file ... _1_7_1.dmg

Please let me know if this works for you.
please also remember this is not an official Release Version.

kind regards
Andre

Despondo
Competition Winner

02 Nov 2021

andre.k wrote:
02 Nov 2021
Please let me know if this works for you.
please also remember this is not an official Release Version.
Nope. Same old Codemeter error for me and complete lockup of Reason. :-(

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

03 Nov 2021

1.7.0 and 1.7.1 work for me in Reason 12 without issues...

1.7.1 has been up and running for the last couple of hours, have gone through a couple hundred patches..

Windows 10 20H2 19042.1288, Reason 12.2.1d50

Despondo
Competition Winner

19 Nov 2021

I have an update on the latest version of Reason (12.2.2d67). The codemeter error is gone, but the VST crashes when trying to open the GUI. This occurs whether or not I have the "Show Navigators" option on or off.

andre.k

22 Nov 2021

We gonna release Avenger update 1.8.0 very soon. Please keep an eye on the website vps-avenger.com
if this page changes the new Avenger update is Available.

Avenger will be M1 native with this update and we also removed Codemeter as Copy Protection.

We also tested version 1.8.0 with Reason 12. But since Reason is not M1 native yet, the VPS Avenger will also not run in M1 native.

I hope your Problem will be gone with this Update.

Loque

22 Nov 2021

andre.k wrote:
22 Nov 2021
... and we also removed Codemeter as Copy Protection.
:o
Reason12, Win10

EnochLight

22 Nov 2021

andre.k wrote:
22 Nov 2021
We gonna release Avenger update 1.8.0 very soon. Please keep an eye on the website vps-avenger.com
if this page changes the new Avenger update is Available.

Avenger will be M1 native with this update and we also removed Codemeter as Copy Protection.

We also tested version 1.8.0 with Reason 12. But since Reason is not M1 native yet, the VPS Avenger will also not run in M1 native.

I hope your Problem will be gone with this Update.
Thanks for the update Andre!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

andre.k

24 Nov 2021

Avenger Update 1.8 is live !

Please go to vps-avenger.com and login to your account. Click on VPS Avenger iin the left Menu und then download the new V-Manager and Avenger Version 1.8

BananaSkins

24 Nov 2021

andre.k wrote:
24 Nov 2021
Avenger Update 1.8 is live !

Please go to vps-avenger.com and login to your account. Click on VPS Avenger iin the left Menu und then download the new V-Manager and Avenger Version 1.8

Nice - thanks for posting :thumbs_up:

Despondo
Competition Winner

24 Nov 2021

FYI, 1.8 fixed my VST crashing issue. All is good now!

Iggster

26 Dec 2021

I’m struggling to authorise Avenger 1.8 after updating.

I had a previous version running fine under Reason/Windows 10 and now just can’t get it to open. I’ve downloaded the new V-Man and it’s listed as being authorised along with the Factory and Synthstruments content and have downloaded the license key a number of times but still no joy.

I even bought 5 expansions before Xmas which are also listed under V-Man but can’t access any of it.

The instruction manual refers to an old version so unfortunately doesn’t help and I can’t find anything online.

Any help would be appreciated?

Thanks

Popey
Competition Winner

10 Jan 2022

I am considering buying avenger whilst currently on sale and have heard good things about the synth but very bad things about the code protection and authorisation. I can see you need to reauthorise every 90 days but is this an automated or manual process? If manual is it straightforward as read people having issues with it using up their 3 authorisations.

Currently going to start trialling it so any feedback on the above appreciated.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

10 Jan 2022

Popey wrote:
10 Jan 2022
I am considering buying avenger whilst currently on sale and have heard good things about the synth but very bad things about the code protection and authorisation. I can see you need to reauthorise every 90 days but is this an automated or manual process? If manual is it straightforward as read people having issues with it using up their 3 authorisations.

It's all good as they have done away with codemeter now, not that I had any issues at all with it as we all use it for Reason anyway :)

I think other people had silly issues by authorising their PC again and again rather than updating the license on that PC, it's all straight forward so I don't know people got into trouble that way...

Their support is great, any issue is a serious issue to them.

Popey
Competition Winner

10 Jan 2022

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
10 Jan 2022
Popey wrote:
10 Jan 2022

It's all good as they have done away with codemeter now, not that I had any issues at all with it as we all use it for Reason anyway :)

I think other people had silly issues by authorising their PC again and again rather than updating the license on that PC, it's all straight forward so I don't know people got into trouble that way...

Their support is great, any issue is a serious issue to them.
Thanks for letting me know the above Carly it is appreciated. I did read about it being codemeter and being a reason user wondered what the fuss was about but some people were saying they had no issues with reason but did with avenger so was a bit apprehensive.

Looking forward to trying this later knowing the issues are no longer anything to worry about.

EnochLight

10 Jan 2022

Popey wrote:
10 Jan 2022

Their copy protection is fine and not a hassle at all, especially with the latest update. If they offered easy license transfers, I'd be happy to sell my copy of Avenger to you for far less than it's on sale currently. I just don't use it. I mean, it's a seriously awesome synth, but I've moved away from using my computer for my production lately and just don't need it anymore.

*UPDATE: actually, support just told me it costs $29 USD to transfer a license. :shock: :puf_unhappy: I'll need to give some thought into this - still might end up selling my copy.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Popey
Competition Winner

10 Jan 2022

EnochLight wrote:
10 Jan 2022
Popey wrote:
10 Jan 2022

Their copy protection is fine and not a hassle at all, especially with the latest update. If they offered easy license transfers, I'd be happy to sell my copy of Avenger to you for far less than it's on sale currently. I just don't use it. I mean, it's a seriously awesome synth, but I've moved away from using my computer for my production lately and just don't need it anymore.
Thanks Enochlight for letting me know and I am looking forward to trialling it. Pricewise I am not too fussed as managed to win a bit with a free bet from the bookies so whatever I buy with winnings will basically be free. Was trying to avoid buying anything else but been looking at avenger for a while and now seems the perfect time if I like it.

Popey
Competition Winner

10 Jan 2022

Well had a few hours with this and what can I say but wow. Really impressed with the modulation and the flexibility of this synth with regard to routing to different filters and number of available sources etc. Loving having 4 filter modules routing osc's as I please.

The downside... well vst 3 version consistenly crashed live when you pressed init patch (Edit reinstall fixed this issue) . Vst 2 version seems rock solid so will run in Reason fine (starting to wonder if vst3 coming to reason is that great a thing but suppose new vendors can only release vst3 so gives people options). I have encountered a few vst3 plugins that don't work as expected.

Basically to finalise I bought it (maybe would have been a bit less hasty if I didn't consider it free being a tight yorkshireman)

andre.k

02 Feb 2022

Iggster wrote:
26 Dec 2021
I’m struggling to authorise Avenger 1.8 after updating.

I had a previous version running fine under Reason/Windows 10 and now just can’t get it to open. I’ve downloaded the new V-Man and it’s listed as being authorised along with the Factory and Synthstruments content and have downloaded the license key a number of times but still no joy.

I even bought 5 expansions before Xmas which are also listed under V-Man but can’t access any of it.

The instruction manual refers to an old version so unfortunately doesn’t help and I can’t find anything online.

Any help would be appreciated?

Thanks
please make sure that there are no "old" Avenger files left. May check the VST Folders where your DAW is looking for the Plugins. If you did update your Avenger to 1.8 or above then an "old" Avenger file is the main reason why you still got license issues.

• Information