News from Noise Engineering: free REs, new/updated REs

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
artotaku

22 Nov 2021

Next: A delay FX in the typical NE way please :-)

Gosh

23 Nov 2021

Just a quick note that the new versions of Cursus and Basimilus are now in my account (as an owner of the former synth bundle 1). Thank you very much, Noise Engineering, for the free updates/upgrades. Desmodus, btw, is great.... :clap: :D

Zac

23 Nov 2021

Played with Ruina the other day. Thanks so much for this great device, it really has everything needed to cut through a mix but also very tameable. Excellent!

NoiseEng
RE Developer

23 Nov 2021

Gosh wrote:
23 Nov 2021
Just a quick note that the new versions of Cursus and Basimilus are now in my account (as an owner of the former synth bundle 1). Thank you very much, Noise Engineering, for the free updates/upgrades. Desmodus, btw, is great.... :clap: :D
Thanks for confirming!

If anyone else owns the original Basimilus Iteritas or Cursus Iteritas Vereor but has not gotten the update, please do contact Reason for support -- I have been told that the new licenses have been added. Again, we at NE don't control this, so it's entirely on their end, and they have been amazingly helpful with this whole thing, so please be patient and kind if there had been any error.
EDIT: Please give it at least a day!

Enjoy!
Last edited by NoiseEng on 23 Nov 2021, edited 1 time in total.
Kris
Noise Engineering
Doer of the Things
Two of Seven

Skullture

23 Nov 2021

NoiseEng wrote:
23 Nov 2021
Gosh wrote:
23 Nov 2021
Thanks for confirming!

If anyone else owns the original Basimilus Iteritas or Cursus Iteritas Vereor but has not gotten the update, please do contact Reason for support -- I have been told that the new licenses have been added. Again, we at NE don't control this, so it's entirely on their end, and they have been amazingly helpful with this whole thing, so please be patient and kind if there had been any error.

Enjoy!
I got Cursus, but not Basimilus. I asked their support. Anyway, big ups NE, Desmodus is out of this world. You should be proud. What a gem.

MarkTarlton

23 Nov 2021

Gosh wrote:
23 Nov 2021
In my account it looks like I have Cursus now, but Basimilus is still showing up as a paid RE, I have the bundle too but I am expecting it to change soonish. I'll keep this post updated upon any changes

Thanks! I'm really digging these!

NoiseEng
RE Developer

23 Nov 2021

One other thing: to clarify my wording, these are not updates, but rather licenses to new products if you had the old ones since the two will co-exist. You will need to download them as if they are new products. I implied otherwise above. I know a lot of you are already finding them, but that was sloppy on my part, so just wanted to make that a bit better. Apologies. :)
Kris
Noise Engineering
Doer of the Things
Two of Seven

moneykube

23 Nov 2021

MarkTarlton wrote:
23 Nov 2021
Gosh wrote:
23 Nov 2021
In my account it looks like I have Cursus now, but Basimilus is still showing up as a paid RE, I have the bundle too but I am expecting it to change soonish. I'll keep this post updated upon any changes

Thanks! I'm really digging these!
same... Cursus showed up in sync all but not Basimilus...sent ticket to reason studios as advised
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Loque

23 Nov 2021

Keep calm. It can take a while. My last license came just a few minutes ago.
Reason12, Win10

Skullture

23 Nov 2021

I got my copy in the meantime 😁

DJMaytag

23 Nov 2021

I gave it a couple days before checking. I think they are both there now. It’s gotta be a a bit confusing with the terminology, especially those of us coming from the Eurorack world. I thought it seemed clear:

Current Eurorack: [Insert name here] Iteritas
Current 5U: [Insert name here] Magnus
Current plugins/RE’s: [Insert name here] Vereor

I guess not?

WasteLand

24 Nov 2021

thanks!

i have got them!!

when in my studio, gonna mangle my way!
Win 10 Pro. R11 suite + R12. Nektar Panorama p1. Ryzen 9 5900X. Cubase Pro 11, Bitwig Studio 4.4, Reaper 6.68, Ableton Live 11 Suite. RME Hammerfall DSP Multiface.

https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada

https://soundcloud.com/user-873737123

moneykube

24 Nov 2021

Basimilus showed up today... awesome... thank you NE and Reason Studios
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

BRIGGS

24 Nov 2021

r11s

OverneathTheSkyBridg

25 Nov 2021

Just got the bundle as well as the free ones! Thanks Noise Engineering! Looking forward to making some bangers with these.

aeox
Competition Winner

26 Nov 2021

So good

Neo

26 Nov 2021

NoiseEng wrote:
23 Nov 2021
One other thing: to clarify my wording, these are not updates, but rather licenses to new products if you had the old ones since the two will co-exist. You will need to download them as if they are new products. I implied otherwise above. I know a lot of you are already finding them, but that was sloppy on my part, so just wanted to make that a bit better. Apologies. :)
Thanks for clarifying..
:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 🡭 R12 | i7 | RME

PhillipOrdonez

26 Nov 2021

Ruina is great. Loving it.

bharris22

30 Nov 2021

I have Basimilus Iteritas Vereor in my account from a previous NE bundle purchase. If I understand everything in this thread correctly, I should receive a new, additional license for the new Basimilus - is that right?

NoiseEng
RE Developer

30 Nov 2021

bharris22 wrote:
30 Nov 2021
I have Basimilus Iteritas Vereor in my account from a previous NE bundle purchase. If I understand everything in this thread correctly, I should receive a new, additional license for the new Basimilus - is that right?
No, BI Vereor is a separate product. Only Basimilus Iteritas (which was in Synth Bundle 1) owners get the new version. However, if you have Synth Bundle 2, you own Cursus Iteritas Vereor, which means you should have gotten a license for Cursus Vereor.
Kris
Noise Engineering
Doer of the Things
Two of Seven

dvdrtldg

30 Nov 2021

NoiseEng wrote:
30 Nov 2021
bharris22 wrote:
30 Nov 2021
No, BI Vereor is a separate product. Only Basimilus Iteritas (which was in Synth Bundle 1) owners get the new version. However, if you have Synth Bundle 2, you own Cursus Iteritas Vereor, which means you should have gotten a license for Cursus Vereor.
:lol:

Gotta say, I'm partly in agreement with whoever said (unnecessarily nastily) that these REs need less esoteric names

Every time I read these discussions, I have to check the shop to see which RE is being talked about. Or even if I want to remind myself which ones I own, like whether I've got Hippogriffalus Vaginismus Spatula or just Hippogriffalus Vaginismus

tiker01

30 Nov 2021

NoiseEng wrote:
30 Nov 2021
bharris22 wrote:
30 Nov 2021
I have Cursus Iteritas Vereor, got it as a beta tester among other of your REs. Still no license for Cursus Vereor or any other new stuff. I am not complaining just letting you know that there might me glitch in the system.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

NoiseEng
RE Developer

30 Nov 2021

dvdrtldg wrote:
30 Nov 2021
NoiseEng wrote:
30 Nov 2021

:lol:

Gotta say, I'm partly in agreement with whoever said (unnecessarily nastily) that these REs need less esoteric names

Every time I read these discussions, I have to check the shop to see which RE is being talked about. Or even if I want to remind myself which ones I own, like whether I've got Hippogriffalus Vaginismus Spatula or just Hippogriffalus Vaginismus
I assure you that our products will never be named after female anatomy. Hippogriffalus is a fantastic name, but would sadly not fit well on a panel. We'll see what we can do about that, though.
Kris
Noise Engineering
Doer of the Things
Two of Seven

NoiseEng
RE Developer

30 Nov 2021

tiker01 wrote:
30 Nov 2021
NoiseEng wrote:
30 Nov 2021

I have Cursus Iteritas Vereor, got it as a beta tester among other of your REs. Still no license for Cursus Vereor or any other new stuff. I am not complaining just letting you know that there might me glitch in the system.
I'm not sure if those licenses that we granted show up differently to the Reason folks, to be honest, but you might check in with them and see if there is an issue. We have no visibility in the process (we can't even see who does or doesn't have licenses already!), but we asked that everyone with the previous versions get them, so there may be a hiccup here.
Kris
Noise Engineering
Doer of the Things
Two of Seven

moalla

30 Nov 2021

:clap: This new black Basimilus is deep 90´s sounding more than everything of software I tried before, amazing work with such a small amount of controls :clap:
https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
Reason12.5, Yamaha EG112, Ibanez PF10, RhythmWolf, Miniak, Ipad+SparkLE
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

• Information