Reasonstudios Black Friday Week

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
challism

22 Nov 2021

Billy+ wrote:
22 Nov 2021
challism wrote:
22 Nov 2021
The message is pretty clear; they aren't going to take away perpetual licenses, but they aren't going to make them attractive by giving any discounts, in an effort to push people into the sub model.
With the changes in EU&UK law over the next few months "January 2022" moving software into the sales of goods legislation and enforcement happening in 2024 you might find the perpetual licensing is not available as more consumers will be able to use the legislation to claim when software is faulty and was purchased with a license but software as s services will continue to be excluded. ;)
Well, that stinks. The sub model would be a sneaky way around that, yeah. Let's hope that doesn't happen. If it does, let's hope they fix most of the bugs in R12 or R13, if that's the perpetual version we are offered last. Who knows what the future holds.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Billy+

22 Nov 2021

challism wrote:
22 Nov 2021
Billy+ wrote:
22 Nov 2021

With the changes in EU&UK law over the next few months "January 2022" moving software into the sales of goods legislation and enforcement happening in 2024 you might find the perpetual licensing is not available as more consumers will be able to use the legislation to claim when software is faulty and was purchased with a license but software as s services will continue to be excluded. ;)
Well, that stinks. The sub model would be a sneaky way around that, yeah. Let's hope that doesn't happen. If it does, let's hope they fix most of the bugs in R12 or R13, if that's the perpetual version we are offered last.
Unfortunately it looks like the easiest solution for software developers to avoid actively fixing software bugs and the one many have been choosing over the last few years, I just hope we get to a point where Reason is running native on M hardware and RRP functions well enough for production use in logic or I will have to switch back to windows and use live :cry:

orthodox
RE Developer

22 Nov 2021

MrFigg wrote:
22 Nov 2021
Saddest thing for me is that I've actually stopped caring.
What's sad? I have never cared about or I should rather say minded their pricing policies, and I feel fine. It's totally their business, which I cannot influence.

Pepin

22 Nov 2021

Billy+ wrote:
22 Nov 2021
I don't know much about the legislation, but this link says:
For content or services supplied in a continuous manner over a period (such as a time-limited cloud storage contract or indefinite social media platform membership) your rights will be further enhanced – you will have the right to receive updates and to report defective content and services for the whole duration of the contract.
So maybe subscriptions aren't a loophole?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Nov 2021

orthodox wrote:
22 Nov 2021
MrFigg wrote:
22 Nov 2021
Saddest thing for me is that I've actually stopped caring.
What's sad? I have never cared about or I should rather say minded their pricing policies, and I feel fine. It's totally their business, which I cannot influence.
Great for you. Really.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Billy+

22 Nov 2021

Pepin wrote:
22 Nov 2021
Billy+ wrote:
22 Nov 2021
I don't know much about the legislation, but this link says:
For content or services supplied in a continuous manner over a period (such as a time-limited cloud storage contract or indefinite social media platform membership) your rights will be further enhanced – you will have the right to receive updates and to report defective content and services for the whole duration of the contract.
So maybe subscriptions aren't a loophole?
Yeah I'm not a lawyer and I'm fully hoping that it doesn't stop perpetual licensing and just encourages developers to fix bugs but unfortunately the world doesn't work the way you want it to especially when money is involved.

Either way I'm keeping my cash in my pocket this Black Friday especially where software is concerned, normally I would have spent a few hundred bucks by this point plus the cost of upgrading however I've spent nothing and can honestly say it feels good.

Pepin

22 Nov 2021

orthodox wrote:
22 Nov 2021
Other people do mind the new pricing model. If they've grown to depend on the software, that might make them sad. Is empathy so hard?

zoidkirb

22 Nov 2021

https://promo.reasonstudios.com/black-friday-week

Looking at that comparison table made me laugh....R+ 'comes with 8 utility devices (plus all future releases)'
Are we to believe that maybe RS might be about to usher in some golden age renaissance of utility devices?

Pepin

22 Nov 2021

zoidkirb wrote:
22 Nov 2021
https://promo.reasonstudios.com/black-friday-week

Looking at that comparison table made me laugh....R+ 'comes with 8 utility devices (plus all future releases)'
Are we to believe that maybe RS might be about to usher in some golden age renaissance of utility devices?
Technically Combi2 is the first new utility device in years--so maybe? :mrgreen:

orthodox
RE Developer

22 Nov 2021

Pepin wrote:
22 Nov 2021
orthodox wrote:
22 Nov 2021
Other people do mind the new pricing model. If they've grown to depend on the software, that might make them sad. Is empathy so hard?
Expressing empathy would be not constructive. I'm just suggesting the way out of the hapless state of mind.

ravasb

22 Nov 2021

I am subscriber, though not very happy at the moment. I am not sure why Reason sent me an email telling me that I cannot get their Black Friday deal. It did not make me happier with them.

I emailed support about this. They said that they would pass it on. I am not sure whether to hold my breath.
Last edited by ravasb on 23 Nov 2021, edited 1 time in total.

scotward57

22 Nov 2021

Oh the arrogance. Why does RS Inc. still insist on pushing R+ like this when it's clear as day that the VAST majority of their customer base DO NOT want this and it is NOT winning over new legions of new customers. I wish they would stop LYING about their great sales. It's such bullshat!! You'd have to be real moron to buy any of that garbage.

Please RS Inc, kick out the venture capitalists who took over your company and go back to what made you great to begin with. Stop trying to be Splice. That's not you!!

Faastwalker

22 Nov 2021

ravasb wrote:
22 Nov 2021
I am subscriber, though not very happy at the moment. I am not sure why Reason sent me an email telling me that I cannot get their Black Friday deal. It did not make me happier with them.
I didn't get that one. Was wondering if I could get my next year at the discount price. I guess not! So, no win for existing subscribes or perpetual license holders. As ever, it's ALL about bringing in the new ones :clap:

m.arthur

22 Nov 2021

Dang, I really wanted Pattern Mutator for half off. Any previous year that would have been a sure thing. Now, we get nothing on black friday. WTF....

rcbuse
RE Developer

22 Nov 2021

NoSir.gif
NoSir.gif (485.55 KiB) Viewed 5665 times

orthodox
RE Developer

22 Nov 2021

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 Nov 2021

orthodox wrote:
22 Nov 2021
Pepin wrote:
22 Nov 2021

Expressing empathy would be not constructive. I'm just suggesting the way out of the hapless state of mind.
Hej Orthodox :). You took me too literally. I’m pretty sure that’s happened before and I’m guessing that it may possibly be because of differences in language. I’m not sad and Im not in a “hapless state of mind.” It was more a comment about the way RS seems to be going in general and that I’ve stopped caring and it's a shame that it’s gotten to that stage. Thanks for the thought though. :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

DaveyG

23 Nov 2021

Faastwalker wrote:
22 Nov 2021
ravasb wrote:
22 Nov 2021
I didn't get that one. Was wondering if I could get my next year at the discount price. I guess not! So, no win for existing subscribes or perpetual license holders. As ever, it's ALL about bringing in the new ones :clap:
James has commented on this somewhere on this forum. The gist is that the RS system doesn't currently support extending subscriptions in this way but they are hoping to implement it in the future.

Faastwalker

23 Nov 2021

DaveyG wrote:
23 Nov 2021
Faastwalker wrote:
22 Nov 2021

James has commented on this somewhere on this forum. The gist is that the RS system doesn't currently support extending subscriptions in this way but they are hoping to implement it in the future.
My R+ renewal is not due until March 22. So, would have saved a bit but I've got around 4 months left anyway. And I got R+ for 50% off (I was a reluctant, skeptical convert!) when it launched.
Last edited by Faastwalker on 23 Nov 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Michaellos

23 Nov 2021

So, there are no discounts for the upgrade and full Reason version. They are promoting subscription model all the time, and they are doing this very importunately. And again, I've got a feeling that they are fading out perpetual licenses, and it's only a matter of time when they will be abandoned

Jaybignoise

23 Nov 2021

Hello, I've been watching for a while almost silently what's going on here around our favorite DAW (but for how long?)

As far as I'm concerned this subscription policy is counterproductive for old users. Owning Reason 11 Suite, I have no interest in Reason +. Even though I was a new user, paying for something as a subscription so that I ended up owning nothing and not being able to use the projects after the subscription was finished is something that is not conceivable.

This kind of formula can be of interest to professionals, for whom a subscription of 20 € per month comes in almost marginal operating costs. Not for an individual who makes music at the amateur level or simply out of passion. And this passion at Reason Studio, I've been trying to feel it for a while.

I pass on the disappointments of Reason 12, of which all the unfinished and still awaited aspects have already been addressed in this forum from all angles and that the arrival of the excellent Combinator V2 is not enough to counterbalance. Mimic will you tell me? It arrives too late, it is only a duplicate because many of us have already equipped a sampler at another publisher. Finally, an insignificant, poorly designed loyalty program which puts the client at a huge disadvantage.

Should I add a layer concerning the shameful increase of the perpetual license for a buggy and disappointing product? As well as the price of the update which anticipates the 20 years of inflation to come?

And Reason Studio really still thinks they're doing a great job?

What joke...

Happy poor Black Friday RS ...
:reason: My path that led me here : Reason 2.5, Reason 5, Reason 11 Suite, Reason 12 :refill: Too huge to list here

EnochLight

23 Nov 2021

Jaybignoise wrote:
23 Nov 2021
Hello, I've been watching for a while almost silently what's going on here around our favorite DAW (but for how long?)
Welcome back to the forums. Please take a moment to review the forum rules since you're "new". ;)

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7500911
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Reminiscence

23 Nov 2021

Was hoping to use my Rewards points also, but it aint going to happen with no discounts on top... :(

Social Exodus

23 Nov 2021

scotward57 wrote:
22 Nov 2021
Oh the arrogance. Why does RS Inc. still insist on pushing R+ like this when it's clear as day that the VAST majority of their customer base DO NOT want this and it is NOT winning over new legions of new customers. I wish they would stop LYING about their great sales. It's such bullshat!! You'd have to be real moron to buy any of that garbage.

Please RS Inc, kick out the venture capitalists who took over your company and go back to what made you great to begin with. Stop trying to be Splice. That's not you!!
It's not that I don't agree with you in principal, because I do. But without access to sales figures this statement is unverifiable at best.

Don't underestimate the general public. There are plenty of morons out there, and besides that the younger generations seem to not mind the subscription model as much as we might (I assume the 57 in your user name reflects your birth year? Mine is 1959 lol). In any event, RS is clearly betting the farm on Reason+ so we'll either adapt to that or move on. But since the sub model is becoming somewhat ubiquitous these days, I'd say it will be even more so than the notion it's unsustainable. Obviously, SOMEONE is making money this way.
:reason: 11 Suite/12 Perpetual License :re: Too many to count :refill: A few choice items

Nektar Panorama P4
Korg padKontrol

Tiny Montgomery

23 Nov 2021

Reminiscence wrote:
23 Nov 2021
Was hoping to use my Rewards points also, but it aint going to happen with no discounts on top... :(
Anything that is in the Rewards shop that goes on sale gets removed from the Rewards shop for the duration of the sale I believe.

• Information