Reasonstudios Black Friday Week

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Carrick

22 Nov 2021

Fyi

This year's black friday week is now live with a 50% on Reason+

Those of us with perpetual licenses (or those interested in getting one) apparently have to wait until next year's may madness, maybe then somebody remembers we still do exist.

As a side note, for me the wait will be easy since vst3 got pushed back, still it would have been a good sign if the whole userbase was included in this week's deal.

BumCuddle

22 Nov 2021

Have no interest in R+ and it seems the pattern mutator is not on sale so I need nothing this year.
I do find it infuriating that when you go to the website you have to scroll down through all the Reason+ spam to get to the shop link, click it....only to be confronted with more R+ spam in your face :thumbdown:

Arrant
Competition Winner

22 Nov 2021

This offer is of no interest to me, but it's a good deal for new subscribers.

I must say I find subscription discounts slightly harder to stomach than outright purchases.

The question arises for existing subscribers, can you buy a subscription now on a discount and add it to the end of your existing subscription for example? Or is it just a kick in the teeth for being too loyal/eager/stupid to wait for a discount, knowing that you are now paying more per month than the next person?
Last edited by Arrant on 22 Nov 2021, edited 1 time in total.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Nov 2021

I guessing there'll be stuff added as the week goes on and the RS stuff will get added on Friday.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

thyme12

22 Nov 2021

Waves3moffer still works for 3 months of reason plus
1 dollar for 3 months

But I'm not interested in that
Behringers daw release must be close then we won't even want reason probably

BumCuddle

22 Nov 2021

Arrant wrote:
22 Nov 2021
The question arises for existing subscribers, can you buy a subscription now on a discount and add it to the end of your existing subscription for example?
I had this exact situation with Adobe last year, couldn't purchase the discount because I already had a subscription so they gave me 3 months free to cover the difference which was good of them I guess, not sure if they can set this up at RS central?

nickb523
RE Developer

22 Nov 2021

MrFigg wrote:
22 Nov 2021
I guessing there'll be stuff added as the week goes on and the RS stuff will get added on Friday.
AFAIK RS RE's are not included in the Black Friday sale this year so it's looking pretty muted when compared to previous years.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Nov 2021

nickb523 wrote:
22 Nov 2021
MrFigg wrote:
22 Nov 2021
AFAIK RS RE's are not included in the Black Friday sale this year so it's looking pretty muted when compared to previous years.
Thanks for the info, surprising as it is.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

guitfnky

22 Nov 2021

kinda weird…they give us a fancy-ish new combinator in the new version, but for the first time in a long time it seems like there may be no BF Shop sale to buy new devices to use with it. 🤔
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Tinnitus

22 Nov 2021

guitfnky wrote:
22 Nov 2021
kinda weird…they give us a fancy-ish new combinator in the new version, but for the first time in a long time it seems like there may be no BF Shop sale to buy new devices to use with it. 🤔
Agreed but looking outside the Reason eco system and there are some really great priced deals for VSTs, I've already blown my ...err... budget for this year.

Loque

22 Nov 2021

Meehhh, that prominent Reason+ promo is anoying...

Nevertheless, there are a few interesting deals in the shop, if you do not have those things:
* Forgotton Waveshaper 2 is a steal
* The Animus is a good deal
* Nostromo (just which the C&P menu would come back and there would be a smoothing added when modulating from last to first spectrum)
* PSQ
* Chenille Chorus
* Fritz(!)
Reason12, Win10

huggermugger

22 Nov 2021

BumCuddle wrote:
22 Nov 2021
Have no interest in R+ and it seems the pattern mutator is not on sale so I need nothing this year.
I do find it infuriating that when you go to the website you have to scroll down through all the Reason+ spam to get to the shop link, click it....only to be confronted with more R+ spam in your face :thumbdown:
There's a Shop link at the top...
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-11-22 at 8.41.53 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-11-22 at 8.41.53 AM.png (178.5 KiB) Viewed 9219 times

Loque

22 Nov 2021

huggermugger wrote:
22 Nov 2021
BumCuddle wrote:
22 Nov 2021
I thought its telling me that everything is safe 🔒
Reason12, Win10

huggermugger

22 Nov 2021

Loque wrote:
22 Nov 2021

I thought its telling me that everything is safe 🔒
Attachments
Unknown.jpeg
Unknown.jpeg (7.38 KiB) Viewed 9200 times

earwig83

22 Nov 2021

huggermugger wrote:
22 Nov 2021
BumCuddle wrote:
22 Nov 2021
IMO a terrible UI choice. Nobody clicks un unmarked cart/bag/etc icon thinking it will take them to a store. It is universally understood as a quick "get to cart" button. Clearly should be the word "shop" in that gap between the cart icon and the other menu words. They are being difficult on purpose as they don't want to encourage further RE growth for some weird reason.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Nov 2021

Was waiting before using my Rewards Points just to see what would happen with RS REs on BF. Now I know. Nothing. Time to get rid of them now. Friktion.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Aquila

22 Nov 2021

Billy+

22 Nov 2021

challism

22 Nov 2021

huggermugger wrote:
22 Nov 2021
BumCuddle wrote:
22 Nov 2021
Yeah, they finally added that link. Easy to miss it, though. But how hard is it to add for letters to the menu? Perhaps SHOP is a four-letter word to them? I suspect that in the near future, you might need a TOR browser to find the shop..... shop.reasonstudios.onion

It's a shame they aren't really offering any REs in their very own BF sale. Just a discount on the R+ sub. This is the first time since BF sales began that they haven't offered any great deals on their own products. I think we will see more of the same in the MM sale. Sad times, if you ask me. The message is pretty clear; they aren't going to take away perpetual licenses, but they aren't going to make them attractive by giving any discounts, in an effort to push people into the sub model.

The R+ sale price is a good deal if you are into that sort of thing/don't own any RS REs. Nothing for the rest of us, though, which is disappointing.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Nov 2021

Saddest thing for me is that I've actually stopped caring.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

hamsterfactor

22 Nov 2021

ditto :!:
BumCuddle wrote:
22 Nov 2021
:reason: Suite 11  |  :reason: 12 perpetual license  |  :re::refill: |  macOS Ventura  |  Mac Studio M1 Max

Aquila

22 Nov 2021

MrFigg wrote:
22 Nov 2021
Saddest thing for me is that I've actually stopped caring.
I can't help but realise I'm in the same boat.

WTF are RS doing?

ArcoZ

22 Nov 2021

Reason Studios investor said these plain words:
I want everybody in the world use Reason + subscription plan like Adobe does.
Too bad, these greedy suckers don't understand they don't have any monopoly over music production. That's why they doing such lame moves like BF R+ sale.

jam-s

22 Nov 2021

I've made up my mind to get R12 after the grace period to R13 is announced and if it goes on sale then. (Hopefully by then the bugs will be ironed out and the features ready for production.)

Billy+

22 Nov 2021

challism wrote:
22 Nov 2021
The message is pretty clear; they aren't going to take away perpetual licenses, but they aren't going to make them attractive by giving any discounts, in an effort to push people into the sub model.
With the changes in EU&UK law over the next few months "January 2022" moving software into the sales of goods legislation and enforcement happening in 2024 you might find the perpetual licensing is not available as more consumers will be able to use the legislation to claim when software is faulty and was purchased with a license but software as s services will continue to be excluded. ;)

• Information