(Post-Industrial) Douras Nim - DTHX45

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Data_Shrine

20 Nov 2021

Hello,

A few weeks ago we released a new album, Douras Nim ' DTHX45. It was recorded in Reason so I thought it would fit in here. A mix of hardware synths & gear, including a repaired mixer from the 70's (which has an integrated spring reverb) & Reason effects where used in the making.

It's basically a collection of jams, recorded in real-time, and later fine tuned with added layers in Reason.

The music is a mix of dystopian electronics & post-industrial. We also made a limited run of 10 tapes with a special bonus track (which is actually 2 hardware synths driven by PSQ-1684 :re: , with pads made with Antidote). Just so there is also a physical presence of the album. Thanks for checking it out !

Streaming links -> https://album.link/i/1588244004
Bandcamp -> https://mutefakemusic.bandcamp.com/album/dthx45

Bloma

20 Nov 2021

This is pretty sick. What synths did you use, and other hardware gear?

I really like Nasty Cathedral Synth Fest, 2037, お休み, and Smog... Smog is very strange. Not so much into Decay and Dual Arp. Some really cool sounds on Station M...

Data_Shrine

21 Nov 2021

Bloma wrote:
20 Nov 2021

I really like Nasty Cathedral Synth Fest, 2037, お休み, and Smog... Smog is very strange. Not so much into Decay and Dual Arp. Some really cool sounds on Station M...
On top of my head : Yamaha DX7, Roland SH-01a, Microbrute, Korg ES-1, the mixer is a Yamaha (with 2 EQ & the real spring reverb tank), a Roland SDE-2500 rack delay unit, Memory Boy & Cathedral reverb pedals.

On the Reason side, the SSL mixer & it's features including noise gates, EQ, compressor, etc. Also Antidode as mentioned, PSQ-1684, Grain, RV7000 MKII & the TAL Reverb (VST) as additional reverb, and maybe a few other things like a Phaser. The final mixdowns were recorded to Type II cassette tape before the mastering stage.

I really like Smog too.. might turn out to be one of my favorite. :puf_smile: :thumbs_up:

Bloma

21 Nov 2021

Data_Shrine wrote:
21 Nov 2021
Bloma wrote:
20 Nov 2021

On top of my head : Yamaha DX7, Roland SH-01a, Microbrute, Korg ES-1, the mixer is a Yamaha (with 2 EQ & the real spring reverb tank), a Roland SDE-2500 rack delay unit, Memory Boy & Cathedral reverb pedals.

On the Reason side, the SSL mixer & it's features including noise gates, EQ, compressor, etc. Also Antidode as mentioned, PSQ-1684, Grain, RV7000 MKII & the TAL Reverb (VST) as additional reverb, and maybe a few other things like a Phaser. The final mixdowns were recorded to Type II cassette tape before the mastering stage.

I really like Smog too.. might turn out to be one of my favorite. :puf_smile: :thumbs_up:
Some nice gear in there! How's the Roland SH-01a? I kinda regret not getting one when they were new.

Data_Shrine

22 Nov 2021

It's pretty cool, but as a very basic synth (at first look), it took me awhile to understand it's greatness (no part in thanks to the weak manual). It pretty much always sounds good, and the sequencer is powerful.

aeox
Competition Winner

06 Dec 2021

Not sure how I missed this..

Incredible!

Data_Shrine

01 Jan 2022

aeox wrote:
06 Dec 2021
Not sure how I missed this..

Incredible!
Thank you ! :thumbup: