SADIST Saturation & Distortion device in the shop!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

21 Nov 2021

ekss wrote:
21 Nov 2021
geronimo wrote:
21 Nov 2021

I confirm for the DIRT module ...
Thanks for reporting, will look into this Monday morning!
Dusan Cani > did you experience this in other modules?
I’m pretty sure I thought that too in the beginning but on reflection and further testing I think that it’s just because it’s very subtle.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

ekss
RE Developer

21 Nov 2021

moofi wrote:
20 Nov 2021
I wouldn´t really mind using a combinator if it was merely about setting one up even though it is naturally easier to just plug a cable in.
Thing with the combinator modulation is we merely got 8 CV- ins so far. These can easily be already in use or needed elsewhere if you incorporate several devices.
The additional control-ins (just 4 anyway) only count that much because they translate the incoming CV into stepped curves using 0-127 values.
Hence I aswell support CV-ins for as many parameters possible where there is enough space like it is within the saturation and especially the comp section.
dusan.cani wrote:
20 Nov 2021
It would be also very useful to have CV ins for "gain" and "freq" (each band) of "PSE315" module. Creative effects could be obtained by modulating those parameters. Achieving it through combinator is cumbersome.
Cv ins has to be static since they cannot change in amount and placement when switching modules. For this specific task I’d recommend the combinator. :)

ekss
RE Developer

21 Nov 2021

MrFigg wrote:
21 Nov 2021
ekss wrote:
21 Nov 2021

Thanks for reporting, will look into this Monday morning!
I’m pretty sure I thought that too in the beginning but on reflection and further testing I think that it’s just because it’s very subtle.
Indeed its pretty subtle, so might just not be as obvious as on the other modules :)

geronimo

21 Nov 2021

All saturation module are working fine for the Tone parameter; a slight doubt for the Diode module _

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

21 Nov 2021

This is a "must buy"!
Absolutely in love with this, great work. :D

dusan.cani

21 Nov 2021

ekss wrote:
21 Nov 2021

I've checked it and only the first two DRIVE modules doesn't respond to CV input for Tone parameter: "OD1" and "Fuzz". All other modules work as expected.

ekss
RE Developer

21 Nov 2021

dusan.cani wrote:
21 Nov 2021
ekss wrote:
21 Nov 2021

I've checked it and only the first two DRIVE modules doesn't respond to CV input for Tone parameter: "OD1" and "Fuzz". All other modules work as expected.
Will check this first thing tomorrow :)

dusan.cani

21 Nov 2021

ekss wrote:
21 Nov 2021
MrFigg wrote:
21 Nov 2021

Indeed its pretty subtle, so might just not be as obvious as on the other modules :)
I've achieved very dramatic changes by modulating the "Tone" parameter. :thumbup:
It's very useful and creative. It's possible to get various effects like PWM, Cutoff modulation, Tremolo, etc. and anything between.

dusan.cani

21 Nov 2021

Here is a simple setup / example how to achieve PWM effect by "4536 Diode" module with "Tone" CV in modulation.

Play with PWM Amount and Rate. I like the results :thumbup: .

PWM.PNG
PWM.PNG (48.46 KiB) Viewed 1893 times

dev-processed-PWM.zip
(4.02 KiB) Downloaded 77 times

moofi

21 Nov 2021

Aaah, I see, thank you. :-)
ekss wrote:
21 Nov 2021
moofi wrote:
20 Nov 2021
I wouldn´t really mind using a combinator if it was merely about setting one up even though it is naturally easier to just plug a cable in.
Thing with the combinator modulation is we merely got 8 CV- ins so far. These can easily be already in use or needed elsewhere if you incorporate several devices.
The additional control-ins (just 4 anyway) only count that much because they translate the incoming CV into stepped curves using 0-127 values.
Hence I aswell support CV-ins for as many parameters possible where there is enough space like it is within the saturation and especially the comp section.

Cv ins has to be static since they cannot change in amount and placement when switching modules. For this specific task I’d recommend the combinator. :)

ekss
RE Developer

23 Nov 2021

dusan.cani wrote:
21 Nov 2021
ekss wrote:
21 Nov 2021

I can confirm that OD1 Tone and Fuzz Tone CV In connections were broken, it was a small and late change in the code that broke them, after those had been tested to work. I've corrected the error and am testing the new build just now. If all is ok I'll submit 1.0.1 for acceptance testing later today. Hopefully it can be available for download later this week, depending on the workload over at RS headquarters.

dusan.cani

23 Nov 2021

ekss wrote:
21 Nov 2021
dusan.cani wrote:
20 Nov 2021

Momentary bypass is cool idea, but it should be automatable to allow performance recording.
Automation for temp bypass could be arranged, I didn’t include it since you have automation of module selection, and automating can create unwanted clicks and pops when modules are activated/deactivated. But if more people are asking for it I’ll definitly take this in consideration for an update :)
Do you mean that automation itself could induce some unwanted clicks ? Because I repeatedly had a fun with temp bypass and I didn't experience any unwanted clicks so far. It works smooth in "live" mode :thumbup:

It would be very cool to have the Bypass Toggle via the module name (as it is right now), but available in two modes:

- Momentary (temp), for using creative effects within live performance (recordable with automation)
- Permanent, for sound design process where one needs to compare the sound by bypassing various modules while maintaining their appearance it the chain.

A small switch somewhere on the device would allow to select the bypass mode.

ekss
RE Developer

23 Nov 2021

dusan.cani wrote:
23 Nov 2021
ekss wrote:
21 Nov 2021

Automation for temp bypass could be arranged, I didn’t include it since you have automation of module selection, and automating can create unwanted clicks and pops when modules are activated/deactivated. But if more people are asking for it I’ll definitly take this in consideration for an update :)
Do you mean that automation itself could induce some unwanted clicks ? Because I repeatedly had a fun with temp bypass and I didn't experience any unwanted clicks so far. It works smooth in "live" mode :thumbup:

It would be very cool to have the Bypass Toggle via the module name (as it is right now), but available in two modes:

- Momentary (temp), for using creative effects within live performance (recordable with automation)
- Permanent, for sound design process where one needs to compare the sound by bypassing various modules while maintaining their appearance it the chain.

A small switch somewhere on the device would allow to select the bypass mode.
Clicks and sudden volume changes can occur when switching between different modules (different functions activating/deactivating ”under the hood”)

I just realized another reason I left it out.. I first had it as a toggle on/off bypass and found that it caused some conflicts when one module is bypassed and then another is selected by the dropdown arrow. It would require significant changes to the code and perhaps still not work as intended :)
Also toggle bypass can be achieved with the drop down. To record that live you can map the two states you want to switch between (bypass/module) to a button on a combinator.

Bumbum

13 May 2022

does this work with reason v10?

ekss
RE Developer

13 May 2022

Bumbum wrote:
13 May 2022
It should work, but I can check for sure tomorrow, or maybe somebody in the forum already knows for sure?

Bumbum

14 May 2022

ekss wrote:
13 May 2022
Bumbum wrote:
13 May 2022
It should work, but I can check for sure tomorrow, or maybe somebody in the forum already knows for sure?
thanks for quick reply, i will wait for the final verification

dusan.cani

14 May 2022

Yes, it works in R10.

ekss
RE Developer

14 May 2022

dusan.cani wrote:
14 May 2022
Yes, it works in R10.
Great, I just tested in 10.4d4 and can also confirm it works!

Bumbum

14 May 2022

thank you dusan and great dev ekss!

Steedus
Competition Winner

17 May 2022

Geez I hate 1 off timed trials.. Tried this when it came out but something didn't click or my mood was off and it wasn't doing it for me at the time. Would give it another shot now but no dice says RS, 'you've had your trial for this lifetime'.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

17 May 2022

Steedus wrote:
17 May 2022
Geez I hate 1 off timed trials.. Tried this when it came out but something didn't click or my mood was off and it wasn't doing it for me at the time. Would give it another shot now but no dice says RS, 'you've had your trial for this lifetime'.
Just get it :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Steedus
Competition Winner

18 May 2022

MrFigg wrote:
17 May 2022
Steedus wrote:
17 May 2022
damn it Fig .. bought :oops:

but ooph exchange rate wasn't kind (almost $90 Aussie dollars)

also picked up Filter Chain so I'm having a Ekss fest this weekend..

MrFigg
Competition Winner

18 May 2022

Steedus wrote:
18 May 2022
MrFigg wrote:
17 May 2022

Filter chain is great too. Check out Ouroboros and Industrializer so you know what you’re buying in the next sale :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

moofi

18 May 2022

Filter Chain is brilliant. Favourites in order from left to right. Pitchshifter, StateVariable Filter, Echo, Reverb. The filters to the left are fine aswell, the other devices are simply better I find.
Sadist offers a great variety of good sounding possibilities. Especially like the compressor section, though there´s a lot to discover elsewhere aswell.
Check out the phaser e.g., quite pleasant. I´m liking you can manually set and also CV-Control the speed. First time I´ve seen this option on a phaser.
There are so many distortion-like effects in it. Make sure to check different distortions on different materials because where some work great others work less and vice versa.
Steedus wrote:
18 May 2022
MrFigg wrote:
17 May 2022

MrFigg
Competition Winner

18 May 2022

Actually, the Ekss double phaser RE is the best plugin phaser I’ve ever used. Full and round and pleasant sounds.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information