Let us change Shortcuts / Hotkeys

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
privatehuff

03 Oct 2020

I still can't believe there is no way to configure hotkeys. Reason has simultaneously chosen hotkeys which are completely different from other popular apps and denied us a way to change them. It makes going back and forth difficult and always makes Reason feel like a foreign experience. Reaper and even the Adobe suite provide ways to change hotkeys and even export/import those configs so you can keep multiple machines synced.

There is no excuse why this cannot be done. It should not be a huge effort from a development perspective. And. the defaults would remain as they are today, so everyone who likes them now would still be happy, but for people who want to change them, the user experience would be much improved!

lrey

03 Oct 2020

I agree. I believe StudioOne allows this as well. Reason Studios are behind when it comes to DAW features.

Creativemind

11 Oct 2020

Yeah +1 for this. "Macros" I think they're called. I would love to be able to choose just Q for quantize instead of the strange ctrl k. Presumably that shortcut was chosen because quantize in Swedish is spelt with a K apparently.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

mjxl

21 Nov 2021

Bit old, but I don't want to create another thread.

Mac users are a bit more lucky than us (me at least) Windows users.
There's an app to set any shortcut/hotkey I believe.

Anyways, I've added a couple of macro's in Logitech GHub, but this is far from ideal.
So, imo this deserves a big fat +1

Continueing a bit off-track, MS PowerTools also allows us Windows plebs to rebind any key to any other key, and also rebind shortcuts.
Still, if there's not a shortcut to begin with, that won't help either.

crimsonwarlock

21 Nov 2021

mjxl wrote:
21 Nov 2021
Still, if there's not a shortcut to begin with, that won't help either.
Maybe something like AutoHotKey can help with that.

https://www.autohotkey.com
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

huggermugger

21 Nov 2021

mjxl wrote:
21 Nov 2021
Mac users are a bit more lucky than us (me at least) Windows users.
There's an app to set any shortcut/hotkey I believe.
OSX has a built-in keyboard shortcut utility. You can assign a custom shortcut to any item that resides in a menu. Somewhat limiting in Reason, which actually doesn't have that much going on in the main menus. But I've got a few useful ones that I use a lot, including Disconnect and Reset Devices.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-11-21 at 7.07.00 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-11-21 at 7.07.00 AM.png (76.85 KiB) Viewed 779 times

huggermugger

21 Nov 2021

Logic is a monster for custom key commands. There are hundreds of functions, many of which you don't even know about until you go looking.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-11-21 at 7.10.33 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-11-21 at 7.10.33 AM.png (265.39 KiB) Viewed 778 times

mjxl

23 Nov 2021

crimsonwarlock wrote:
21 Nov 2021
Maybe something like AutoHotKey can help with that.
It can, I know of it's existence :thumbup: , but I prefer just using Logitech's GHub though,

I've got a macro for "Save Remote Info" (to get the .txt with all remotable items, so they can be added to remotemaps).
LogiSaveRemote.png
LogiSaveRemote.png (4.32 KiB) Viewed 752 times

• Information