Complex-1 "CV Section" as Separate Device

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
deeplink
Competition Winner

13 Oct 2021

Hi RT

Although Complex-1 is a separate (or R+) device, I think it would be awesome if we had that lower CV section as a utility device available to all.

It actually really bums me out that Reason Studios hasn't ever addressed the lack of new/updated Utility devices (besides the recent Combinator).
Routing cables and manipulating audio and CV connections - I think - is the prime feature of Reason. Yet Reason has provided very little in this regard, and instead we have to rely on 3rd party RE's.

Making CV note quantizes, pitch-tracking and some additional Functions - taken from Complex-1 - to be made available to all users would be an easy and awesome addition.

Updated Spiders, and update Matrix would be great enhancements too.

I know RS's aim is to make music making more fun and streamlined, but I think the majority of us also really enjoy the modular and CV aspect of Reason.
Attachments
Complex CV.PNG
Complex CV.PNG (308.34 KiB) Viewed 925 times
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

jam-s

13 Oct 2021

As there are a plenty 3rd party CV tools in the RE shop and the almighty Thor as well, I highly doubt RS will spend time or resources on developing more CV utilities. Also you can of course use the CV section of Complex-1 for your CV needs, so there's no point in having it as a separate device.

rorystorm

13 Oct 2021

+1 to this for me, if it means less cpu usage

deeplink
Competition Winner

13 Oct 2021

jam-s wrote:
13 Oct 2021
As there are a plenty 3rd party CV tools in the RE shop and the almighty Thor as well, I highly doubt RS will spend time or resources on developing more CV utilities. Also you can of course use the CV section of Complex-1 for your CV needs, so there's no point in having it as a separate device.
I still think there is a point though, Thors CV manipulation capabilities are limited compared to Complex-1.

And I'm looking for RS to complete their offering and support some one of their key/unique features.

I used Complex as an example though, because they have it there already - they could even take some pointers from the 3rd Party REs
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

Loque

13 Oct 2021

Complex-1 works in parts of this "module" with audio signals too. I whish RS would give up CV and only use audio signals, even if it would have an impact on performance. I never understood, whiý a few devs didnt used audio inputs instead of CV inputs. Only a few devices have both, like VK-2.
Reason12, Win10

mjxl

21 Nov 2021

Yeah, I also like this idea. It's just that ehh, where does it end? (Complex1 is insane, tried routing everything through it already lol)

I would also like to have a 2U/3U device, which just has Europa/Grain's envelope editors.. With a ton of CV in/outputs preferably ;)

huggermugger

21 Nov 2021

Delta is the best all-in-one CV processor I know of. Definitely worth having if you're interested in CV and Gate manipulation. Maybe Props should buy it from the Developer and add it to the stock devices.

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... -computer/
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-11-21 at 7.18.43 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-11-21 at 7.18.43 AM.png (215.02 KiB) Viewed 742 times

Creativemind

23 Nov 2021

jam-s wrote:
13 Oct 2021
They wouldn't need to make time, it's already coded so not much would need to be added to just make it an individual device surely?
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

jam-s

23 Nov 2021

Don't under estimate the time needed for repackaging existing code into a new device. Also it's not the philosophy of Reason to give you redundant devices, but instead they give you more complex devices that can be used in multiple ways and for multiple purposes and not simply some basic building blocks.

• Information