SADIST Saturation & Distortion device in the shop!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Ottostrom

19 Nov 2021

Shop Page!

"SADIST Saturation/Distortion is a multi effectbox that comes with 20 unique modules arranged in 4 categories: Saturation, Compression, Amp/FX and Drive.
Each category has a CV duty bypass state where the signal Level and Pan can be animated via CV. This makes a total of 1296 different combinations of modules including the bypass mode!

SADIST Saturation/Distortion is great for adding warmth, grit, colorizing and mangling your sounds. With it’s many modules and the compact format with patch saving for your favorite combinations it’s a great addition to the toolbox for your sound design!"

Regular price: €109
Intro price: €54

Ottostrom

19 Nov 2021

I've been looking forward to trying this device since the first sneak peak and I really appreciate the hefty 50% off intro price :-)

Adabler
Competition Winner

19 Nov 2021

Ottostrom wrote:
19 Nov 2021
I've been looking forward to trying this device since the first sneak peak and I really appreciate the hefty 50% off intro price :-)
Same here, and it looks absolutely stunning! Good job, as usual, Ekks!
:reason: 12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

19 Nov 2021

Awesome!
Guitarist votes YES!
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

ekss
RE Developer

19 Nov 2021

Ottostrom wrote:
19 Nov 2021
Hope you like it!
There are a couple of “hidden” features that is only mentioned in the quick guide:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bhx9r2qyqnuzi ... e.pdf?dl=0

Temp-bypass by clicking on module name and module selection on back panel by clicking on module name :)

Djstarski

19 Nov 2021

Great device . just one question . Are the EQ`s parametric or graphic ?

ekss
RE Developer

19 Nov 2021

Djstarski wrote:
19 Nov 2021
PDME615 & PSE315 is parametric, Lo shelf, mid bell and top shelf.

DEQ Drive is a bipolar eq, like a bottom/top shelf combined with a drive circuit. More for adding some crunch and do pretty wide tone adjustments :)

Djstarski

19 Nov 2021

ekss wrote:
19 Nov 2021
Djstarski wrote:
19 Nov 2021
PDME615 & PSE315 is parametric, Lo shelf, mid bell and top shelf.

DEQ Drive is a bipolar eq, like a bottom/top shelf combined with a drive circuit. More for adding some crunch and do pretty wide tone adjustments :)
Thanks for the quick reply .

Ottostrom

19 Nov 2021

I've done some testing now on drums, synths and guitar. The shaping possibilities here are excellent and it's really easy to use :thumbup:
I was concerned that it might be a bit DSP heavy when having four modules active but it's sitting mostly at 3-4% which is good. However, adding either the Vintage or Modern guitar amp doubles this percentage.
Conclusion: I'm getting it!

I already found a use for it in a mix I'm working on and the TE200 Tape Machine module is an instant favorite :)
Last edited by Ottostrom on 19 Nov 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Adabler
Competition Winner

19 Nov 2021

I love that you can automate unit selector:
:reason: 12, Win10

rorystorm

19 Nov 2021

man between this and Ruina my ears will be happily bleeding by the end of the weekend.

ekss
RE Developer

19 Nov 2021

rorystorm wrote:
19 Nov 2021
man between this and Ruina my ears will be happily bleeding by the end of the weekend.
Sounds like you’ll have a pretty great weekend!

Bes
Competition Winner

19 Nov 2021

best RE name candidate
- Certified Reason expert

rorystorm

19 Nov 2021

ekss wrote:
19 Nov 2021
rorystorm wrote:
19 Nov 2021
Sounds like you’ll have a pretty great weekend!
Yeah man, that sine distortion module in particular is tuff af. Nice work!

challism

19 Nov 2021

rorystorm wrote:
19 Nov 2021
happily bleeding
Is this a better song title, album title or artist name?

I've really been looking forward to this release, Erik. Definitely going to give this a try, and most likely buy.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

moofi

20 Nov 2021

Maaaan, there are so many modules to choose from :-D

So far favourites are:

Saturation

4536 Diode

Compressors

TE200 Tape Machine
VCA-745 compressor
TC-1030 compressor

Amps + FX

PDME615 Dual Mono EQ
PSE315 Stereo EQ
Spacestation Phaseshifter

Drive

Fuzz Overdrive
DEQ

Too lazy to write more for now :-D

EDIT: Unless, thank you :-)

rorystorm

20 Nov 2021

challism wrote:
19 Nov 2021
rorystorm wrote:
19 Nov 2021
happily bleeding
Is this a better song title, album title or artist name?

I've really been looking forward to this release, Erik. Definitely going to give this a try, and most likely buy.
Artist - angry anarcho feminist hard-core. Like Spitboy.

geronimo

20 Nov 2021

Long-awaited product and a good complement to the previous Multi-FX OUROBOROS and Filter Chain X8187_

dusan.cani

20 Nov 2021

ekss wrote:
19 Nov 2021
Temp-bypass by clicking on module name and module selection on back panel by clicking on module name :)
Momentary bypass is cool idea, but it should be automatable to allow performance recording. I find it creative to use momentary bypass for various modules within the chain when playing the sounds. I know it's possible to automate module selection and then select "bypass" value, but this is manual approach to achieve it.

However, I really miss permanent bypass button for module. At the various stages of sound design I very often compare the sound by bypassing the various modules (I bypass, then need to click somewhere else). By using the bypass button it would be very easy and comfortable to do it. But without the permanent toggle, it's really uncomfortable because I always need to dial the menu and then remember what module I have previously bypassed. This goes against a good user experience.

dusan.cani

20 Nov 2021

It seems that "tone" CV input for certain Drive modules doesn't work.

dusan.cani

20 Nov 2021

It would be also very useful to have CV ins for "gain" and "freq" (each band) of "PSE315" module. Creative effects could be obtained by modulating those parameters. Achieving it through combinator is cumbersome.

moofi

20 Nov 2021

I wouldn´t really mind using a combinator if it was merely about setting one up even though it is naturally easier to just plug a cable in.
Thing with the combinator modulation is we merely got 8 CV- ins so far. These can easily be already in use or needed elsewhere if you incorporate several devices.
The additional control-ins (just 4 anyway) only count that much because they translate the incoming CV into stepped curves using 0-127 values.
Hence I aswell support CV-ins for as many parameters possible where there is enough space like it is within the saturation and especially the comp section.
dusan.cani wrote:
20 Nov 2021
It would be also very useful to have CV ins for "gain" and "freq" (each band) of "PSE315" module. Creative effects could be obtained by modulating those parameters. Achieving it through combinator is cumbersome.

geronimo

21 Nov 2021

dusan.cani wrote:
20 Nov 2021
I confirm for the DIRT module ...

ekss
RE Developer

21 Nov 2021

dusan.cani wrote:
20 Nov 2021
ekss wrote:
19 Nov 2021
Momentary bypass is cool idea, but it should be automatable to allow performance recording.
Automation for temp bypass could be arranged, I didn’t include it since you have automation of module selection, and automating can create unwanted clicks and pops when modules are activated/deactivated. But if more people are asking for it I’ll definitly take this in consideration for an update :)

ekss
RE Developer

21 Nov 2021

geronimo wrote:
21 Nov 2021
dusan.cani wrote:
20 Nov 2021
I confirm for the DIRT module ...
Thanks for reporting, will look into this Monday morning!
Dusan Cani > did you experience this in other modules?

• Information