Cinematic Aura - ReFill

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
nickb523
RE Developer

19 Nov 2021

New ReFill "Cinematic Aura" is finally out! :)

• 100 Combinator 2 Patches
• 321 Found Sound & Field Recordings
• Includes Aura-7 Combinator 2 Device

For further information or to purchase check out the RS shop - https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/prod ... atic-aura/

Cheers!

Gosh

19 Nov 2021

Love it ... :clap:

Gosh

20 Nov 2021

Hi Nick, on a more serious note I would like to thank you that you haven't abandoned the Refill format. As a big fan of Aura-7 I love this new Refill and hope to see a lot more Refills (may I dare say Rack Extensions) from you in the future.
Cheers

nickb523
RE Developer

20 Nov 2021

Gosh wrote:
20 Nov 2021
Hi Nick, on a more serious note I would like to thank you that you haven't abandoned the Refill format. As a big fan of Aura-7 I love this new Refill and hope to see a lot more Refills (may I dare say Rack Extensions) from you in the future.
Cheers
Cheers for the support Gosh.

ReFills will continue to be developed. Next up is new one for Algoritm but it's a couple of months away yet. I'm also considering doing smaller more regular ReFills that are maybe 50 patches with a unique Combinator device for a lower price. We'll see what happens.

The situation with RE's is a bit more complicated as they have nowhere near the relevance they had before R+. The performance of Black Friday and Xmas sales is going to be the big decision maker for me. The main issue I'm seeing at the moment is that new users coming in at the Reason+ entry point don't appear to be interested in RE's (at least not YET...) and RS themselves have been shifting focus away from selling devices preferring the all inclusive subscription route (for example RS RE's are not included in Black Friday sales this year). Ultimately RE's require more time and money to develop, so if sales are performing similarly to ReFills then it doesn't make sense to continue development of RE's. Again, we'll just have to see what happens! :)

jam-s

20 Nov 2021

nickb523 wrote:
20 Nov 2021
The main issue I'm seeing at the moment is that new users coming in at the Reason+ entry point don't appear to be interested in RE's (at least not YET...) ...
If I read that correctly, R+ only users actually seem to be blocked from buying REs at all.

Gosh

21 Nov 2021

nickb523 wrote:
20 Nov 2021
ReFills will continue to be developed. Next up is new one for Algoritm but it's a couple of months away yet. I'm also considering doing smaller more regular ReFills that are maybe 50 patches with a unique Combinator device for a lower price. We'll see what happens.
That sounds like a great idea and I would certainly be interested in smaller Refills with a dedicated combinator
nickb523 wrote:
20 Nov 2021
The situation with RE's is a bit more complicated as they have nowhere near the relevance they had before R+. The performance of Black Friday and Xmas sales is going to be the big decision maker for me. The main issue I'm seeing at the moment is that new users coming in at the Reason+ entry point don't appear to be interested in RE's (at least not YET...) and RS themselves have been shifting focus away from selling devices preferring the all inclusive subscription route (for example RS RE's are not included in Black Friday sales this year). Ultimately RE's require more time and money to develop, so if sales are performing similarly to ReFills then it doesn't make sense to continue development of RE's. Again, we'll just have to see what happens! :)
Unfortunately, I cannot be of much help here because I already own all your Rack extensions ;) ;)

Whatever you decide, as long it is also availabe for non-subscribers, is fine with me

nickb523
RE Developer

22 Nov 2021

jam-s wrote:
20 Nov 2021
nickb523 wrote:
20 Nov 2021
The main issue I'm seeing at the moment is that new users coming in at the Reason+ entry point don't appear to be interested in RE's (at least not YET...) ...
If I read that correctly, R+ only users actually seem to be blocked from buying REs at all.
They aren't blocked from buying RE's or anything like that. I mean, they can see the shop and purchase RE's if they wanted to. They don't seem to be interested in RE's as they have just purchased a cheap subscription that already offers them a large suite of tools along with anything new from RS as it's released - Additional RE's are not needed, it really is that simple.

Sure, over time some people will want to buy additional "add-on" products but R+ has made RE's much less relevant overall. It's very similar to the effect the introduction of RE's had on ReFills actually.

kitekrazy

04 Dec 2021

Confused about this product. I bought it. I know it's a refill but do I also have to buy the RE?

nickb523
RE Developer

06 Dec 2021

kitekrazy wrote:
04 Dec 2021
Confused about this product. I bought it. I know it's a refill but do I also have to buy the RE?
As stated in the product description you do not need the RE. The ReFill contains a Combinator 2 version of the RE that is built on stock devices. The only requirement is R12 or R+.

The RE has largely been superseded by the ReFill so will either see a complete discontinuation or permanent price drop early next year.

littlejam

07 Dec 2021

hello,

i am interested in getting the 'aura 7' RE
the shop page states that you updated the RE to sdk 4.3
i am still on R10 and windows7

will the RE work on my computer?

cheers and eat well,

j
littlejamaicastudios
i7 2.8ghz / 24GB ddr3 / Quadro 4000 x 2 / ProFire 610
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49
'i get by with a lot of help from my friends'

nickb523
RE Developer

07 Dec 2021

littlejam wrote:
07 Dec 2021
hello,

i am interested in getting the 'aura 7' RE
the shop page states that you updated the RE to sdk 4.3
i am still on R10 and windows7

will the RE work on my computer?

cheers and eat well,

j
Hey littlejam,

All of my RE's should work fine on Reason 10.1 or later. They were originally created with SDK 3.0 so the jump to 4.3 should not present any significant change to end users.

Thanks for the support.

Cheers! :)

littlejam

08 Dec 2021

hello,

just picked up 'aura-7' RE

it'll be cool to make some long ambient tunes with this RE
and just have it playing in the background while cooking or arranging books or doing the dishes

thank you NickBaxter

cheers and eat well,

j
littlejamaicastudios
i7 2.8ghz / 24GB ddr3 / Quadro 4000 x 2 / ProFire 610
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49
'i get by with a lot of help from my friends'

• Information