Ryan I'm waiting for another Algoritm video

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Billy+

19 Nov 2021

So back in February Ryan made the Algorithm tutorial video and said he would be back with more

It's another excellent video as always :clap:

But I want more ;)

DaveyG

19 Nov 2021

Billy+ wrote:
19 Nov 2021
So back in February Ryan made the Algorithm tutorial video and said he would be back with more

It's another excellent video as always :clap:

But I want more ;)
I might be wrong but I think he's still trying to work out what a sampler does. :twisted:

In the meantime there is a fairly new Mimic beatmaking vid on the RS YouTube channel. I didn't watch it because I don't have Mimic.

Billy+

19 Nov 2021

DaveyG wrote:
19 Nov 2021
I might be wrong but I think he's still trying to work out what a sampler does. :twisted:

In the meantime there is a fairly new Mimic beatmaking vid on the RS YouTube channel. I didn't watch it because I don't have Mimic.
I'm fairly sure that he does indeed know what a sampler is and you don't need to have mimic to watch the video ;) it's interesting to see what it can do even if it's not something that I would personally see myself using.

Billy+

19 Nov 2021

What is it with mods and changing thread titles? I get moving it but seriously.....

manisnotabird

19 Nov 2021

I really do miss the "advanced sound design" videos they used to do. Now most of the videos are "introductions to" or "for beginners".

Billy+

19 Nov 2021

manisnotabird wrote:
19 Nov 2021
I really do miss the "advanced sound design" videos they used to do. Now most of the videos are "introductions to" or "for beginners".
Ryan's videos are the best, much better than the current crop of external guests, even though it's good to see a different take on creative usage they never seem to be able to string a sentence together or actually explain what and why.

Obviously Ryan has the experience and years of creating these types of videos but the guest always seemed to be um um um fudging um it... yeah that's it I think..... um yeah :lol:

joeyluck

19 Nov 2021

Billy+ wrote:
19 Nov 2021
What is it with mods and changing thread titles? I get moving it but seriously.....
If you don't follow the rules of no clickbait titles, a mod can just delete it next time?

Why would you think a title of "Ryan I'm waiting" is acceptable and better than one that gives context? Unless the goal is clickbait?

Billy+

19 Nov 2021

joeyluck wrote:
19 Nov 2021
Billy+ wrote:
19 Nov 2021
If you don't follow the rules of no clickbait titles, a mod can just delete it next time?

Why would you think a title of "Ryan I'm waiting" is acceptable and better than one that gives more context? Unless the goal is clickbait?
Well I thought that it might peak interest that way getting other people to at least join in by entering the thread to find out what I was waiting for

Now you could I guess call it click bait but I would suggest more intriguing as I'm not trying to sell you anything.

Also why have I been moved under rack extensions?
The cable video thread was left in general viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7525653
If anything I would have guess tutorial but would definitely prefer general...

But hey you mods do what you think is best although you're going to get the occasional wtf which is fair I believe.

joeyluck

19 Nov 2021

Billy+ wrote:
19 Nov 2021
joeyluck wrote:
19 Nov 2021

Why would you think a title of "Ryan I'm waiting" is acceptable and better than one that gives more context? Unless the goal is clickbait?
Well I thought that it might peak interest that way getting other people to at least join in by entering the thread to find out what I was waiting for
Ok so you get it then lol
Billy+ wrote:
19 Nov 2021

But hey you mods do what you think is best although you're going to get the occasional wtf which is fair I believe.
The cabling video is about Reason. Cables go everywhere in the rack.

Algoritm is a RE.

Billy+

19 Nov 2021

joeyluck wrote:
19 Nov 2021
Billy+ wrote:
19 Nov 2021

Ok so you get it then lol
Billy+ wrote:
19 Nov 2021

The cabling video is about Reason. Cables go everywhere in the rack.

Algoritm is a RE.
I assumed ;)

But still seriously wtf you ruined the punch line :lol:

EnochLight

19 Nov 2021

Billy+ wrote:
19 Nov 2021
I assumed ;)

In all seriousness, the title was clickbait and your thread was posted in the wrong forum. So.. you're welcome? :thumbup:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Billy+

19 Nov 2021

EnochLight wrote:
19 Nov 2021
Billy+ wrote:
19 Nov 2021
I assumed ;)

In all seriousness, the title was clickbait and your thread was posted in the wrong forum. So.. you're welcome? :thumbup:
Thanks for the assistance it's greatly appreciated :D

EnochLight

19 Nov 2021

Billy+ wrote:
19 Nov 2021
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

DaveyG

19 Nov 2021

Hehe. And thus the Mods' egos rolled on.

dioxide

19 Nov 2021

:-)
manisnotabird wrote:
19 Nov 2021
Not a video but the Understanding Thor series was very good.

Billy+

19 Nov 2021

EnochLight wrote:
19 Nov 2021
Billy+ wrote:
19 Nov 2021

Billy+

19 Nov 2021

dioxide wrote:
19 Nov 2021
:-)
manisnotabird wrote:
19 Nov 2021
Not a video but the Understanding Thor series was very good.
There's been plenty for Thor over the years would be nice to see a similar amount for Algorithm.

BRIGGS

19 Nov 2021

r11s

challism

21 Nov 2021

Billy+ wrote:
19 Nov 2021
I can't speak for the others, but I will often times change a thread title to improve the quality of the forum. For instance, I changed a title earlier today because Forgotten Clank has a free RE (limited for Black Friday), but the title just said it's free. I added Black Friday because it improves the post.

Also, your original title in this thread was (as you admitted) clickbait. So no real harm done in helping you straighten that out, right?
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

• Information