Reason 12.2.2 is out...

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
EnochLight

18 Nov 2021

Liimusic wrote:
18 Nov 2021
Hi,

Im getting massive Dropout when im using Mimic on Advanced Stretch Mode.
OS X Big Sur 10.6
Which version of Reason are you on?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

kitekrazy

18 Nov 2021

Heigen5 wrote:
18 Nov 2021
TheMiles wrote:
18 Nov 2021
I have a strange Problem. The automatic update function doesnt work here :/, I get an error message with the advise to dl the reason update from the RS site :/ Unfortunately i cant find the update on the RS site :(

anyone know how to fix or where to dl update ?
Don't know why you get that error, but here's the download on their site at least: https://www.reasonstudios.com/download/reason1222
Unfortunately you have to download the whole program instead of the update.

earwig83

18 Nov 2021

EnochLight wrote:
18 Nov 2021
earwig83 wrote:
18 Nov 2021

Sure I attached both the windows screenshot to show that it is baked into the actual image and the phone photo of the screen. A bit of a moiré effect however because of the monitor pixels.

Just realized: The culprit is that my windows DPI is set to 125% since it seems to show fine when i switch it back to 100% globally. Still means the way Reason implemented splash screen is not done right but windows DPI scaling is known to be dumb.

Also looks like they still haven't addressed the fact that while REs look great now, all VSTs look like tiny crap again. Especially if they don't have built in scaling. But they used to look useable in R11. Means using maschine plugged into reason is still a pain now. Mattias did mention this was being looked at/into.
Cool - thanks for posting those! Yeah, my first question was going to be whether you had Windows scaling turned on - that's known to make things look pretty horrible.
yep, it suddenly popped to mind. Definitely more windows at fault here, but weird how it is the only thing scaling weird now. Still would like to see movement on getting VSTs to independently scale base don OS or whatever Mattias was saying they were working on improving. Native instruments Maschine and Kontrol are too small to use now and they are my main plugin managers within reason.

stratatonic

18 Nov 2021

Loque wrote:
18 Nov 2021
  • Added additional high resolution graphic resources
  • Fixed a bug where parts of transport bar had the wrong colors in dark mode
  • Some improvements to stability when searching in browser
  • Fixed an issue that could happen when you had duplicate ReFills
  • Fixed a bug where Reason crashed when loading corrupt rx2 files
  • New version of Mimic including the following fixes:
    • Improved Timing in Advanced stretch mode
    • Fixed a bug where modulation of Start Position in Slice mode could trig slices outside range resulting in silence
    • Legato mode did not re-trigger correctly
    • Legato clicked when not playing legato
    • Fixed a bug where using certain wav samples in Melody mode could crash Mimic

Ok, I'm not using Mimic.
If I don't care about a few high rez icons, and I'm in White Mode, and I'm not having issues with Refills/rX2 files, and don't search much...is there any point in downloading this 5 point update?

earwig83

18 Nov 2021

stratatonic wrote:
18 Nov 2021
Loque wrote:
18 Nov 2021

Ok, I'm not using Mimic.
If I don't care about a few high rez icons, and I'm in White Mode, and I'm not having issues with Refills/rX2 files, and don't search much...is there any point in downloading this 5 point update?
Yeah no reason. It is another useless iterative update for a product that should never have been released so incomplete. Still regret updating, but can't go back as I already made songs I like in 12.

Pepin

18 Nov 2021

All this splash screen discussion reminds me… I don’t even see the splash screen anymore when using machine authentication. I just get a spinning beach ball and then the template file pops up after a while (on mac).

BRIGGS

18 Nov 2021

R12 is still not as snappy as R11 suite.

I have to wait awhile for it to do it's graphics loading thing before it even gets close to R11's snappiness.
r11s

Stamatz

18 Nov 2021

Definitely happy the update dropped today.

Tried it out for a few and all seems well and moving in the right direction.

Big thumbs up to R12.. :clap:
Nektar P4, Alesis VX49, Roland DJ-202, Korg DS-8, Casio RZ-1, Epiphone Guitar, MOTU M4, Samson BT Monitors. Twin Displays. AMD Ryzen 9 7950x3D, 32 GB Ram, AMD Radeon 6800XT,

SuryaDnB

18 Nov 2021

Loque wrote:
18 Nov 2021
Fixed a bug where modulation of Start Position in Slice mode could trig slices outside range resulting in silence
Ah, finally, I reported this one early in September
Currently on Reason 12. Very disappointed with the updates in the last two versions.

Gardinski

18 Nov 2021

stratatonic wrote:
18 Nov 2021

Ok, I'm not using Mimic.
Well, there's a noticeable improvement in loading times for REs and individual patches. I'd assume that might still be of interest to you.

It suggests that the underlying code has been tightened up or optimised, so that might indicate a general performance improvement across the board which would be of benefit even for people who don't use Mimic etc, (although I haven't had a chance to test it much this evening, beyond a very quick twiddle).

dvdrtldg

18 Nov 2021

Fix the graphics guys. My GPU fan is in permanent overdrive whenever I'm using Reason and it's beginning to shit me

And yes, I've shut down all background programs

SuryaDnB

18 Nov 2021

SuryaDnB wrote:
18 Nov 2021
Loque wrote:
18 Nov 2021
Fixed a bug where modulation of Start Position in Slice mode could trig slices outside range resulting in silence
Ah, finally, I reported this one early in September
Unfortunately sometimes it still seems to bug out for some reason

But as others have stated, loading times seem faster, especially on older projects that sometimes took 30 seconds to switch to sequencer view for me before.

I don't understand why they haven't managed to upgrade everything to high res yet. How hard can that be?
Currently on Reason 12. Very disappointed with the updates in the last two versions.

Liimusic

19 Nov 2021

EnochLight wrote:
18 Nov 2021
Liimusic wrote:
18 Nov 2021
Hi,

Im getting massive Dropout when im using Mimic on Advanced Stretch Mode.
OS X Big Sur 10.6
Which version of Reason are you on?
Im on the latest version 12.2.2.
in version 12.2.1 works perfectly.

plaamook

19 Nov 2021

I love it.
After multiple attempts to DL 12.2.2 it finally succeeds (in a very odd way...) and not one bug I've had has been fixed. Not one.
Soon I'll return to my usual state of tranquility but at the moment I'm just disgusted.
Mattias even posted a reply to my mentioning the the Mimic bug (this was in the new road map thread) saying that there was a mimic update!
He didn't mention that the update doesn't deal with the very issue I posted about...
Fuck it.JPG
Fuck it.JPG (65.36 KiB) Viewed 183362 times
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

plaamook

19 Nov 2021

Hey, I just realised that the 12.2.2 update sorted out a more general graphics problem I had!
(I'm refferring to my other 'Corrupted Files' thread here)
So that's a win!

What a rollercoaster....

Or here.

stratatonic

19 Nov 2021

earwig83 wrote:
18 Nov 2021
stratatonic wrote:
18 Nov 2021
Ok, I'm not using Mimic.
Yeah no reason. It is another useless iterative update for a product that should never have been released so incomplete. Still regret updating, but can't go back as I already made songs I like in 12.
Gardinski wrote:
18 Nov 2021
Well, there's a noticeable improvement in loading times for REs and individual patches. I'd assume that might still be of interest to you.

It suggests that the underlying code has been tightened up or optimised, so that might indicate a general performance improvement across the board which would be of benefit even for people who don't use Mimic etc, (although I haven't had a chance to test it much this evening, beyond a very quick twiddle).
:( Thank you, Gardinski. I should have taken earwig's advice and should have left well enough alone!

Reason 12.2.2 Fuckin' Awesome, eh? :x
Transport Reason 12_2_2.png
Transport Reason 12_2_2.png (16.86 KiB) Viewed 183181 times
Sequencer Reason 12_2_2.png
Sequencer Reason 12_2_2.png (9.27 KiB) Viewed 183181 times
Browser Reason 12_2_2.png
Browser Reason 12_2_2.png (98.89 KiB) Viewed 183181 times

EnochLight

19 Nov 2021

stratatonic wrote:
19 Nov 2021
:( Thank you, Gardinski. I should have taken earwig's advice and should have left well enough alone!

Reason 12.2.2 Fuckin' Awesome, eh? :x
Transport Reason 12_2_2.png
Sequencer Reason 12_2_2.png
Browser Reason 12_2_2.png
Did you try clearing your graphics and index cache?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

tronam

19 Nov 2021

I'm a little surprised Reason itself doesn't automatically refresh its caches whenever an update addresses any related issues. End users shouldn't need to repeatedly dig into their system folders to delete files just to get the program to work properly. This R12 release reminds me of the way so many modern AAA games have been launching lately, requiring months of post-launch patches to fix bugs and performance issues. It's only going to get worse as more and more corporations and investment firms, driven by continual growth and quarterly earnings, start taking control over the most successful audio companies (among others). Native-Instruments and iZotope are yet another one of the most recent example of this, now controlled by Francisco Partners.
Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

Arrant
Competition Winner

20 Nov 2021

tronam wrote:
19 Nov 2021
I'm a little surprised Reason itself doesn't automatically refresh its caches whenever an update addresses any related issues. End users shouldn't need to repeatedly dig into their system folders to delete files just to get the program to work properly. This R12 release reminds me of the way so many modern AAA games have been launching lately, requiring months of post-launch patches to fix bugs and performance issues. It's only going to get worse as more and more corporations and investment firms, driven by continual growth and quarterly earnings, start taking control over the most successful audio companies (among others). Native-Instruments and iZotope are yet another one of the most recent example of this, now controlled by Francisco Partners.
These things have a tendency to self-correct as consumers lose patience and interest when too many products with poor quality flood the market. It's happened before with the "video game crash" back in the 80s. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a crash in the plugin market, which is now completely oversaturated (although with lots of excellent products). Being a "DAW first" company would be good in that situation, as users would still buy updates for the workflow improvements.

Karim
Competition Winner

20 Nov 2021

Although I am keeping, for professional reasons, Reason 11 for my productions, the update of this latest release has given me hope. I'm on Mac and R12 is more responsive and faster than the very first release. I am relieved and I hope it is more and more optimized
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3+ R12  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

FatJ

20 Nov 2021

I still haven't managed to install the update. I've put a ticket in.

moofi

20 Nov 2021

usual? ;-) :-D
plaamook wrote:
19 Nov 2021
I love it.
After multiple attempts to DL 12.2.2 it finally succeeds (in a very odd way...) and not one bug I've had has been fixed. Not one.
Soon I'll return to my usual state of tranquility but at the moment I'm just disgusted.
Mattias even posted a reply to my mentioning the the Mimic bug (this was in the new road map thread) saying that there was a mimic update!
He didn't mention that the update doesn't deal with the very issue I posted about...

Fuck it.JPG

plaamook

20 Nov 2021

moofi wrote:
20 Nov 2021
plaamook wrote:
19 Nov 2021
I love it.

Fuck it.JPG
Ok, relatively state of tranquility
:lol:

Or here.

moofi

20 Nov 2021

:-D
plaamook wrote:
20 Nov 2021
moofi wrote:
20 Nov 2021

Ok, relatively state of tranquility
:lol:

Karim
Competition Winner

20 Nov 2021

I had problems but after 3 times I succeeded ..
very slow installation
FatJ wrote:
20 Nov 2021
I still haven't managed to install the update. I've put a ticket in.
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3+ R12  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

• Information