List of Free Rack Extensions

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Loque

21 Apr 2021

Cool. Thanks LabONE! It looks excellent.
Reason12, Win10

BRIGGS

21 Apr 2021

:puf_smile: :thumbs_up: Thanks!
r11s

challism

26 Apr 2021

sdst wrote:
21 Apr 2021
This one is free, I don't know if it's time limit
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... -tonal-eq/

Thanks for the heads up on this one. I just grabbed it... haven't used it yet. I'll add it to the master list as soon as it's confirmed to remain a free RE.
And a big THANK YOU to LAB:ONE Recordings for the free EQ.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

LABONERECORDINGS
RE Developer

26 Apr 2021

Thanks for the heads up on this one. I just grabbed it... haven't used it yet. I'll add it to the master list as soon as it's confirmed to remain a free RE.
No problem everyone, we're nearing our 10yr anniversary (ReQ131 nearly the big 10!), so we decided why not have this as an extra tool in the box, especially for that bit more tone shaping with Equila. Please by all means add to the master list. And hope everyone enjoys this one too

challism

26 Apr 2021

LABONERECORDINGS wrote:
26 Apr 2021
No problem everyone, we're nearing our 10yr anniversary (ReQ131 nearly the big 10!), so we decided why not have this as an extra tool in the box, especially for that bit more tone shaping with Equila. Please by all means add to the master list. And hope everyone enjoys this one too
Great! I've added it to the master list of free REs.
And happy anniversary to Lab:One!

integerpoet

26 Apr 2021

Because I am an ingrate, my first thought was "I have so many others… Why should I care?"

So I watched the video and found out. :-) I like:
  • inbuilt metering so I can match levels more easily before deciding whether I've done any good
  • being able to see the sharpness of the filter — best display I have for that before now is literally a block
Thanks! Will try it out on my current project…

DaveyG

27 Apr 2021

integerpoet wrote:
26 Apr 2021

"I have so many others… Why should I care?"
That is true of oh so many REs, VSTs and even DAWs. I tend to "buy" these free REs to add them to my account and then not download them. I already have more EQs, delays, reverbs and distortions than I can ever possibly need. There is such a thing as too much choice.

zumBeispiel

10 Jul 2021

FREE RE:

Spectra Additive ReSynthesizer

by Synthetech Sound

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... nthesizer/

Thank you, Synthetech Sound!

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7523799

challism

10 Jul 2021

Added Spectra to the master list.

Thank you for the gift, Synthetech Sound!

zumBeispiel

17 Sep 2021

FREE RE:

WBL6414

by omino.com

• Multi-Tap Delay Line
• Time, Volume, and Pan Per Delay Tap
• Four Delay Lines With Four Taps Each

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... n/wbl6414/

Thank you, Omino.com!

challism

24 Sep 2021

zumBeispiel wrote:
17 Sep 2021
FREE RE:

WBL6414

by omino.com

• Multi-Tap Delay Line
• Time, Volume, and Pan Per Delay Tap
• Four Delay Lines With Four Taps Each

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... n/wbl6414/

Thank you, Omino.com!
Thank you, omino.com!

challism

13 Oct 2021

Added Pongasoft's A/B 12 Audio Out Switch.

Thank you, Yan!

NoiseEng
RE Developer

18 Nov 2021

Greetings! We have officially released the Noise Engineering Freequel bundle as Rack Extensions today! They are free and in the shop now (bundle page to follow). The bundle includes

Sinc Vereor
Sinc Vereor is a powerful synthesizer hidden behind a deceptively simple interface. This wavemorphing subtractive synth uses familiar controls to create unusual sounds different from what you’d expect from a similar package. Noise mode incorporates an adjustable-bandwidth “artifactful” self-similar noise source. All modes also incorporate a wavefolder. Add in a multimode filter and VCA controlled by an ADSR envelope and a vintage-inspired chorus, Sinc Vereor allows for precise tone creation from simple and melodic to all-out noisy and unapologetically digital.

Virt Vereor
Virt Vereor is a powerful synthesizer based on a unique set of synthesis algorithms. Bass is a quadrature algorithm described in Bernie Hutchins’ seminal series Electronotes. Sawx is a supersaw-inspired beast. Harm is an additive algorithm with spectral control and distortion of partials. Virt Vereor makes a tremendous amount of unique sounds with an immediate and usable interface.

We’ve paired the Virt oscillator section with Vereor, our easily manipulated dynamics section using an ADSR envelope controlling a variable slope and analog-inspired multimode gate/filter. Add to that a vintage-inspired chorus and a load of presets, and Virt Vereor has something for anyone looking for basses, leads, or just new and innovative sounds.

Ruina
Ruina is a versatile multi-distortion with wavefolding, octavizing, phase shifting, multiband saturation, filtering, and DOOM. Inspired by our hardware distortion modules, Ruina takes the magic of Eurorack and puts it in the Reason Rack. Whether you want to subtly shape a sound or drive things to annihilation with over 120dB of overdrive, Ruina is the distortion for you.

These are available, free, at https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/brow ... ngineering

Drop us a line if you have any questions!
Kris
Noise Engineering
Doer of the Things
Two of Seven

PhillipOrdonez

18 Nov 2021

OMG thank you so much Noise Engineering! 😳😳😳

challism

18 Nov 2021

Thank you, Noise Engineering! I've updated the OP with these three free REs.

Pepin

07 Dec 2021

Just a heads up, I had some spare time and updated my old REs with some small improvements enabled by later SDK versions:

- In FRONT-8, you can now cmd-click (mac) or ctrl-click (windows) a node to clear all of its connections.

- In RVL-1, you can now select display mode from a pop up menu instead of repeatedly clicking a display.

- Both devices have improved thumbnails.

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... cv-router/
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... y-utility/

Loque

07 Dec 2021

Pepin wrote:
07 Dec 2021
:thumbup:
Reason12, Win10

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

08 Dec 2021

Pepin wrote:
07 Dec 2021

- In FRONT-8, you can now cmd-click (mac) or ctrl-click (windows) a node to clear all of its connections.

- In RVL-1, you can now select display mode from a pop up menu instead of repeatedly clicking a display.
Nice one, these are handy devices, use the RVL-1 a lot and love the fact with the Front-8 you can remote\automate it (I have also controlled the front panel via LFO's as well :D )..

challism

08 Dec 2021

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
08 Dec 2021
Pepin wrote:
07 Dec 2021

Nice one, these are handy devices, use the RVL-1 a lot and love the fact with the Front-8 you can remote\automate it (I have also controlled the front panel via LFO's as well :D )..
Front-8 is my favorite CV switch of all time. It's amazing! <3 <3 <3 it. I bought it year ago, but am very happy to see it offered for free.

BTW, I think Reason should allow for inclusion of all the FREE REs in their R+ packs. Would/could help make them much more interesting, IMO.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

08 Dec 2021

challism wrote:
08 Dec 2021

BTW, I think Reason should allow for inclusion of all the FREE REs in their R+ packs. Would/could help make them much more interesting, IMO.
I don't think there is anything stopping the dev's of those packs from using them however it could also be what is free today may not be tomorrow.

challism

08 Dec 2021

I don't think the pack makers are allowed to use anything other than what is available to R+ subs.... so, basically just RS brand devices can be used in official R+ packs (as far as I am aware).

Wouldn't it be great if RS just bought the rights to all the free REs to ensure they stay in the shop for as long as there is a shop.

challism

26 Feb 2022

Added Macro to the master list of free REs. A huge thank you to Presteign Sound Labs for this amazing synth.
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... nthesizer/
They weren't free, no. A big thanks to Ravenherz for the free gifts!

Catblack

04 Mar 2022

AMAZING!!!!!!!
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

• Information