Reason 12.2.2 is out...

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
TheMiles

18 Nov 2021

I have a strange Problem. The automatic update function doesnt work here :/, I get an error message with the advise to dl the reason update from the RS site :/ Unfortunately i cant find the update on the RS site :(

anyone know how to fix or where to dl update ?

Heigen5

18 Nov 2021

TheMiles wrote:
18 Nov 2021
I have a strange Problem. The automatic update function doesnt work here :/, I get an error message with the advise to dl the reason update from the RS site :/ Unfortunately i cant find the update on the RS site :(

Don't know why you get that error, but here's the download on their site at least: https://www.reasonstudios.com/download/reason1222

TheMiles

18 Nov 2021

Heigen5 wrote:
18 Nov 2021
TheMiles wrote:
18 Nov 2021

Don't know why you get that error, but here's the download on their site at least: https://www.reasonstudios.com/download/reason1222
Thx for your help, dlding right now :)

Adabler
Competition Winner

18 Nov 2021

deeplink wrote:
18 Nov 2021
Reason Feature Request: Transport Bar color bug to have CV input
Yes, I think if they added CV (and maybe audio in) to all known bugs, people would probably be happy.
:reason: 12, Win10

joeyluck

18 Nov 2021

guitfnky wrote:
18 Nov 2021
I was hoping this would fix the program hanging after opening certain projects, but nope. they’re telling me to install a logging version to triage, but I really don’t want to do that. 😔
You can install and run it side by side. And sounds like whatever is happening on your end is easy to reproduce? So you might just need to install it, open those projects, and send them the log files.

EnochLight

18 Nov 2021

Reason 12.2.2 Release Notes
  • Some improvements to stability when searching in browser
Oops... looks like this fix isn't quite there yet:

Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

npinero1

18 Nov 2021

I always welcome an update! Thank you RS!
:reason: :re: :refillpacker: :reload: :ignition:

guitfnky

18 Nov 2021

joeyluck wrote:
18 Nov 2021
guitfnky wrote:
18 Nov 2021
I was hoping this would fix the program hanging after opening certain projects, but nope. they’re telling me to install a logging version to triage, but I really don’t want to do that. 😔
You can install and run it side by side. And sounds like whatever is happening on your end is easy to reproduce? So you might just need to install it, open those projects, and send them the log files.
yeah, the process is easy, I’m just not interested in installing more crap than I need to on a new system. I’ll probably end up doing it anyway, but it’s a pain in the ass.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Adabler
Competition Winner

18 Nov 2021

They did it!
Screenshot 2021-11-18 162242.jpg
Screenshot 2021-11-18 162242.jpg (6.83 KiB) Viewed 158459 times
Well, almost, that zero seems a little off, but I can live with that.
:reason: 12, Win10

deeplink
Competition Winner

18 Nov 2021

EnochLight wrote:
18 Nov 2021
Reason 12.2.2 Release Notes
  • Some improvements to stability when searching in browser
Oops... looks like this fix isn't quite there yet:

Strange, searching in the browser works perfectly for me. No hic cups. Tried searching for both wavs, patches, files that only exist in my favourites, folders etc. It seems to be working better and faster than before
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

Ottostrom

18 Nov 2021

guitfnky wrote:
18 Nov 2021
yeah, the process is easy, I’m just not interested in installing more crap than I need to on a new system. I’ll probably end up doing it anyway, but it’s a pain in the ass.
It honestly is a hassle. After installing the logging version all my Reason files would open with that version if I launched them by double clicking in the file explorer, no matter how much I tried to explicitly tell my computer not to use that one. And when I uninstalled the logging version it messed up all my Reason related icons which I only got back by removing and reinstalling my normal Reason 12. All this just to have my ticket sit there open for two months with no further comments.

Creativemind

18 Nov 2021

deeplink wrote:
18 Nov 2021
Creativemind wrote:
18 Nov 2021
Still not putting the 'date of release' on release notes.

:clap:

Guess I need to message them to state the obvious. I bet no other daw release notes miss this bit of vital information out.
There's two areas of Releases on the Reason Studios Page;
Release Notes: https://www.reasonstudios.com/en/reason ... ease-notes
And their Blog (which has the date): https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... -released-
Just clicked the second link (blog) and it doesn't have the release date, it does, however, have the amount of time since the blog post was created on it.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

joeyluck

18 Nov 2021

guitfnky wrote:
18 Nov 2021
joeyluck wrote:
18 Nov 2021

Gotcha. I guess the point is this is something that affects you, so if you want them to be able to get to the bottom of it faster... I'm glad they have a logging version and I try to keep it installed. Sometimes with any support team, the back and forth of troubleshooting an issue specific to a specific computer and setup is more exhausting. And perhaps getting to the bottom of the issues you are experiencing might solve different issues for others.

Creativemind

18 Nov 2021

Pepin wrote:
18 Nov 2021
Creativemind wrote:
18 Nov 2021
Still not putting the 'date of release' on release notes.

:clap:

Guess I need to message them to state the obvious. I bet no other daw release notes miss this bit of vital information out.
Not sure why you would bet on this. I checked my other DAW (Logic), and there are no dates to be found.
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203718
Seems so from that link. Shocked lol!
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

DaveyG

18 Nov 2021

Still, it's nice that we have something real to complain about rather than having to complain about speculative stuff.
I say "we" but I've not upgraded to 12 and I'm unlikely to do so any day soon.

plaamook

18 Nov 2021

DaveyG wrote:
18 Nov 2021
Still, it's nice that we have something real to complain about rather than having to complain about speculative stuff.
Bah! Get in the game!
We need all the beta testers we can get!
I’m no power user but even I’ve flagged a few.
Too bad you have to pay a new premium for the privilege I guess...
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

Muttonheads

18 Nov 2021

To me, this update seems to bring better loading speed. On the other hand I still have the Avenger Plug In which crashes Reason when I close the VST window. I opened a ticket for this weeks ago with no response.

ReasonUser

18 Nov 2021

The #1 reason I stuck with Reason since v4 was rock solid stability. In all the polls and surveys I told them as much. So I think I’ll be moving to Logic after this debacle that is v12. And I can still use all my REs so there is a silver lining.

DaveyG

18 Nov 2021

plaamook wrote:
18 Nov 2021
DaveyG wrote:
18 Nov 2021
Bah! Get in the game!
Haha. You're assuming I'll upgrade at some point and even if I did it would not be at full price. But right now Mimic gives me nothing I need and I rarely use combinators because they cannot hold VSTs when used in the RRP, which is 90% of my Reasoning these days. Even with those two devices R12 was looking a bit light on content but without them it's a laughable upgrade, even if it was less buggy. I was a Beta tester for R12 and they seem to have ignored most of the bugs we collectively reported. /shrug

plaamook

18 Nov 2021

DaveyG wrote:
18 Nov 2021
plaamook wrote:
18 Nov 2021

Bah! Get in the game!
Haha. You're assuming I'll upgrade at some point and even if I did it would not be at full price. But right now Mimic gives me nothing I need and I rarely use combinators because they cannot hold VSTs when used in the RRP, which is 90% of my Reasoning these days. Even with those two devices R12 was looking a bit light on content but without them it's a laughable upgrade, even if it was less buggy. I was a Beta tester for R12 and they seem to have ignored most of the bugs we collectively reported. /shrug
Hah!
The moment combis house vsts I’m outta here! (Maybe...)
Anyway it’s the one reason I don’t bother w RRP. Can’t port my patches any more.
Too bad it didn’t come before vsts.
But did they plan it that way...
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

m.arthur

18 Nov 2021

ReasonUser wrote:
18 Nov 2021
The #1 reason I stuck with Reason since v4 was rock solid stability. In all the polls and surveys I told them as much. So I think I’ll be moving to Logic after this debacle that is v12. And I can still use all my REs so there is a silver lining.
Logic has a zillion issues and longsuffering userbase.... not sure what you'll be solving. Is it a great DAW? Yes. Is it free of the bugs, issues, undever-developed / ignored areas that Reason suffers from? Absolutely not. There's no such thing; not Logic, not Ableton, not Cubase....

You're basically jumping ship from one set of problems right into another.

Not to mention how slow the workflow is. Somebody should show a Logic dev this little thing called "drag and drop".... :puf_bigsmile:

guitfnky

18 Nov 2021

joeyluck wrote:
18 Nov 2021
guitfnky wrote:
18 Nov 2021

Gotcha. I guess the point is this is something that affects you, so if you want them to be able to get to the bottom of it faster... I'm glad they have a logging version and I try to keep it installed. Sometimes with any support team, the back and forth of troubleshooting an issue specific to a specific computer and setup is more exhausting. And perhaps getting to the bottom of the issues you are experiencing might solve different issues for others.
it only affects me insofar as I want to use any of the v12 functionality on the one project I can’t open. luckily it continues to open perfectly fine for me in 11, so I can continue working.

I do want them to fix it, but I’m too busy these days to spend so much time triaging issues with their software (I do enough of that in my “real” job, and it’s exhausting enough when you’re getting paid to do it).

so it’s not a huge issue for me, just a minor disappointment with the state of things.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

FatJ

18 Nov 2021

Is anyone else having problems updating? Mine downloads it, offers to install it from within Reason but then just exits to desktop when I try. I start it again and it says there is an update, downloads another 1.5 Gig and fails to install it. I'll try again later in case it is the server being overloaded or something.

Zac

18 Nov 2021

FatJ wrote:
18 Nov 2021
Is anyone else having problems updating? Mine downloads it, offers to install it from within Reason but then just exits to desktop when I try. I start it again and it says there is an update, downloads another 1.5 Gig and fails to install it. I'll try again later in case it is the server being overloaded or something.
I had 3 failed downloads and gave up. I'll try again tomorrow.

earwig83

18 Nov 2021

splash screen is still low res on windows system. total amateur hour. Charging for this beta software.

• Information