Reason 12.2.2 is out...

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
plaamook

18 Nov 2021

Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

Loque

18 Nov 2021

• Added additional high resolution graphic resources
  • Fixed a bug where parts of transport bar had the wrong colors in dark mode
  • Some improvements to stability when searching in browser
  • Fixed an issue that could happen when you had duplicate ReFills
  • Fixed a bug where Reason crashed when loading corrupt rx2 files
  • New version of Mimic including the following fixes:
    • Improved Timing in Advanced stretch mode
    • Fixed a bug where modulation of Start Position in Slice mode could trig slices outside range resulting in silence
    • Legato mode did not re-trigger correctly
    • Legato clicked when not playing legato
    • Fixed a bug where using certain wav samples in Melody mode could crash Mimic
Reason12, Win10

Adabler
Competition Winner

18 Nov 2021

Great, can't wait to get rid of the transport bar bug!

...on the other hand, I've gotten used to it. Maybe a switch to toggle it on and off and make it possible to automate?
:reason: 12, Win10

Creativemind

18 Nov 2021

Still not putting the 'date of release' on release notes.

:clap:

Guess I need to message them to state the obvious. I bet no other daw release notes miss this bit of vital information out.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Ottostrom

18 Nov 2021

Just downloaded and tested this update. From what I can see it does NOT fix:
1. The sluggish browser.
2. The problem with tabs not staying collapsed in the browser (or being able to move the stupid showcase folder).
3. The instability of using the new search feature (when searching "ride" in my drums folder it still put Reason into a Not Responding state).
4. My audio crackle problem when working in an empty project.

So I guess none of the issues I'm having got fixed..

Loque

18 Nov 2021

Ottostrom wrote:
18 Nov 2021
1. The sluggish browser.
2. The problem with tabs not staying collapsed in the browser (or being able to move the stupid showcase folder).
3. The instability of using the new search feature (when searching "ride" in my drums folder it still put Reason into a Not Responding state).

Just to be sure, you created tickets for your issues?
Reason12, Win10

Ottostrom

18 Nov 2021

Loque wrote:
18 Nov 2021
Ottostrom wrote:
18 Nov 2021
1. The sluggish browser.

For 3 & 4 yes. But I've seen enough people discuss the same problems with the browser that I figured RS would already be aware of those.

Zac

18 Nov 2021

That's it? That's all they've done? Oh my.

Loque

18 Nov 2021

Zac wrote:
18 Nov 2021
That's it? That's all they've done? Oh my.
Oh my...some ppl think, if they get a release after 2 months, they exactly coded 2 months for this version and than, bam! Release!

No...this release is probably 1 month old, gone through internal and beta tests and finally was released. And developing software is not only coding, there is so much additional stuff need to be checked, which normal users are not aware of, like licensing clearing, local rights clearing, import/export clearing and so much more...

You can be sure, that they are working on more stuff since the release of V12.2 or 12.2.1. which you are currently not aware of and will see in the next 2-6 months. Remember, the highres took more than 2 years of development, plus testing, plus beta, plus bug fixing updates...

I think, they are still investigating some special and hard to reproduce problems and also working on internal refactoring for the M1 and VST3 support.
Reason12, Win10

Arrant
Competition Winner

18 Nov 2021

It's unbelievable how Reason 12 has been out for almost three months and still the browser is utterly unusable.
Updated, tested for 30 seconds, back to R11.

Losing patience over here. I paid for R12, it's time to give me the actual product now.

Pepin

18 Nov 2021

The inverted ReGroove buttons are also fixed, though it's not in the release notes.

RandomNoise

18 Nov 2021

Glad to see all these updates. :clap:

There is one issue with Mimic I discovered recently and was hoping it would get fixed, not sure if anyone else experienced that or if it been reported.

ATTENTION! Do not try this with the volume up as it can damage your speakers or ears!

When assigning a controller knob on Combinator to Mimic sample start point, the knob ignore the end point and let you adjust the value beyond that, which results in an extremely high pitch noise that almost damaged my ears... :shock:
Screen Shot 2021-11-18 at 17.31.09.png
Screen Shot 2021-11-18 at 17.31.09.png (523.54 KiB) Viewed 231609 times
I could not upload a video file here but hopefully this screenshot can help explain what I mean better..

Again, please DO NOT try it with the volume up..

I don't know if this something that can consider to be a bug or just limitation of the controls..

[Edited] Forgot to mention that I took this screenshot after the latest update, so I'm assuming it is not fixed..
Last edited by RandomNoise on 18 Nov 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Ottostrom

18 Nov 2021

Okay I'm a bit more optimistic now. I deleted the browser index file again, which has previously fixed my slow browser problems but only temporarily.
But after restarting my computer and testing again it does seem like the browser is still fixed. Searching for something like "kick" which I know there are a ton of samples of still gets Reason to not respond but the search time is way faster.
I really the problem doesn't come back this time!

deeplink
Competition Winner

18 Nov 2021

RandomNoise wrote:
18 Nov 2021
When assigning a controller knob on Combinator to Mimic sample start point, the knob ignore the end point and let you adjust the value beyond that, which results in an extremely high pitch noise that almost damaged my ears...
I've also notice, using Remote with Mimic, that assigning the sample start to a Control and then moving the sample start behind the Sample End causes Mimic to crash.
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

deeplink
Competition Winner

18 Nov 2021

Adabler wrote:
18 Nov 2021
Great, can't wait to get rid of the transport bar bug!

...on the other hand, I've gotten used to it. Maybe a switch to toggle it on and off and make it possible to automate?
Reason Feature Request: Transport Bar color bug to have CV input

Steedus
Competition Winner

18 Nov 2021

Malstrom and Layers still have no rear rack rails

Loque

18 Nov 2021

RandomNoise wrote:
18 Nov 2021
Looks this could also cause a crash. You created a ticket?
Reason12, Win10

deeplink
Competition Winner

18 Nov 2021

Creativemind wrote:
18 Nov 2021

Guess I need to message them to state the obvious. I bet no other daw release notes miss this bit of vital information out.
There's two areas of Releases on the Reason Studios Page;
Release Notes: https://www.reasonstudios.com/en/reason ... ease-notes
And their Blog (which has the date): https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... -released-

RandomNoise

18 Nov 2021

Loque wrote:
18 Nov 2021
RandomNoise wrote:
18 Nov 2021
No I didn't, honestly I was not sure if it was a bug or that I am not supposed to use it that way.. :lol:
But this point in the latest release notes made me think that there might be a connection here:
"Fixed a bug where modulation of Start Position in Slice mode could trig slices outside range resulting in silence"

Will create one :thumbup:

Pepin

18 Nov 2021

Creativemind wrote:
18 Nov 2021

Not sure why you would bet on this. I checked my other DAW (Logic), and there are no dates to be found.
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203718

Loque

18 Nov 2021

RandomNoise wrote:
18 Nov 2021
Loque wrote:
18 Nov 2021

No I didn't, honestly I was not sure if it was a bug or that I am not supposed to use it that way.. :lol:
But this point in the latest release notes made me think that there might be a connection here:
"Fixed a bug where modulation of Start Position in Slice mode could trig slices outside range resulting in silence"

Will create one :thumbup:
If you still can reproduce it, it makes sense to create a ticket so they can follow your problem. This looks like the start poistion is running over the memory boundaries, which can be very serious.
Reason12, Win10

huggermugger

18 Nov 2021

Ottostrom wrote:
18 Nov 2021
Loque wrote:
18 Nov 2021

For 3 & 4 yes. But I've seen enough people discuss the same problems with the browser that I figured RS would already be aware of those.
Their response to me about the Browser collapse bug was that it crept in when they overhauled/streamlined the Browser, and that it was a small price to pay for such an improvement. In other words, they showed no concern about the bug and no apparent intention to fix it.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

18 Nov 2021

huggermugger wrote:
18 Nov 2021
Ottostrom wrote:
18 Nov 2021

Their response to me about the Browser collapse bug was that it crept in when they overhauled/streamlined the Browser, and that it was a small price to pay for such an improvement. In other words, they showed no concern about the bug and no apparent intention to fix it.
I told them about the browser collapse bug way back in Reason 10. It just got worse on 12.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

guitfnky

18 Nov 2021

I was hoping this would fix the program hanging after opening certain projects, but nope. they’re telling me to install a logging version to triage, but I really don’t want to do that. 😔
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Creativemind

18 Nov 2021

Pepin wrote:
18 Nov 2021
The inverted ReGroove buttons are also fixed, though it's not in the release notes.
Doesn't surprise me. They used to regularly leave stuff out of update listings (pre say about 2019 before they even had release notes and just listings on their site on the day of the release) like one that sticks in my mind, was the ability to drag a midi file from the browser onto an existing midi track that was added and wasn't mentioned in which ever update it was in. Before that it would only allow you to drag midi files into the sequencer and it created a new track and an ID8 and then you had to move the existing midi clip up onto the track you actually wanted it on and delete the ID8 track you never actually wanted. I think it was only altered due to people flagging it up. I only found out about it due to mentioning it on here and someone telling me it'd been added months before and I never knew
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

• Information