Reason Studios shares their roadmap (September 7, 2021)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
avasopht
Competition Winner

17 Nov 2021

Creativemind wrote:
17 Nov 2021
Do you just want to wait forever?
Do you really need to ask? Of course not.

Come on.
Creativemind wrote:
17 Nov 2021
you say it like, it doesn't matter, it'll be another 4 or 5 months like that's acceptable.
I offered no judgement, just an estimation. You've chosen to colour my words with some position on RS that I've simply not said.

It's an estimation, not an opinion. Not a judgment. Not acceptance. Not support. Not a complaint. Not a position. Not whining. Not a negative. Not a positive. Not an excuse. Not anything else.

It's just an ESTIMATION.
Creativemind wrote:
17 Nov 2021
this sounds great and now seems like it's all going at a tortoise pace again. Frustrating.
That's just an assumption. For all we know, they could be running at 10x their normal pace and we'd be none the wiser.

Presently they're dealing with a bug while doing an overhaul of their GUI system. Bugs can take anywhere between seconds and years to track down. A bugfix - once the bug is identified - could take anywhere between minutes and years to fix (years is highly unlikely in this case, but the worst-case scenario is a rewrite of the engine from the ground up that could take anywhere from days to months).

Pace has nothing to do with it. Some things just take more time than others, and I'm guessing this bug might have caused some delays.

You also have no idea what they are actually doing. You don't know when they're building new devices or technology. You don't know what R&D they're carrying out. You don't know how many versions of a device or feature they make during development to arrive at their final design.

You just don't know.

None of us do.

Anger tends to make people sure of things they have absolutely no information about. "I know you stole it". Or in this case, you know they're <<insert-something>>.

EnochLight

17 Nov 2021

RoryM0 wrote:
17 Nov 2021
EnochLight wrote:
17 Nov 2021

Link? Reddit is like a Greek labyrinth set on fire.
Cool; thanks! Looks like he said more on performance just a couple of hours ago as well:

Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Billy+

17 Nov 2021

EnochLight wrote:
17 Nov 2021

I wonder why nobody from RS has been here to drop a couple of announcements?

avasopht
Competition Winner

17 Nov 2021

Billy+ wrote:
17 Nov 2021
1. Needless duplication ... someone will share ;)
2. Each person (developer) will have their own preferred means of communicating (Twitter, RT, Reddit, ...)
3. Not much to announce ... maybe better to announce here when it's ready for release

Billy+

17 Nov 2021

avasopht wrote:
17 Nov 2021
Billy+ wrote:
17 Nov 2021
2. Each person (developer) will have their own preferred means of communicating (Twitter, RT, Reddit, ...)
3. Not much to announce ... maybe better to announce here when it's ready for release
I guess maybe but we normally get news direct from someone official - still like you say we got it now.

guitfnky

17 Nov 2021

I hope they keep the roadmap, but maybe ditch the timeframes. we’re clearly not so forgiving. 😂
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

QVprod

17 Nov 2021

Billy+ wrote:
17 Nov 2021
avasopht wrote:
17 Nov 2021

I guess maybe but we normally get news direct from someone official - still like you say we got it now.
Well.. that is Mattias, so you can’t get much more official lol. But do we tend to get more of the official news here.

EnochLight

17 Nov 2021

guitfnky wrote:
17 Nov 2021
I hope they keep the roadmap, but maybe ditch the timeframes. we’re clearly not so forgiving. 😂
I am 100% in agreement with this. Keep the roadmap to the letter, but bump the timeframes to be realistic. If we lose core DAW improvements, I'll lose my s hit. Again.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

plaamook

17 Nov 2021

Billy+ wrote:
17 Nov 2021

You kidding? Look at this place!
If you worked for Props you'd stay clear of RT as well!
You'd have to start a thread, make an announcement, then immediately lock it!
:lol:
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

Billy+

17 Nov 2021

EnochLight wrote:
17 Nov 2021
guitfnky wrote:
17 Nov 2021
I am 100% in agreement with this. Keep the roadmap to the letter, but bump the timeframes to be realistic. If we lose core DAW improvements, I'll lose my s hit. Again.
Something like this maybe :lol:
IMG_2874.PNG
IMG_2874.PNG (80.2 KiB) Viewed 4175 times

Billy+

17 Nov 2021

QVprod wrote:
17 Nov 2021
Billy+ wrote:
17 Nov 2021

Well.. that is Mattias, so you can’t get much more official lol. But do we tend to get more of the official news here.
I got who it was and didn't he post here on occasion?

Even James seems to be lost in action now he's fixed the timer on reward points ;)

Billy+

17 Nov 2021

plaamook wrote:
17 Nov 2021
Billy+ wrote:
17 Nov 2021

You kidding? Look at this place!
If you worked for Props you'd stay clear of RT as well!
You'd have to start a thread, make an announcement, then immediately lock it!
:lol:
Well I don't hang out on Reddit or Facebook but I'm fairly confident that they will get way more crap from the crazies there than they would get here especially since the mods can be more assertive here.

QVprod

17 Nov 2021

Billy+ wrote:
17 Nov 2021
QVprod wrote:
17 Nov 2021

I got who it was and didn't he post here on occasion?

Even James seems to be lost in action now he's fixed the timer on reward points ;)
That’s why I said we tend to get more of the official news. We’re the forum they now openly send everyone to. Matthias’ posts here tend to usually be around releases. That aside, reddit is likely a site he’s on for personal use. I doubt much of RS comes on here for pure fun…. Especially not now :lol: some here can be vicious. I mean James got chewed out while legit trying to help.

• Information