A Reason Studios branded Multiband Splitter

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
SJLx84

16 Nov 2021

Similar to the Bitwig insert effect, or the Multiband Send inside of Renoise - a simple rack unit which simply allows for an input to be split into 3 or 4 frequency bands with a breakout/output for each band for different effects to be applied to each resulting band. Ideally it will handle phase shifting caused by filtering and "null" when the breakouts are summed back together un-effected.
Huawei Mate book D14, Ryzen 3500U, 8GB RAM, 512GB NVME m.2, NI Komplete Audio 1, Reason 12 w/11 Suite add ons, Renoise Redux & Synthmaster 2.9.9. All work fine for me so far. :reason: :refill: :re:

guitfnky

16 Nov 2021

I don’t know about the phase correction bit, but doesn’t Stereo Imager do that?
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

crimsonwarlock

16 Nov 2021

-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

NMHindman

16 Nov 2021

I have the free "Elements Splitter" RE by AirRaid Audio (image attached). I just went to find the link for you and discovered that AirRaid Audio seems to have disappeared from the shop :-(

guitfnky mentions Stereo Imager, and the 'separate out' on the back, sent to another Stereo Imager, is a means to separate into more than two bands. It's a means to achieve what you want, though not as clean as a dedicated multiband splitter.

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (63.79 KiB) Viewed 994 times

selig
RE Developer

16 Nov 2021

guitfnky wrote:
16 Nov 2021
I don’t know about the phase correction bit, but doesn’t Stereo Imager do that?
Yes.
Selig Audio, LLC

Billy+

16 Nov 2021

BriocheBaps wrote:
16 Nov 2021
Similar to the Bitwig insert effect, or the Multiband Send inside of Renoise - a simple rack unit which simply allows for an input to be split into 3 or 4 frequency bands with a breakout/output for each band for different effects to be applied to each resulting band. Ideally it will handle phase shifting caused by filtering and "null" when the breakouts are summed back together un-effected.
I'm not sure how well it works for your usage but have you considered using the BV512 in EQ mode to split into different bands?

SJLx84

16 Nov 2021

Billy+ wrote:
16 Nov 2021
BriocheBaps wrote:
16 Nov 2021
I'm not sure how well it works for your usage but have you considered using the BV512 in EQ mode to split into different bands?
Hmm this is an interesting avenue to take, as well as Stereo Imager being used, I will make a Combinator at some stage. Given that using either would be a compromise in terms of the idea being dedicated to the specific job it would be nice to have still, but I will explore workarounds until I find a good 3rd Party version. A bit of forum digging shows that some current options have bugs (Flower Audio) or aren't quite as good as the could be (Yoko). Given how interesting Multiband Splitters can be for mangling sounds it would be a nice stock addition to have.
Huawei Mate book D14, Ryzen 3500U, 8GB RAM, 512GB NVME m.2, NI Komplete Audio 1, Reason 12 w/11 Suite add ons, Renoise Redux & Synthmaster 2.9.9. All work fine for me so far. :reason: :refill: :re:

jam-s

16 Nov 2021

BriocheBaps wrote:
16 Nov 2021
Given how interesting Multiband Splitters can be for mangling sounds it would be a nice stock addition to have.
The designated stock device for doing any multiband splits in Reason IS the stereo imager (and quite a lot of combinators in the factory sound bank use it for this purpose. e.g. the multiband mastering FX combinators.)

guitfnky

17 Nov 2021

like jam-s says, this already is the stock device for this. I doubt they'll ever create a second device that does the same thing Stereo Imager does, just with more split bands. RS would likely see that as unnecessary and redundant, which I would tend to agree with. especially considering there are other affordable third party options in the shop.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

SJLx84

17 Nov 2021

The Stereo Imager has a single crossover/split so that stereo width can typically be narrowed in the lower frequencies and widened in the higher frequencies. It is not possible to define a band higher than the crossover but lower than Nyquist, unless they are daisy chained awkwardly - I suspect this would be to set the crossover to minimum, feed the direct "High" out into a second Imager, set the crossover at the start of the mid-range, feed the "low" out put of that device into a mixer and split it into another unit, split the highs etc. it isn't elegant and to say it was designed for Multiband splitting isn't true - it was defined for stereo imaging which is why it has a single crossover frequency. I know there are third party options but a simple native device coded efficiently is not, in my opinion of course, unreasonable to wish for and as this is a feature request/suggestions forum I have posted it.

• Information