[DnB] RTFX | Torn Apart

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
RTFX

14 Nov 2021

Some drum and bass vibes for you guys.
Food for your subwoofer!
Crafted in Reason 11
Drums: Kong
Lead: Predator
Pads: Malström, Predator
Bassline: NNXT
Narrator: Simon Garlic
All my tracks on my YouTube channel⬇️ https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK0j ... P0EoiuUkNO

Popey
Competition Winner

14 Nov 2021

Cool track and enjoy the narrative adds lots of tension. 👍

Bloma

14 Nov 2021

Some great gnarly sounds in there. Love that buildup at 1:30. I reckon you could try adding some more distortion and compression to everything, to really bring out the nastyness, cos it sounds pretty clean. The drums are cool but they could be a bit more sqaushed, and I think it might fill out the mix a bit more. I also think the vocal sample could be way more weird and processed. You could see how it sounds with way too much of that, then dial it back a bit. Just my 2c.

RTFX

15 Nov 2021

Bloma wrote:
14 Nov 2021
Some great gnarly sounds in there. Love that buildup at 1:30. I reckon you could try adding some more distortion and compression to everything, to really bring out the nastyness, cos it sounds pretty clean. The drums are cool but they could be a bit more sqaushed, and I think it might fill out the mix a bit more. I also think the vocal sample could be way more weird and processed. You could see how it sounds with way too much of that, then dial it back a bit. Just my 2c.
Thx for your 2 cents!
“I buy that for a dollar”(…)
Fun fact: other guys, outside this group, kinda had similar feedback.
They were not so hot for the arp, which is the red thread of the first half. Took away some grimeyness in their opinion.
Anyway, note to self: i think i should begin to work with group busses, to at least distort drum group bit more.
Any tips concerning this technique? I only use busses when parallelling kick snare leads etc.
All my tracks on my YouTube channel⬇️ https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK0j ... P0EoiuUkNO

Bloma

15 Nov 2021

RTFX wrote:
15 Nov 2021
Bloma wrote:
14 Nov 2021
Thx for your 2 cents!
“I buy that for a dollar”(…)
Fun fact: other guys, outside this group, kinda had similar feedback.
They were not so hot for the arp, which is the red thread of the first half. Took away some grimeyness in their opinion.
Anyway, note to self: i think i should begin to work with group busses, to at least distort drum group bit more.
Any tips concerning this technique? I only use busses when parallelling kick snare leads etc.
Just go for it I reckon. I usually group my drums together and process them, then group them again after than with the bass and process some more, but depends on what you like and what you think sounds good.

• Information