RRP is not working in NI Maschine

This forum is for discussing the Reason Rack Plugin, the version of the Reason rack that runs as a VST3, AU, AAX in other DAWs.
RandomNoise

12 Nov 2021

Screen Shot 2021-11-13 at 09.55.30.png
Screen Shot 2021-11-13 at 09.55.30.png (143.88 KiB) Viewed 4605 times
Screen Shot 2021-11-13 at 09.55.02.png
Screen Shot 2021-11-13 at 09.55.02.png (123.99 KiB) Viewed 4605 times
Did anyone encounter something similar to that in Native Instruments Maschine?
It used to work fine for me.. I am assuming this is only related to the AU plugin because it is working in Ableton Live with the VST.

I didn't try to reinstall Reason yet as I am hopping there might be another solution to that...

jam-s

12 Nov 2021

You could try to remove and re-download those REs.

RandomNoise

12 Nov 2021

jam-s wrote:
12 Nov 2021
You could try to remove and re-download those REs.
I wish it was just these two.. the pop up alert keep on cycling through many racks, so I assume this is something related to the Reason Rack plugin and not necessarily to the individual racks..

I will try to reinstall Reason later and see if it helps

avasopht
Competition Winner

13 Nov 2021

Oh ... didn't realize Maschine had VST3 support?

RandomNoise

13 Nov 2021

avasopht wrote:
13 Nov 2021
Oh ... didn't realize Maschine had VST3 support?
Not VST3, I'm using here the AU plugin

lowtom

13 Nov 2021

I have same issue since NI restricted use of 3rd party VST3 plug-ins in Maschine (somewhere around v2.11).

RRP AU is just a wrapped VST3 and Maschine is blocking it. In the contents of RRP .component (AU) you can find plugin.vst3 resource to prove it.

rrp_au.png
rrp_au.png (36.19 KiB) Viewed 4537 times
:reason: :refill: :re:

BonsaiMacKay

13 Nov 2021

On Maschine 2.14.5 (latest) and I have no issues loading Reason 11 AU. Could it be another Reason 12 issue?

WaxTrax

13 Nov 2021

I am running the latest Maschine and Reason 12 and I am not having this issue. However, I have seen this happen with Reason before on an M1 Mac if the host application was not running in Rosetta mode.

I know that is probably not the situation here since neither Reason nor Maschine are native ARM64 yet, but I just wanted to put it out there in case anyone else comes across similar error messages in other applications.

RandomNoise

13 Nov 2021

I don't have an M1 Mac, and Reason 11 worked fine for me on Maschine as well before I updated to 12. I've tried to reinstall it again last night a couple of times and even syncing my REs, but none of that helped..

lowtom

14 Nov 2021

When R11 dropped with RRP available, everything was also working on my end. It is until I run some beta version of Maschine where NI decided to cut off full VST3 support, that those issues started.
I even contacted NI support, they confirmed there is an issue and advised to work with Maschine 2.10.

On my system RRP (AU) can be loaded into Maschine slot but it will not display GUI at all.
:reason: :refill: :re:

RandomNoise

14 Nov 2021

lowtom wrote:
14 Nov 2021
When R11 dropped with RRP available, everything was also working on my end. It is until I run some beta version of Maschine where NI decided to cut off full VST3 support, that those issues started.
I even contacted NI support, they confirmed there is an issue and advised to work with Maschine 2.10.

On my system RRP (AU) can be loaded into Maschine slot but it will not display GUI at all.
Thanks for sharing, hope this can be resolved soon by either side (NI or RS). I've been having a lot of fun using the Reason's racks inside of Maschine.

J2D2

04 Mar 2022

Hi , Sorry to revive and older post but Im having issues loading RRP into Maschine V2.14.7 .
I can select the RRP it shows in the Maschine tab, but the GUI for the rack won't load. I obviously only get the option of the AU plugin as I've been reading about NI not supporting VST3 from 3rd party companies as yet.
Ive only recently purchased Maschine hardware and installed the software so I have no option but to install the latest version of Maschine and I can't try an earlier version where RRP seemed to work just fine.
Ive been a reason user since V1 and Rebirth Rb-338 before that so I don't want to lose my ability to use my Reason instruments in Maschine.

Im on Mac OS 10.15 Catalina, 16gb Ram SSD drive, Reason 11.3.9(d22) and Maschine 2.14.7 and its doing my head in not being able to load RRP.
Ive got an open ticket with NI who are working through it but it seems its been happening before too for other users so Im unsure why its taking them so long to tell me its simply doesn't work or if they have a fix as Im certainly not the only guy thetas had the issue but maybe they forgot the answer !!!!!

Thanks for any help or advice if you managed to solve this issue.

Jay

avasopht
Competition Winner

05 Mar 2022

J2D2 wrote:
04 Mar 2022
Hi , Sorry to revive and older post but Im having issues loading RRP into Maschine V2.14.7 .
I can select the RRP it shows in the Maschine tab, but the GUI for the rack won't load. I obviously only get the option of the AU plugin as I've been reading about NI not supporting VST3 from 3rd party companies as yet.
Ive only recently purchased Maschine hardware and installed the software so I have no option but to install the latest version of Maschine and I can't try an earlier version where RRP seemed to work just fine.
Ive been a reason user since V1 and Rebirth Rb-338 before that so I don't want to lose my ability to use my Reason instruments in Maschine.

Im on Mac OS 10.15 Catalina, 16gb Ram SSD drive, Reason 11.3.9(d22) and Maschine 2.14.7 and its doing my head in not being able to load RRP.
Ive got an open ticket with NI who are working through it but it seems its been happening before too for other users so Im unsure why its taking them so long to tell me its simply doesn't work or if they have a fix as Im certainly not the only guy thetas had the issue but maybe they forgot the answer !!!!!

Thanks for any help or advice if you managed to solve this issue.

Jay
Maybe try running RRP inside something else that can act as a wrapper.

I've been running maschine inside Reason instead. Have you tried they workflow?

J2D2

05 Mar 2022

Yes I have tried running Maschine inside of reason and although its a workaround I was looking to run the Plugin inside machine as a new approach to my workflow. I like some of the ways you can create in Maschine especially with the hardware integration.
I was trying to get away from Reason and try something new, without losing my ability to access the Reason Instruments Ive spent soooooo long learning.

Im not sure of the timeline for VST3 support for 3rd parties inside Maschine but my Mac is at the end of its upgradability anyway as I can't go past Catalina. It might be a matter of waiting and seeing what's happening with M1 chip in the new Macs and then bite the bullet and upgrade the Mac. Hopefully it will all be worked out a bit better by then and I should just be patient and take on learning the NI instruments I have and give Reason a break for a while.

Some users have it working fine and others don't so its frustrating there isn't a direct answer to the issue that can be resolved.

Thanks for your help
Jay

Greg Savage

05 Mar 2022

Ouch, have you reached out to ReasonStudios about this? Hopefully, they get this fixed.
Music Composer/Sound Designer
Music Licensing - Credits

J2D2

09 Mar 2022

Greg Savage wrote:
05 Mar 2022
Ouch, have you reached out to ReasonStudios about this? Hopefully, they get this fixed.
Yes Greg I spent a few weeks going over it with Reason tech support.
Turns out it’s not a reason issue but a problem with NI Maschine. We done a bit of testing and reason wasn’t the issue.

NI are being supportive of the issue and have been good at trying to resolve it.

QVprod

09 Mar 2022

I can confirm if you have a VST host plugin RRP will work through that. I've tried this with Nektarine.

• Information