CombinatorHQ and ReasonStation Archived Files Available for Download

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
StephenHutchinson

10 Nov 2021

This is a continuation of another thread entitled “Is Combinator HQ coming back.” Although both CombinatorHQ and ReasonStation now seem to be entirely defunct, there was a time when they were very active in the Reason community. Having combed through my personal archives, I have come across downloaded patches and files from both entities, and thought I’d share these with the community.

You can download both archives here from my Dropbox folders:

My Combinator HQ Archive

My Reason Station Archive

Enjoy!
:reason: Reason User Since Version 1.0
:refill: Reason Sound Design & Content Creation
Sound Dimension https://www.sounddimension.io

ReFiils: Ambientia Cinematic Soundscapes | String Theory (Friktion) | Algoritmo (Algoritm)

Tinnitus

10 Nov 2021

This is great thanks.
It also leads me to ask a stupid question. How do you organise your patches and refills in reason?

I have one folder for refills sometimes grouped by source of there are many e.g dopetank
I also have another folder for patches and am starting to organise by instrument now ( at risk of songs no longer finding used patches and refills). None of my folders are under the install path for reason.
Is this what others do?

StephenHutchinson

10 Nov 2021

Tinnitus wrote:
10 Nov 2021
This is great thanks.
It also leads me to ask a stupid question. How do you organise your patches and refills in reason?

I have one folder for refills sometimes grouped by source of there are many e.g dopetank
I also have another folder for patches and am starting to organise by instrument now ( at risk of songs no longer finding used patches and refills). None of my folders are under the install path for reason.
Is this what others do?
Hi Tinnitus, you're most welcome. I tend to organise ReFills by alphabetical order... easier to find whatever Refill I need access to... but for loose patches, I tend to organize by Instruments, Effects, Utilities, Players, and Combinators... then subcategorize the Instruments into each Reason instrument in alphabetical order, each Reason effect in alphabetical order, etc. For Combinators, I leave that as a separate category altogether because they contain a variety of instruments and effects, utilities etc.

All of this makes it easy to find and get to the files you need. I'll have shortcuts (Windows) or aliases (Mac) on the desktop so I can get to the files easily. I'm all about efficiency and all this helps a lot. I hope this can be of some use to you. :puf_smile:
:reason: Reason User Since Version 1.0
:refill: Reason Sound Design & Content Creation
Sound Dimension https://www.sounddimension.io

ReFiils: Ambientia Cinematic Soundscapes | String Theory (Friktion) | Algoritmo (Algoritm)

• Information