Amalgam FM / Substractive synth released

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
ekss
RE Developer

04 Nov 2021

Faastwalker wrote:
04 Nov 2021

I really hope RS implement device zoom.
A “hack” on mac is the ctrl+scrolling for screenzoom (or is it cmd?! ) however i use it quite often just for some quick zooming :)

Faastwalker

04 Nov 2021

ekss wrote:
04 Nov 2021
Faastwalker wrote:
04 Nov 2021

I really hope RS implement device zoom.
A “hack” on mac is the ctrl+scrolling for screen zoom (or is it cmd?! ) however i use it quite often just for some quick zooming :)
On Windows 10. I did try detaching the rack, thinking maybe I could just zoom it. But, not surprisingly to be honest, Application Zoom still zooms everything.

RandomNoise

06 Nov 2021

Just in case anyone missed it, I find the wave control on the back to be another awesome feature of this great synth. The possibility to change the oscillators of the 3 operators and alter their character makes it even more versatile and capable of some really cool sounds! :D

In general I feel like EKSS is taking extra care for the details not only on front, but also on the back of the racks 🙌

Gardinski

07 Nov 2021

Oh, for god's sake... When is it going to end?

Just last week, I promised myself I wasn't going to buy any more Reason stuff for a year. I've got everything I could possibly need, and I've just blown FOUR AND A HALF GRAND on tuition fees for a songwriting/production course, so I thought: ''OK - it's time to cut back on rack extensions for a while.''

And then THIS happens... :lol: And it sounds gorgeous.....

WHY did I click that button on the demo? WHY???

At this rate, I'll be reduced to gatecrashing Mr Figg's porridge parties for sustenance before the year is out. :P

Steedus
Competition Winner

07 Nov 2021

Imagine if RS pumped out quality devices like this at the same rate .. R+ would be a no brainer. Just saying.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

07 Nov 2021

Gardinski wrote:
07 Nov 2021

Just last week, I promised myself I wasn't going to buy any more Reason stuff for a year. I've got everything I could possibly need, and I've just blown FOUR AND A HALF GRAND on tuition fees for a songwriting/production course, so I thought: ''OK - it's time to cut back on rack extensions for a while.''

At this rate, I'll be reduced to gatecrashing Mr Figg's porridge parties for sustenance before the year is out. :P
Door’s open. Porridge is on. Whenever you want man.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Gardinski

08 Nov 2021

MrFigg wrote:
07 Nov 2021

Door’s open. Porridge is on. Whenever you want man.
:lol: :lol: :lol: I may take you up on that kind offer one day soon. "Sitars at the ready!!!" :thumbup:

discoman

08 Nov 2021

Hummmmm I am new here... however not new to Reason. Just wondering... I own SineSynth and the Wave Master Synth... what makes this new synth 109 (now in sale 74) Euro worth? I also own Algoritm.

Btw, still loving the ES-01 Analog Synthesizer, first Ekks product that was developed by Robotic Bean.
--- Reasonist Since 2000 ---

ekss
RE Developer

08 Nov 2021

Gardinski wrote:
07 Nov 2021

Amalgam is now available as Rent-to-own, so you can spread out the cost and eat something good in the meantime ;)

BananaSkins

08 Nov 2021

A815D128-5ED7-4BD3-AB49-8D1E27473A1C.png
A815D128-5ED7-4BD3-AB49-8D1E27473A1C.png (49.49 KiB) Viewed 2179 times
How do you get to £99… :?:
Is the last month balanced out at a lower payment of £3.12…?

ekss
RE Developer

08 Nov 2021

BananaSkins wrote:
08 Nov 2021
A815D128-5ED7-4BD3-AB49-8D1E27473A1C.png

How do you get to £99… :?:
Is the last month balanced out at a lower payment of £3.12…?
Not sure, i guess you’re right that it balance out on the last month.

discoman

09 Nov 2021

Bought it! :thumbup: Though… it would love to see some more presets, categorized in folders like bass, leads, pads, keys etc. :?

MarkTarlton

09 Nov 2021

discoman wrote:
09 Nov 2021
Bought it! :thumbup: Though… it would love to see some more presets, categorized in folders like bass, leads, pads, keys etc. :?
I agree, could have used some organization.

littlejam

09 Nov 2021

hello,

i'm on the fence about getting this RE
can anyone state whether you can load your own fm wavetables?
(i think i got this right)

or can this RE load wavetables?

if not, can it be in a future update please?

and it would be great to get MrFigg's porridge recipe please for real

cheers and eat well,

j
littlejamaicastudios
i7 2.8ghz / 24GB ddr3 / Quadro 4000 x 2 / ProFire 610
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49
'i get by with a lot of help from my friends'

discoman

10 Nov 2021

littlejam wrote:
09 Nov 2021
hello,

i'm on the fence about getting this RE
can anyone state whether you can load your own fm wavetables?
(i think i got this right)

or can this RE load wavetables?

if not, can it be in a future update please?

and it would be great to get MrFigg's porridge recipe please for real

cheers and eat well,

j
No you can’t… but you can adjust the wave (op1, 2 & 3) on the back…

dusan.cani

23 Nov 2021

I've encountered a situation where Echo FX is not engaged into the output although it's set via the "intensity" knob:

amalgam-synth2-alt.zip
(1.9 KiB) Downloaded 83 times

Touching the "intensity" knob will bring echo back to the sound. Resaving patch without the touching this knob does not help. But resaving after the knob touch will help.

ekss
RE Developer

23 Nov 2021

dusan.cani wrote:
23 Nov 2021
I've encountered a situation where Echo FX is not engaged into the output although it's set via the "intensity" knob:

amalgam-synth2-alt.zip

Touching the "intensity" knob will bring echo back to the sound. Resaving patch without the touching this knob does not help. But resaving after the knob touch will help.
Strange! Is there a way to recreate the situation?

Steedus
Competition Winner

20 May 2022

Can someone remember (Eric?), was this in the Rewards store before the sale? I've decided I'm going to get it, but I have enough points to grab it there. Fingers crossed it goes back.

ekss
RE Developer

20 May 2022

Steedus wrote:
20 May 2022
Can someone remember (Eric?), was this in the Rewards store before the sale? I've decided I'm going to get it, but I have enough points to grab it there. Fingers crossed it goes back.
I haven't removed anything from the rewards store, not sure I added it earlier?
I can't see any of my REs in the reward store now, could all of them been automatically removed while on sale?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 May 2022

ekss wrote:
20 May 2022
Steedus wrote:
20 May 2022
I haven't removed anything from the rewards store, not sure I added it earlier?
I can't see any of my REs in the reward store now, could all of them been automatically removed while on sale?
All items on sale are removed from the Rewards section until the sale is over.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Steedus
Competition Winner

20 May 2022

All good thanks just couldn’t remember if it was in the rewards section or if I imagined it. Want to use some points finally!

dusan.cani

04 Mar 2024

ekss wrote:
23 Nov 2021
dusan.cani wrote:
23 Nov 2021

amalgam-synth2-alt.zip

Strange! Is there a way to recreate the situation?
Unfortunately, I am not aware of any specific scenario where this bug can be reproduced. But It doesn't seem to be a problem because I've created a lot of new patches since then and I haven't noticed this Echo FX issue again.

However, I noticed another bug with "Chorus - Mix" parameter. Right after the instance of a synth is created, the value of "Chorus - Mix" is not correctly set to zero if this parameter is set to zero via the dedicated MIX knob. Although the knob position is at zero value, there is still some small amount of chorus applied which causes undesired volume boost of the patch. You have to turn the knob up and down back to zero to hear chorus FX at true zero value. This causes problem, because previously saved patches have unstable volume. If you load patch where chorus mix knob is set to zero and knob was not set to different value before patch load on this synth instance, you end up with undesirably louder patch. And in the case of combinator patches, the problem is persistent because every patch load creates always a new instance of the synth so chorus mix parameter is always stuck at the wrong value because it's not set to zero. If there is distortion FX after the synth in the combi, this causes also unwanted change in the character of the distorted sound because of the louder volume coming into the distortion.

The only way to deal with this issue is to ALWAYS set chorus mix knob at the smallest value 0.4% if you don't want to use chorus FX. Since the value is other than zero, it will always be read correctly.

ekss
RE Developer

05 Mar 2024

dusan.cani wrote:
04 Mar 2024

I noticed another bug with "Chorus - Mix" parameter. Right after the instance of a synth is created, the value of "Chorus - Mix" is not correctly set to zero
Thank you for reporting this!
The bug has been fixad and the update have been submitted, it just needs to go through the reason acceptance test and will probably be available in a few days.
I also had a look at the echo but could not find an obvious error, if it stops working again please let me know!

dusan.cani

05 Mar 2024

ekss wrote:
05 Mar 2024

The bug has been fixad and the update have been submitted, it just needs to go through the reason acceptance test and will probably be available in a few days.
Thank you, that is great !

Tiny Montgomery

06 Mar 2024

Any opinions on the Amalgam Cinema patch collection from Loop Depot ? Currently on sale, have nearly picked it up a couple of times.

• Information