Is CombinatorHQ coming back?

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
rokiracune

08 Nov 2021

Does anyone know?

Loque

08 Nov 2021

Wat?
Reason12, Win10

challism

08 Nov 2021

Yeah, what is CombinatorHQ?
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

MarkTarlton

08 Nov 2021

challism wrote:
08 Nov 2021
Yeah, what is CombinatorHQ?
Lizard's old site where he hosted combinators and patches made by the community, it was a great resource.

edit - you can message Lizard and ask him.

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5363

StephenHutchinson

08 Nov 2021

I remember collecting stuff from CombinatorHQ a long time ago. All that I have can be downloaded a Dropbox link here:

My Combinator HQ Archive
Last edited by StephenHutchinson on 10 Nov 2021, edited 1 time in total.
:reason: Reason User Since Version 1.0
:refill: Reason Sound Design & Content Creation
Sound Dimension https://www.sounddimension.io

ReFiils: Ambientia Cinematic Soundscapes | String Theory (Friktion) | Algoritmo (Algoritm)

challism

09 Nov 2021

Thanks for sharing those.

There was a thread a while back with some mentioning of the idea/possibility of RS hosting some kind of community-created Combinator archive (via Companion). viewtopic.php?f=69&t=7524960

I think that would be great. Probably the closest thing to something like CombinatorHQ coming back. RT also has a Combi2 subforum, which will (hopefully) continue to grow. viewforum.php?f=69
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

StephenHutchinson

09 Nov 2021

challism wrote:
09 Nov 2021
Thanks for sharing those.

There was a thread a while back with some mentioning of the idea/possibility of RS hosting some kind of community-created Combinator archive (via Companion). viewtopic.php?f=69&t=7524960

I think that would be great. Probably the closest thing to something like CombinatorHQ coming back. RT also has a Combi2 subforum, which will (hopefully) continue to grow. viewforum.php?f=69
You're most welcome. I wish I had saved more stuff from CombinatorHQ way back in the day, but I think I downloaded the best of the best, if I remember correctly.

That would be great if some kind of Combinator archive could be created and hosted. I don't think it would take up a lot of resources, although maybe a lot of time could be spent curating such a thing perhaps.

I've bookmarked the Combi2 forum and try to visit it weekly to see what's happening, and I've already created a local "ReasonTalk Downloads" folder to house most of what's there already.

ReFiils: Ambientia Cinematic Soundscapes | String Theory (Friktion) | Algoritmo (Algoritm)

joeyluck

09 Nov 2021

I prefer the forum approach.

I like hearing more about the patches. I feel like designers deserve to be heard, deserve the conversation, and should have the ability to manage their Combi patches, whether removing them and/or updating them.

I think organizing a ReFill with designers who want to participate would be a great thing. But archives I feel just result in willy nilly downloads and lack the interaction.

StephenHutchinson

09 Nov 2021

joeyluck wrote:
09 Nov 2021
I prefer the forum approach.

I like hearing more about the patches. I feel like designers deserve to be heard, deserve the conversation, and should have the ability to manage their Combi patches, whether removing them and/or updating them.

I think organizing a ReFill with designers who want to participate would be a great thing. But archives I feel just result in willy nilly downloads and lack the interaction.
I absolutely agree. This would be the ideal solution for sure. :puf_smile:

artmessiah

10 Nov 2021

StephenHutchinson wrote:
08 Nov 2021
I remember collecting stuff from CombinatorHQ a long time ago. All that I have can be downloaded a Dropbox link here:

My Combinator HQ Archive
Thanks for posting these. I found a couple of patches I made years ago but had lost after the original CombinatorHQ went away. The Mighty AKU - Samurai Jack patch was a patch I made I had forgotten about. So glad you downloaded it and I was able to add it back to my collection. :D

StephenHutchinson

10 Nov 2021

artmessiah wrote:
10 Nov 2021
StephenHutchinson wrote:
08 Nov 2021

My Combinator HQ Archive
Thanks for posting these. I found a couple of patches I made years ago but had lost after the original CombinatorHQ went away. The Mighty AKU - Samurai Jack patch was a patch I made I had forgotten about. So glad you downloaded it and I was able to add it back to my collection. :D
Oh wow, I'm so glad to hear this! That is just too cool! :puf_smile: I have a sneaking suspicion that I have more patches from CombinatorHQ somewhere, and I'm going to search every drive I have to see if there is a wider selection of stuff to be found.

EDIT: While looking around for more CombinatorHQ patches, I came across my ReasonStation archive of stuff with over 1,200 files including combis, Dr. Rex, Malstrom, RNS & RPS, RV7000, Scream4, Subtractor, and Thor patches. I looked online to see if ReasonStation is still going but apparently it isn't so if anyone is interested, they can download the above mentioned files here:

My Reason Station Archive

• Information