User of Rewire on 10, question about VST in 12

This forum is for discussing the Reason Rack Plugin, the version of the Reason rack that runs as a VST3, AU, AAX in other DAWs.
dallasknight1

07 Nov 2021

Have a quick question about the workflow in Reason as a VST in Ableton

I currently use Reason 10 rewired in Ableton, I often use RE's such as the Korde Sequencer to play several Synths at a time and i record each synth onto it's own channel in Ableton, is this possible using Reason as a VST? interms of recording multiple clips in multiple channels at the same time

jam-s

07 Nov 2021

Yes it is easily possible. You just have to use an individual instance of the Rack plugin for each track.

dallasknight1

07 Nov 2021

jam-s wrote:
07 Nov 2021
Yes it is easily possible. You just have to use an individual instance of the Rack plugin for each track.
So each individual plugin will all be accessible within the same Reason window? with meta control from one Sequencer RE and cv cables between all channels?

DaveyG

07 Nov 2021

The RRP outputs 16 stereo pairs of audio so you can route each instrument to different outputs in a single instance of the RRP. What I don't know is whether Ableton can split those outputs into different recording channels. You can definitely do it in Studio One, so it works as a concept.

EnochLight

07 Nov 2021

dallasknight1 wrote:
07 Nov 2021
Have a quick question about the workflow in Reason as a VST in Ableton

I currently use Reason 10 rewired in Ableton, I often use RE's such as the Korde Sequencer to play several Synths at a time and i record each synth onto it's own channel in Ableton, is this possible using Reason as a VST? interms of recording multiple clips in multiple channels at the same time
Yes, absolutely - and it's pretty easy to setup in Ableton Live as well (I'm using 11 Lite). 1 single instance of Reason Rack Plugin with a Player loaded can trigger as many other plugins (whether they be VST or Abelton Live's own built-in instruments) to their own tracks as you like, assuming your computer can handle the track count, and you can record multiple tracks at the same time as well. :thumbup: :thumbs_up:

dallasknight1 wrote:
07 Nov 2021
So each individual plugin will all be accessible within the same Reason window? with meta control from one Sequencer RE and cv cables between all channels?
No, each individual plugin (in this example, the VST that you would be controlling with RRP's Players) exists in its own Ableton Live track/clip. Also, you can't run Reason RRP cv cables to other tracks in Ableton Live. That's one of the things you give up with RRP - each instance of RRP is sandboxed from every other instance of RRP on other tracks, and you have to rely on Ableton Live's own routing to make them talk to each other.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

dallasknight1

07 Nov 2021

Thanks for the helpful replies!

And super thanks for Enochlight for my very own video! above and beyond!

• Information