'80s Pure Electronic

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Benedict
Competition Winner

05 Nov 2021

A simple record from me this time. I wanted to work back in the feel of having a keyboard, a couple of pedals, and a 4-track cassette on the floor. Technically this is beyond that seeing it is all Reason 12 but the simplicity, the directness, the lack of fru fru-fulness - just getting an idea down & done.

For the synth spotters, Moon 7 is all TAL Sampler as I was reviewing it at the time. As soon as I heard those oh so familiar sounds that I have on many records from Pop to prog artists) I had to play with them. That Emulator II Timpani!!!

The cover was started in Flowscape then the moons were created in HitFilm Express. Put into Inkscape and compiled. HitFilm Express again so y'all can watch me play video games played in MAME, recorded with OBS.

Official Site: https://benedictroffmarsh.com/2021/11/0 ... ade-games/

:-)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

05 Nov 2021

I'm not always in the mood for this type of music, but I was now. And I enjoyed it. Very spacious and relaxing.
I like the fact that the pacing of the tracks development takes its time. That's something I'm not very good at myself in my own composing. So I appreciate when other people are able to pull that off successfully.

Benedict
Competition Winner

05 Nov 2021

Thanks Mr Addiction

Everything is about how the Story develops. It is about timing. That hilarious joke about someone's dead wife might need to wait a decade or so to go over as intended ;-)

Benedict Roff-Marsh

Benedict
Competition Winner

10 Nov 2021

It's a small thing really but Many Moons has now officially become both my highest & fastest-selling album so far. Numbers are still on the shrinky-dink side but it is passing the threshold that is exciting.

Thanks

Benedict Roff-Marsh

Bloma

10 Nov 2021

Some really nice lush organic sounds on this. It has this very particular aesthetic I like, that reminds me of early 3D games but re-imagined by modern technology. Some of it, for example Moon 7, sounds like some early 90s RPG or something. Also, I love the image of making music on the floor with a couple of synths and a 4 track tape recorder.

Benedict
Competition Winner

10 Nov 2021

Thanks Bloma

Benedict Roff-Marsh

Heater

11 Nov 2021

Nice chilled out vibe to listen to while I'm having my morning coffee. Thanks Benedict.

johnakers

11 Nov 2021

Favorite era of music.

Benedict
Competition Winner

11 Nov 2021

Thanks

Benedict Roff-Marsh

• Information