Remix Carl Craig - 'From Beyond'

Great fun, great prizes! Good luck!
PhillipOrdonez

04 Nov 2021

https://www.loopcloud.com/cloud/campaig ... -challenge

Prices include 1 year of Reason +, an elektron octatrack, a model samples, aiaiai headphones, loopcloud subscription plus more.

WOO

17 Nov 2021

Want to see something hilarious. I wanted to download the stems until I saw how long it was going to take. This is what I get for 90 dollars a month from my internet provider comcast. I live in a rural area and this is my ONLY choice. And to think that with the federal communications act that was signed into law by the clinton administration all homes in America where to be wired with fiber by 2020. And the subsidies to achieve that goal are still added to every phone, internet and cable tv bill. As of last year which total nearly a trillion dollars and not one home has ever been wired with fiber under that agreement. It was used for stock buybacks and large pay raises and bonuses for the people at the top. And if that hasn't been enough money my elected officials tell me that they hope that the 60 plus billion the telecoms just got from the taxpayers will finally get us rural folks some much needed love. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Attachments
Screenshot (46).png
Screenshot (46).png (19.62 KiB) Viewed 4630 times

Michael Z Freeman

21 Nov 2021

How do they know if you used a loopcloud sample ? Mine is pretty obvious but I was expecting to have to put in a link to the sample in their submission form. Also is the uploaded remix supposed to show on my LabelRdar account ?

PhillipOrdonez

21 Nov 2021

WOO wrote:
17 Nov 2021
Want to see something hilarious. I wanted to download the stems until I saw how long it was going to take. This is what I get for 90 dollars a month from my internet provider comcast. I live in a rural area and this is my ONLY choice. And to think that with the federal communications act that was signed into law by the clinton administration all homes in America where to be wired with fiber by 2020. And the subsidies to achieve that goal are still added to every phone, internet and cable tv bill. As of last year which total nearly a trillion dollars and not one home has ever been wired with fiber under that agreement. It was used for stock buybacks and large pay raises and bonuses for the people at the top. And if that hasn't been enough money my elected officials tell me that they hope that the 60 plus billion the telecoms just got from the taxpayers will finally get us rural folks some much needed love. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wow dude. Time to call your representative. This is fucked up. I was paying the equivalent of about 40 USD for 100 Mbps broadband in a small village when I was living in Colombia. You better start voting for those who care about the people from the bottom up, not the top down!

PhillipOrdonez

21 Nov 2021

Michael Z Freeman wrote:
21 Nov 2021
How do they know if you used a loopcloud sample ? Mine is pretty obvious but I was expecting to have to put in a link to the sample in their submission form. Also is the uploaded remix supposed to show on my LabelRdar account ?
I have no idea. I didn't have time to do this unfortunately, I really would like to win an octatrack 😂

Michael Z Freeman

21 Nov 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
21 Nov 2021
Michael Z Freeman wrote:
21 Nov 2021
I have no idea. I didn't have time to do this unfortunately, I really would like to win an octatrack 😂
First I was thinking they'd scan for it based on some Shazam like technology but it's probably taken on good faith that a sample is there somewhere.

It does show on LabelRadar ...
Web capture_21-11-2021_16926_www.labelradar.com.jpeg
Web capture_21-11-2021_16926_www.labelradar.com.jpeg (195.65 KiB) Viewed 4579 times
Godd video - Carl Craig discusses the production of from Beyond

PhillipOrdonez

21 Nov 2021

Yeah, probably, and also they probably know which samples you've downloaded from loopcloud and that way they can tell if you used one or not (if your song is a winning candidate), right?

Michael Z Freeman

21 Nov 2021

Yes, it seems so obvious now, LOL.

PhillipOrdonez

21 Nov 2021

😂

Michael Z Freeman

22 Nov 2021

Interesting ...
Loopmasters
@Loopmasters · 1h
Replying to @MichaelZFreeman
Our 3 winners will have their submissions checked for eligibility by the Loopcloud team. If we can't determine which sample you've used and whether it's from Loopcloud, we'll reach out and ask! If you have any further questions about this at all just let us know.

PhillipOrdonez

22 Nov 2021

Haha! Well done!

You bet they will check the loopcloud account and see which samples you've downloaded and figure out which is the one you've used

WOO

23 Nov 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
21 Nov 2021
WOO wrote:
17 Nov 2021
Wow dude. Time to call your representative. This is fucked up. I was paying the equivalent of about 40 USD for 100 Mbps broadband in a small village when I was living in Colombia. You better start voting for those who care about the people from the bottom up, not the top down!
Dude I've been complaining for 12 years now. I've written my elected representatives both at the state and federal levels as well as the various isp's I've given my money too. So much so that I'm sure on a list of pests to ignore. I get the same canned responses regardless of who's in office about how their working to bring cheap internet to those of us in my part of the world and how they've allocated millions of dollars to make it happen. Its a problem of monopolies. When I moved to this area there were 4 providers. Now only 2 who not surprisingly have the same price structure and bandwidth allotments. My last isp had no bandwith allotments delivered consistently around 5 -10 mbps and cost 79 dollars a month. Comcast bought them out raised the price to 90 dollars and lowered the bandwith to 20 gigs a month and as for speed I get what they give me. So I fight on!

• Information