All RS Rack Extensions are now in the Rewards Shop

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Ottostrom

15 Oct 2021

AttenuationHz wrote:
15 Oct 2021
Yeah... but the point is you can easily see where the confusion is in the screenshots, neither can use the points because they do not have them. They haven't been applied to the balance so they are not a credit things you do not have when they expire will be taken away from the things you do have - all reward points are credited and debited - all of them. There is no "what if's" Points Expire. Points you do not have will expire points that accumulated when you do not have the points of the adjustment added to the total points. If what you are saying is that you received an adjustment and they were added to your total points then this too is not being said by anyone who is confused about the screenshots or any of the letters and words on these pages, but they can easily compare the differences of their screen and the ones posted but choose to be confused then go on about being confused where it has to be explained all over again. :?
I am definitely on the confused side and I'm not gonna feel bad about it either.
Everyone can clearly see in my picture that the adjustment says "28" and not "-28" which by all previous knowledge we have about points means that there should have been 28 point added to my total balance, which is not the case.

AttenuationHz

15 Oct 2021

Ottostrom wrote:
15 Oct 2021
AttenuationHz wrote:
15 Oct 2021
Yeah... but the point is you can easily see where the confusion is in the screenshots, neither can use the points because they do not have them. They haven't been applied to the balance so they are not a credit things you do not have when they expire will be taken away from the things you do have - all reward points are credited and debited - all of them. There is no "what if's" Points Expire. Points you do not have will expire points that accumulated when you do not have the points of the adjustment added to the total points. If what you are saying is that you received an adjustment and they were added to your total points then this too is not being said by anyone who is confused about the screenshots or any of the letters and words on these pages, but they can easily compare the differences of their screen and the ones posted but choose to be confused then go on about being confused where it has to be explained all over again. :?
I am definitely on the confused side and I'm not gonna feel bad about it either.
Everyone can clearly see in my picture that the adjustment says "28" and not "-28" which by all previous knowledge we have about points means that there should have been 28 point added to my total balance, which is not the case.

Well it won't ever be in the minus according to James. But it was likely in the minus when the bug was fixed so that is why it had to be adjusted, I reckon anyone that wasn't in the minus when the bug was fixed has the points credited and those that do not have the credit, their points were not doubled up to keep it positive. Because as we all know -28 to 28 is double the distance of 0 to 28.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

DaveyG

15 Oct 2021

Ottostrom wrote:
15 Oct 2021

It really is not complicated. Those 28 points would already have expired if the software was working correctly but it was not. So they have fixed that software bug and as a result of that fix your account was debited the 28 points that should have expired but in a gesture of fairness RS have opted to add the points back so you have not lost out. So you have exactly the same points as you had before the bug fix, The only difference is that those points will now expire after 12 months.

They could have opted to fix the bug, let the fix expire your points and just said "tough luck". AttHz understands fully how it works but is opting to keep stirring the shit. I'd have booted them a couple of days ago....

Ottostrom

15 Oct 2021

DaveyG wrote:
15 Oct 2021
Ottostrom wrote:
15 Oct 2021

It really is not complicated. Those 28 points would already have expired if the software was working correctly but it was not. So they have fixed that software bug and as a result of that fix your account was debited the 28 points that should have expired but in a gesture of fairness RS have opted to add the points back so you have not lost out. So you have exactly the same points as you had before the bug fix, The only difference is that those points will now expire after 12 months.

They could have opted to fix the bug, let the fix expire your points and just said "tough luck". AttHz understands fully how it works but is opting to keep stirring the shit. I'd have booted them a couple of days ago....
Ah yes, the totally clear and obvious 28 points will expire after 12 months. The same points that I don't have in my balance and that I can't use. Makes total sense!
Look, I get that I might technically have gone from having my total balance being -28 to instead be 0, but there is no reason for them to show me I've gained anything since in practice I've gone from 0 to 0.

AttenuationHz

15 Oct 2021

DaveyG wrote:
15 Oct 2021
Ottostrom wrote:
15 Oct 2021

I'm calling it how it is. I don't understand fully how it works at all neither do others that are confused about how points now work, obviously. If I did understand I wouldn't be asking questions trying to understand how it works. Those points should have expired and didn't that is not on users that were not aware that points even expire and that is also implied in James' original post and subsequent posts, yet is a completely different story in reality. The only thing I do understand is the mathematics of progressively shortening periods of rewards with an adjustment that completely messes up the whole system of rewards, none of this is confirmed or denied btw. Hence why I have been asking questions in the past few posts trying to understand what purchasing anything from RS store will actually reward in the next year with a looming expiration. Where there is a negative deficit then there is no rewards really, can't put it any clearer than that.

No amount of products added will change that so any changes that seemingly make rewards more rewarding mean nothing. You said it yourself earlier in the thread "The adjustment is just a one off to make sure none of us lose out after their bugfix" everyone is losing out if their adjustment takes points away from their balance before any future points expire, the current understanding is points anyone earns are voided when the adjustment expires and again that is still unconfirmed. So you're actually the one stirring the shit, the issue isn't about me, you, or some other 3rd person you seem to think is also replying on my account. It affects too many users and I have no problem taken a position that speaks for the most amount of users at once. I'd suggest you click here if you don't want to see further replies. However you will see a lot more replies other than mine in many other discussions next year and in the coming months because the knock on effect of this change is going to be an issue for both RE developer's and RS's profits as a consequence because rewards have been made more appealing.
Last edited by AttenuationHz on 15 Oct 2021, edited 1 time in total.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

15 Oct 2021

Sshhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Billy+

15 Oct 2021

EnochLight wrote:
13 Oct 2021
Let me put this in words you'll understand: I DON'T CARE. Take it to DM as offered, or submit another ticket to RS - I really don't care. We are tired of reading your mile long paragraphs of "issues" when you were offered a solution but ignored it. Keep it up and you can take a forced hiatus from this place to cool off. OK?
Initially I thought that you was being a bit harsh but now I'm thinking you might have a point :thumbup:
Billy+ wrote:
15 Oct 2021
In fact I hope James comes here as says bollo** to the lot of you I've deleted all your points :thumbup: :lol:

jamespember
Reason Studios

15 Oct 2021

Ottostrom wrote:
15 Oct 2021
DaveyG wrote:
15 Oct 2021

Ah yes, the totally clear and obvious 28 points will expire after 12 months. The same points that I don't have in my balance and that I can't use. Makes total sense!
Look, I get that I might technically have gone from having my total balance being -28 to instead be 0, but there is no reason for them to show me I've gained anything since in practice I've gone from 0 to 0.
Right, I agree going from 0 to 0 is kinda confusing, and we knew adding the adjustment would be kind of odd in some cases (like yours), but to be honest, we still thought it was the better option to add the adjustment, rather than just ship the bug fix and have lots of users lose a bunch of points they thought they had.

Today we found another couple of small things we could do to make this better and clearer, but that's Monday's problem :) Have a great weekend everybody!
Last edited by jamespember on 15 Oct 2021, edited 1 time in total.

jamespember
Reason Studios

15 Oct 2021

DaveyG wrote:
15 Oct 2021
Ottostrom wrote:
15 Oct 2021

So you have exactly the same points as you had before the bug fix, The only difference is that those points will now expire after 12 months.

They could have opted to fix the bug, let the fix expire your points and just said "tough luck".
This is a clear summary of our thinking and why we did this. We didn't want to go the "tough luck" route. Not saying the system is perfect, it's clearly not, but this was a good step to fix up an obvious bug and try make things slightly clearer in terms of showing actual expiry dates.

We'll keep you all in the loop as to when/if we want to make bigger, more drastic changes or improvements.

Billy+

15 Oct 2021

jamespember wrote:
15 Oct 2021
Right, I agree going from 0 to 0 is kinda confusing, and we knew adding the adjustment would be kind of odd in some cases (like yours), but to be honest, we still thought it was the better option to add the adjustment, rather than just ship the bug fix and have lots of users lose a bunch of points they thought they had.

Today we found another couple of small things we could do to make this better and clearer, but that's Monday's problem :) Have a great weekend everybody!
Does that mean we all better spend our points before Monday when you roll out the nullpointsfix.sql script :lol:

Have a nice weekend :thumbup:

Oh did you see my request for a 90 points voucher? Guess it's not going to matter come Monday :lol:

zoidkirb

15 Oct 2021

joeyluck wrote:
15 Oct 2021
I'm having a very hard time following the confusion about the adjustment here.

The adjustment is a credit to your account. It is not a debit and it is not a points total. It is a credit just like any other credit to your rewards.

The adjustment is made because the fix removed points that should've expired. They are a gift. Points that aren't affected by the fix (expiring within the year) will expire when they should—a year from earning them.

The adjustment points are not tied to other points. They are a credit. In other words, seeing that you have x amount of points attributed to an adjustment is no different than seeing 1 point you earned from a purchase. That will of course still be in your records after spending them, just like a bank account. When you redeem points there will be debits for redemptions in your account. The expiration dates do not matter for points used.
Some are confused because they've had points added (adjusted) after they redeemed vouchers, and think magically they should have more points than the total indicates.

Loque

15 Oct 2021

Billy+ wrote:
15 Oct 2021
jamespember wrote:
15 Oct 2021

Does that mean we all better spend our points before Monday when you roll out the nullpointsfix.sql script :lol:

Have a nice weekend :thumbup:

Oh did you see my request for a 90 points voucher? Guess it's not going to matter come Monday :lol:
Still waiting for the 63.55 voucher :?
Reason12, Win10

Billy+

15 Oct 2021

Loque wrote:
15 Oct 2021
That's an odd amount?

Loque

15 Oct 2021

Billy+ wrote:
15 Oct 2021
Loque wrote:
15 Oct 2021
That's an odd amount?
Maybe something is wrong with the Adjusment ;)
Reason12, Win10

Yonatan

16 Oct 2021

Great work with bettering the Reward-system! It went from useless to a functional one. Having more faith than ever when it comes to the Reason ecosystem.

Tinnitus

25 Oct 2021

jamespember wrote:
15 Oct 2021
.. this was a good step to fix up an obvious bug and try make things slightly clearer in terms of showing actual expiry dates.

We'll keep you all in the loop as to when/if we want to make bigger, more drastic changes or improvements.
Just wanted to say thanks for providing the full points list ( instead of the top 5) and also adding in the expiry dates. These gradual improvements are very encouraging.

Just waiting on more items being added to the Rewards as I appear to own 26 out of the 42 on offer ( the remaining 16 don't float my boat, which is a me problem I appreciate).

Keep up the great work team.

craven

25 Oct 2021

It's great that the reward system is being worked on, but as others also asked, why have reward points expire at all?
I know other reward systems also have this function but it's not fun at all :)
:ugeek:

StephenHutchinson

25 Oct 2021

craven wrote:
25 Oct 2021
It's great that the reward system is being worked on, but as others also asked, why have reward points expire at all?
I know other reward systems also have this function but it's not fun at all :)
A week or so ago, I mistakenly clicked on a rewards $25 voucher thingy for a "non-Reason Rewards" RE.. haha.. itchy trigger finger I guess.. and now it will expire. I'm not too worried about it, but actually thought it was an amusing mistake. Lesson learned. :lol:
:reason: Reason User Since Version 1.0
:refill: Reason Sound Design & Content Creation
Sound Dimension https://www.sounddimension.io

ReFiils: Ambientia Cinematic Soundscapes | String Theory (Friktion) | Algoritmo (Algoritm)

jamespember
Reason Studios

26 Oct 2021

Tinnitus wrote:
25 Oct 2021
jamespember wrote:
15 Oct 2021
.. this was a good step to fix up an obvious bug and try make things slightly clearer in terms of showing actual expiry dates.

Just wanted to say thanks for providing the full points list ( instead of the top 5) and also adding in the expiry dates. These gradual improvements are very encouraging.

Just waiting on more items being added to the Rewards as I appear to own 26 out of the 42 on offer ( the remaining 16 don't float my boat, which is a me problem I appreciate).

Keep up the great work team.
Glad to hear it thanks!

MarkTarlton

26 Oct 2021

James has been a HUGE help for me. I recently updated and was having some problems and he got me all straightened out. It's nice to have some presence by an employee of the company that cares about our user experience. Keep up the good work!!

huggermugger

29 Oct 2021

OK, pissed off. I had 110 points. I redeemed 100 points on Oct 27th, the same day that 3 old points were set to expire. After redeeming the 100, I still had 10 left over (correct). Today I logged in and those 3 points set to expire on the 27th have been taken from me, leaving just 7 points. So, where did Props take the 100 redemption from? Do they pull from newer points first?

Seems trivial, but 3 points = a $60 purchase. I have to spend another $60 in the regular store to get those 3 points back.

This is shit.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-10-29 at 10.47.36 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-10-29 at 10.47.36 AM.png (235.23 KiB) Viewed 3240 times
Last edited by huggermugger on 29 Oct 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Loque

29 Oct 2021

Uhhh...nice! Reality shows what the devs never thought about :clap: :thumbup:
Reason12, Win10

honeyBadger

29 Oct 2021

I think they should add a note that $20 is the minimum needed to get a point since they don’t count fractional points.

This part in the page is not accurate:
“Receive 5% back in Reward Points for every purchase you make in the Reason Studios shop“

And 0 point rewards should not show up on the history. Seems like some work to be done still.

EnochLight

29 Oct 2021

huggermugger wrote:
29 Oct 2021
OK, pissed off. I had 110 points. I redeemed 100 points on Oct 27th, the same day that 3 old points were set to expire. After redeeming the 100, I still had 10 left over (correct). Today I logged in and those 3 points set to expire on the 27th have been taken from me, leaving just 7 points. So, where did Props take the 100 redemption from? Do they pull from newer points first?

Seems trivial, but 3 points = a $60 purchase. I have to spend another $60 in the regular store to get those 3 points back.

This is shit.
Maybe reach out to Jamespember via DM and see if he can help you?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

outdatedstandard

29 Oct 2021

I just checked my balance. I noticed that 2 points disappeared for some unknown reason. It was 11 last week and now it is 9.

• Information