Disable rack reveal upon double-clicking VST icon in the sequencer

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
cocoazenith

24 Oct 2021

As the topic title says.

I always double-click on the vst icon in the sequencer for fast access to the plugin.

However this always brings down the rack view, altough i do not need it. Disabling this behaviour or at least
making it optional would spare me a looooot of wasted time, because 10 times out of 10 I close back the rack
view after it comes down, and it gets pretty annoying.

huggermugger

24 Oct 2021

I spend most of my time in the rack anyways, so it doesn't bother me. But your idea is a really good one.

Jackjackdaw

24 Oct 2021

Good one. Also if there is VST in the mixer fx sends it would be good if the VST opened when you click on it in the mixer, instead it just opens the rack and highlights the wrapper.

riemac

24 Oct 2021

Good suggestion. In addition to this it would be great if it would be possible to open a vst with a keyboard shortcut for the selected sequencer lane.

huggermugger

24 Oct 2021

Jackjackdaw wrote:
24 Oct 2021
Good one. Also if there is VST in the mixer fx sends it would be good if the VST opened when you click on it in the mixer, instead it just opens the rack and highlights the wrapper.
Agreed, same with REs. It's like "I clicked on this because I probably want to look at it and edit it so why doesn't it open?".

cocoazenith

24 Oct 2021

Jackjackdaw wrote:
24 Oct 2021
oh, yes, that would be great too!
riemac wrote:
24 Oct 2021
Good suggestion. In addition to this it would be great if it would be possible to open a vst with a keyboard shortcut for the selected sequencer lane.
that would be even better than the double-click.

• Information