A simple improvement: INSERT FX visual indicator for rack mix channels

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
cocoazenith

24 Oct 2021

I wish there was some sort of small visual cue that indicates whether a mixer channel has insert fx added or not.

A colored dot/led would suffice. Or just color the Show Insert FX button differently for tracks that have them.
It would really help me keep things organised.

Sometimes when I open a project that I haven't been working on for a few weeks, I might find out that I don't like the sound and want to check each track to detect the issue. I always tend to forget which channels had inserts and which not and I end up clicking that "show insert fx" a gazzilion times just to check...so a small visual cue would cut the time wasted to do this by 90%.

Edit: of course this request is for people who want to save screen space and don't like to keep their rack fully expanded all the time.

jam-s

24 Oct 2021

That used to be a non-issue in R11 as then it was clear from the insert FX controls on the mixer. If we could get those knobs/buttons back (and mappable to any control in the insert section) this would also address your issue.

deeplink
Competition Winner

24 Oct 2021

Isn't there a little red indicator there, as per each sections of the Mixer, letting you know that it is engaged?
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

Pepin

24 Oct 2021

deeplink wrote:
24 Oct 2021
Isn't there a little red indicator there, as per each sections of the Mixer, letting you know that it is engaged?
Yes, there's still an indicator in the mixer, even with the R12 updates.

cocoazenith

24 Oct 2021

Pepin wrote:
24 Oct 2021
deeplink wrote:
24 Oct 2021
indeed i know remember it and see it. but i would like this functionality to be available in the rack view as well.
Coloring the show insert fx would seem like a nice little touch.

Pepin

24 Oct 2021

cocoazenith wrote:
24 Oct 2021
Pepin wrote:
24 Oct 2021

indeed i know remember it and see it. but i would like this functionality to be available in the rack view as well.
Coloring the show insert fx would seem like a nice little touch.
Yeah understood, I agree it would be a good addition.

• Information