Reason 12.2.1 Release Notes

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Oper-8

23 Oct 2021

I sent a suggestion to James a couple of weeks ago : set up two pages on Reason Studios' website (one for suggestions, another one for bug reports), with sections (UI, Sequencer, Rack Extensions, etc.). Then users could log in, upvote suggestions, and submit bug reports. Therefore the support/tech teams would get everything immediately without having to crawl among heaps of requests by email, or scroll every social network platform, or read all threads on ReasonTalk. And they would know exactly which bugs remain and which features are the most requested.
Sync music : Pond5 | Sound design : Vimeo | Ambient, Downtempo : Oper-8 | Shoegaze, Synthwave : Fake Luxury

plaamook

26 Oct 2021

Oper-8 wrote:
23 Oct 2021
I sent a suggestion to James a couple of weeks ago : set up two pages on Reason Studios' website (one for suggestions, another one for bug reports), with sections (UI, Sequencer, Rack Extensions, etc.). Then users could log in, upvote suggestions, and submit bug reports. Therefore the support/tech teams would get everything immediately without having to crawl among heaps of requests by email, or scroll every social network platform, or read all threads on ReasonTalk. And they would know exactly which bugs remain and which features are the most requested.
That's almost like starting up the old PUF though and they ditched that.
Better chance of them posting a link and running it here maybe.

Sorry Mods...
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

Oper-8

26 Oct 2021

Hmm, I don't think so. I'm not suggesting a forum actually, rather an automated system on one single page, where registered Reason users only could make suggestions and report bugs ; and only once they've logged in to their Reason account. And categories would only be here to maintain a fairly low, or reasonable at least, number of items, and would also avoid having dozens of suggestions scattered everywhere - either here on ReasonTalk, or on various social networks.
More something like a big poll, actually, rather than a forum.
Sync music : Pond5 | Sound design : Vimeo | Ambient, Downtempo : Oper-8 | Shoegaze, Synthwave : Fake Luxury

Pepin

27 Oct 2021

Oper-8 wrote:
26 Oct 2021
Hmm, I don't think so. I'm not suggesting a forum actually, rather an automated system on one single page, where registered Reason users only could make suggestions and report bugs ; and only once they've logged in to their Reason account. And categories would only be here to maintain a fairly low, or reasonable at least, number of items, and would also avoid having dozens of suggestions scattered everywhere - either here on ReasonTalk, or on various social networks.
More something like a big poll, actually, rather than a forum.
I noticed recently RS already had a system like this that was set up for their mobile apps, though it doesn't look like it ever took off:
https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... ity/topics

They call it a "support forum" but it's really more of a ticketing system with voting/comments.
I'm not sure when it was started or why they don't take the same approach for Reason itself.

fceramic

06 Nov 2021

I was excited to get back into Reason after a few years of lousy performance in 10 and 11 (the UI was constantly laggy on my Mac).
While things run smoother it's still a mess. This does not feel like a premium at all. I have audio driver issues, pops, stutters, dropouts etc, weird GUI glitches, still noticeable errors, and blurry elements in this "4k makeover", it's extremely CPU heavy (had to turn off multicore support as it was killing my Macbook), a few voices of Mimic (on tape mode) take up 7% (quite the advanced sampler!), still laggy rack as it needs to load it in for every project etc.
Comparing Reason Studios to Ableton these days is quite embarrassing. At least the Reason plugin seems to work fairly well, so I guess I get the best of both worlds.

• Information