Europa Birds

This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets.
Forum rules
This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets. If you would like to share a patch here as an attachment, you must zip it first. Otherwise you can host your patches elsewhere and share the links here.
nemesjs

21 Oct 2021

Just a little experiment that came out funny enough to make a new Combi skin about it.

I wanted to put most of EUROPA knobs moving on their own at the same time using EUROPA's own modulation LFO and a single CV signal/cable, following the example given by Mattias Gerdt in the last live stream video he did about the new Combinator.
Ended up with the sounds of birds :puf_bigsmile:

Uses a single Europa synth and a Gain RE by Kilohearts (that can be replaced by another gain RE)
Needs to be fed with very low octave holding notes, 2 or 3 for example C-2 + C-1 + C0

Link to the Combi file:
EuropaBirdsByJPF.zip
(470.4 KiB) Downloaded 140 times
Last edited by nemesjs on 21 Oct 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Despondo
Competition Winner

21 Oct 2021

Nice! I love the design. Brings peacefulness to the rack.

Noise
Competition Winner

21 Oct 2021

This is perfect for a stressful day! Thank you!

Ps: lovely artwork :D
Albums: BandCamp | Youtubz: Noise Channel
Projects: P1 Easy Remote Mapping | Personal Refill Sale Store: https://payhip.com/noisesystems | Title Generator! untitled.noiseshadow.com

aeox
Competition Winner

21 Oct 2021

Niceee. Thanks.

Cool to have just for novelty, but will probably end up using this somewhere :D

Ottostrom

21 Oct 2021

Really like your creativity :)
And the backdrop is perfect for it

MrBlue

21 Oct 2021

Very nice, thank's to you...

fieldframe
RE Developer

21 Oct 2021

I love how the typography and illustration style call to mind a bird identification book. Off the wall, yet very tasteful!

TheGodOfRainbows

21 Oct 2021

Brilliant! I love it! Awesome sound design. I really like things like this. Organic environmental sound design. Very cool. I have some experiments making various sounds, and birds is one of them. But I haven't made one that sound this good.

moofi

22 Oct 2021

:thumbs_up: Well done.
Just had bird sounds aswell coming out of Thor + Synchronus recently :-)

BRIGGS

22 Oct 2021

r11s

nemesjs

25 Oct 2021

Despondo wrote:
21 Oct 2021
Nice! I love the design. Brings peacefulness to the rack.
Thanks Despondo! I needed that peacefulness too ;)

nemesjs

25 Oct 2021

Noise wrote:
21 Oct 2021
This is perfect for a stressful day! Thank you!

Ps: lovely artwork :D
Thanks Noise! I usually like more complex skeuomorphic details but in this case a more simple artwork seemed to me to fit better :-)

nemesjs

25 Oct 2021

aeox wrote:
21 Oct 2021
Niceee. Thanks.

Cool to have just for novelty, but will probably end up using this somewhere :D
Thank you aeox! Could be used to fill some sound landscapes I'm sure :thumbup:

nemesjs

25 Oct 2021

Ottostrom wrote:
21 Oct 2021
Really like your creativity :)
And the backdrop is perfect for it
Thanks so much Ottostrom! I thought about a comment someone made on another post about the sliders well integrated into the artwork when I was placing those on top of the lettering! That way one can see they're there but I think they don't clot too much the clear looking of the lettering.

nemesjs

25 Oct 2021

MrBlue wrote:
21 Oct 2021
Very nice, thank's to you...
Thanks MrBlue! I really liked the track you left the link to in your post! Quite an elaborated ambient landscape, well done! :clap:
Maybe you can use the Birds combi in a future ambient track! :D

nemesjs

25 Oct 2021

fieldframe wrote:
21 Oct 2021
I love how the typography and illustration style call to mind a bird identification book. Off the wall, yet very tasteful!
Thanks fieldframe! That was exactly my idea from the moment I heard the sound of birds coming out of EUROPA and I decided to make a Combinator out of it. Join EUROPA logo + The word "BiRDS" in big lettering + several birds side by side that I could find in illustrations from bird books or paintings ;)

nemesjs

25 Oct 2021

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
21 Oct 2021
Brilliant! I love it! Awesome sound design. I really like things like this. Organic environmental sound design. Very cool. I have some experiments making various sounds, and birds is one of them. But I haven't made one that sound this good.
Hey TheGodOfRainbows! Thanks so much for your appraisal! :thumbup: I must confess I got a bit of luck on this one although I also had to tweak the parameters a bit until I found a sweet spot :D
The truth is this patch is highly tweak-able since one starts messing around with the ranges in the Combinator mappings. I'm sure one can get really different sounds from it just by messing with those ranges!

nemesjs

25 Oct 2021

moofi wrote:
22 Oct 2021
:thumbs_up: Well done.
Just had bird sounds aswell coming out of Thor + Synchronus recently :-)
Thanks moofi! :thumbup: I'm inclined to think that if one messes around enough with some synths parameters, bird sounds start to come out one way or another, specially if you start self modulating a lot of them... :puf_bigsmile:

Faastwalker

16 Nov 2021

This is awesome. Love the design and somewhat in awe of Europa doing such nice bird sounds! :o

Steedus
Competition Winner

17 Nov 2021

Thanks for this. I'm working on a album of music with a bit of a jungle/forest theme and this might be interesting to add alongside real birdsong.

• Information