(Breakbeat) Cruel Queen

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Popey
Competition Winner

18 Oct 2021

One from me :-)

Rising Night Wave

18 Oct 2021

fa* nice. love this song. hehe. very well done.
something quite refreshingly new here on RTF.
thumbs up.

the synth bass line is just amazing and gorgeous!

+1 from me
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

Popey
Competition Winner

19 Oct 2021

Rising Night Wave wrote:
18 Oct 2021
fa* nice. love this song. hehe. very well done.
something quite refreshingly new here on RTF.
thumbs up.

the synth bass line is just amazing and gorgeous!

+1 from me
Thanks rising night wave. Enjoyed doing something slightly different (it is just like drum and bass but slower bpm) and gives me more excuse to practice mixing and mastering.

reark

19 Oct 2021

This has a stylish and airy feel. I like it. Makes me think of some model striding through Parisian streets with the camera following at leg level, showing her skirt swishing around.

soundcloud.com/reark
reark.bandcamp.com

Popey
Competition Winner

20 Oct 2021

reark wrote:
19 Oct 2021
This has a stylish and airy feel. I like it. Makes me think of some model striding through Parisian streets with the camera following at leg level, showing her skirt swishing around.

soundcloud.com/reark
reark.bandcamp.com
Thanks Reark. Your image of the parisian streets sounds cool.

Round my part of the uk we sadly don't get models in skirts, more like girls eating gregg's pastries. :lol:

reark

20 Oct 2021

Conceivably such girls might get a derogatory mention in a grime track, or perhaps bassline house suits them... greggs + vodka = ready for club.

strangers
Competition Winner

22 Oct 2021

I agree with Rising Night Wave, really nice work with that bass line. The drums are cool, too. The beat kind of reminds me of some old Sega games. Good stuff.

Popey
Competition Winner

28 Oct 2021

strangers wrote:
22 Oct 2021
I agree with Rising Night Wave, really nice work with that bass line. The drums are cool, too. The beat kind of reminds me of some old Sega games. Good stuff.
Thanks Strangers. All my basslines seem to consist of a sub layer and then top layer bass which i then try and glue together with eq and reason bus comp or ableton glue comp.

Popey
Competition Winner

03 Nov 2022

Listening to a few old tracks i notice so many mistakes in the mix and master...so i remastered this tonight

RTFX

07 Nov 2022

Popey wrote:
03 Nov 2022
Listening to a few old tracks i notice so many mistakes in the mix and master...so i remastered this tonight

I indeed hear a difference compared to the first mix, albeit slightly.
Bit more edgy, brighter highend and its like i hear some more sidechaining.
Nice funky track man!
All my tracks on my YouTube channel⬇️ https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK0j ... P0EoiuUkNO

Chizmata

18 Nov 2022

the beat is fluffy and transparent sounding, the atmosphere put together from many short stabs and techy chords, i like that. the structure is very much like a usual pop song with buildup, break, climax, release and aftermath, that works here. but there's one thing that makes me dislike the track and that is the sample. i'm a very political person and i don't think "cruel queens" should be anything celebrated in art. but thats not musical criticism, everything else is fine!

Popey
Competition Winner

18 Nov 2022

Chizmata wrote:
18 Nov 2022
the beat is fluffy and transparent sounding, the atmosphere put together from many short stabs and techy chords, i like that. the structure is very much like a usual pop song with buildup, break, climax, release and aftermath, that works here. but there's one thing that makes me dislike the track and that is the sample. i'm a very political person and i don't think "cruel queens" should be anything celebrated in art. but thats not musical criticism, everything else is fine!
Thanks for listening and the feedback 👍

The comment about the sample is interesting and totally valid. There is not actually a political message in any sense and I just liked the tone of the woman's voice oblivious to thinking through how the words can be perceived.

It was good you mentioned this as something I have not really thought through before and maybe I should be more aware that somethings may offend or bring negative connotations. That's quite the opposite of what I ever want my music to be.

Chizmata

18 Nov 2022

Popey wrote:
18 Nov 2022
Chizmata wrote:
18 Nov 2022
Thanks for listening and the feedback 👍

The comment about the sample is interesting and totally valid. There is not actually a political message in any sense and I just liked the tone of the woman's voice oblivious to thinking through how the words can be perceived.

It was good you mentioned this as something I have not really thought through before and maybe I should be more aware that somethings may offend or bring negative connotations. That's quite the opposite of what I ever want my music to be.
thats what i supposed ;).

• Information