Tritone Refill (Europa & Grain)

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

19 Oct 2021

Tritone Refill.zip
(304.73 KiB) Downloaded 218 times
Very rarely do I make my own patches from scratch. This is pretty much my first time switching from being focused on writing songs to making patches.
The refill contains 123 patches for Europa and Grain. The categories are Bass, Melody, Pads and Random. No combinator patches.
Most patches except those in the random category are focused on playability.

If anyone wants to check them out, feel free to do so.
I made a demo that includes some of the patches. No added external effects. The patches are shown exactly like they are.

Last edited by TritoneAddiction on 23 Oct 2021, edited 2 times in total.

Ottostrom

19 Oct 2021

Thank you so much Tritone!
I loaded up a bunch of them just to get a general vibe and these seem really great :) They didn't suffer from the "showcase" problem that plagues a lot of the factory soundbank patches, where they try to do too much and end up not being usable without removing a bunch of modulation and pre-programmed effects. I like to have something simple and playable that I can then shape with my own effects and these seem very good for that

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

19 Oct 2021

Ottostrom wrote:
19 Oct 2021
Thank you so much Tritone!
I loaded up a bunch of them just to get a general vibe and these seem really great :) They didn't suffer from the "showcase" problem that plagues a lot of the factory soundbank patches, where they try to do too much and end up not being usable without removing a bunch of modulation and pre-programmed effects. I like to have something simple and playable that I can then shape with my own effects and these seem very good for that
Thanks. I was actually a bit scared to share these since I'm far from an experienced sound designer, so I really appreciate your kind words.
Yep a lot of patches here are pretty simple, but hopefully useful. Most patches only use one oscillator. I rarely go for big super layered, super wide patches myself in my own music, since I find it hard to actually use them in a full mix together with other instruments.

Billy+

19 Oct 2021

Nice work :thumbup:

Just had a quick flick through all of the patches :clap:

Definitely prefer the Europa patches and there's some really interesting stuff in there, I do have one Q) RTFM? ;)

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

19 Oct 2021

Billy+ wrote:
19 Oct 2021
Nice work :thumbup:

Just had a quick flick through all of the patches :clap:

Definitely prefer the Europa patches and there's some really interesting stuff in there, I do have one Q) RTFM? ;)
Thanks man.
The plan was to read the manuals for this, but it didn't happen. :puf_smile: But I did watch RS livestream videos on Europa and Grain, which are pretty thorough.
I do feel like I have a better grasp on these synths after this little patch making period, especially with Europa. RS really did a good job on that one. Very easy to use yet has depth.

moneykube

19 Oct 2021

thank you for sharing these ... will try to check them out as soon as I can...
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

20 Oct 2021

moneykube wrote:
19 Oct 2021
thank you for sharing these ... will try to check them out as soon as I can...
Cool. Hopefully there's something useful in there.

Karim
Competition Winner

20 Oct 2021

Thanks for everything!!!
Early Christmas here! :clap:
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3+ R12  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

ksniod

20 Oct 2021

Thx!

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

23 Oct 2021

I honestly thought refills were pretty much dead and I expected that only 2-3 people would actually download these patches. But since there seems to be a bigger interest I decided to make a patch demo. Of course not all patches are included here, but enough to give an overall view of what the refill is about.
I'll add it to my initial post as well, so that new people viewing this thread can see it.

TheGodOfRainbows

03 Nov 2021

Nice refill Tritone. There's some good meat and potato (as in usable, satisfying and nutritious) patches in here. Thanks for sharing your work!

StephenHutchinson

04 Nov 2021

TritoneAddiction wrote:
19 Oct 2021
Tritone Refill.zip

Very rarely do I make my own patches from scratch. This is pretty much my first time switching from being focused on writing songs to making patches.
The refill contains 123 patches for Europa and Grain. The categories are Bass, Melody, Pads and Random. No combinator patches.
Most patches except those in the random category are focused on playability.

If anyone wants to check them out, feel free to do so.
I made a demo that includes some of the patches. No added external effects. The patches are shown exactly like they are.

TritoneAddiction, thanks for sharing this, much appreciated. I went through then entire ReFill... quite impressive, I must say. :puf_smile:
:reason: Reason User Since Version 1.0
:refill: Reason Sound Design & Content Creation
Sound Dimension https://www.sounddimension.io

ReFiils: Ambientia Cinematic Soundscapes | String Theory (Friktion) | Algoritmo (Algoritm)

kbard

04 Nov 2021

Wow, really good one. This refill is much better than a month of free packs with nonsense content.

It really presents instrument possibilities in a nice playable way. I especially love the fact that you don't rely on FX too much.

Awesome

Ottostrom

04 Nov 2021

The Grain patch "Popping Whisper" has quickly become one of my favorites :)

arnigretar

04 Nov 2021

Just saw this today! Been playing around with those patches from the re-fill and it's great! :clap: Instant fav: glimmering (euro_pad), ready for action (euro_bass), secrets (euro_melody), blissful dream (grain_pad), space traveler (grain_pad) and popping whisper (grain_melody). :refill: quality
https://futuregrapher.bandcamp.com/

Reason 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite, Roland Cloud, Arturia V9, Korg Legacy 3, Soundtoys 5, Waves Mercury, Sonic Charge Bundle, N.I.: Massive, Reaktor 6, FM8. + a lot of Hardware. Windows 7/10.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

04 Nov 2021

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
03 Nov 2021
Nice refill Tritone. There's some good meat and potato (as in usable, satisfying and nutritious) patches in here. Thanks for sharing your work!
Thanks man, appreciate that.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

04 Nov 2021

kbard wrote:
04 Nov 2021
Wow, really good one. This refill is much better than a month of free packs with nonsense content.

It really presents instrument possibilities in a nice playable way. I especially love the fact that you don't rely on FX too much.

Awesome
Thanks.
Yeah I tried to only use the effects when they actually add something. Tried my best not to overdo them. The thinking has been "How will this work in a mix? In the context of things". Of course there's always gonna be some tweaking to make things sit right for every specific song.
Last edited by TritoneAddiction on 04 Nov 2021, edited 1 time in total.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

04 Nov 2021

Ottostrom wrote:
04 Nov 2021
The Grain patch "Popping Whisper" has quickly become one of my favorites :)
Cool.
Would love to hear if you make any music using any patches from this refill. Feel free to share it here in this thread if you want (or in the music section of course). :-)

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

04 Nov 2021

StephenHutchinson wrote:
04 Nov 2021
TritoneAddiction, thanks for sharing this, much appreciated. I went through then entire ReFill... quite impressive, I must say. :puf_smile:
Thanks. Appreciate that. Again I'm a noob in this area so that's really nice to hear.

MarkTarlton

04 Nov 2021

The refill has a lot of good stuff in there. I like that you used Europa and Grain to make all the sounds, it has inspired me to make some music with them. Thanks for sharing!

Ottostrom

04 Nov 2021

TritoneAddiction wrote:
04 Nov 2021
Cool.
Would love to hear if you make any music using any patches from this refill. Feel free to share it here in this thread if you want (or in the music section of course). :-)
I'll can definitely share some demos :)
Both of these use the Popping Whisper patch and I think it fits very nicely even tho they are in different styles:

(They sound pretty harsh cause I haven't done any mixing yet)

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

04 Nov 2021

Ottostrom wrote:
04 Nov 2021
TritoneAddiction wrote:
04 Nov 2021
Cool.
I'll can definitely share some demos :)
Both of these use the Popping Whisper patch and I think it fits very nicely even tho they are in different styles:

(They sound pretty harsh cause I haven't done any mixing yet)
Wow cool. I did not expect that sound to be used in that context. But it definitely works. It's really cool hearing how other people use these sounds.
It must have taken quite a bit of processing to be able to mix that patch in there.

• Information