Kirk went into space.

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Heater

13 Oct 2021

It's amazing.

William Shatner went into space today.

""Everybody in the world needs to do this," the Canadian actor told Mr Bezos after landing back on Earth. "It was unbelievable.

In tears, he added: "What you have given me is the most profound experience. I'm so filled with emotion about what just happened. I hope I never recover from this. I hope I can retain what I feel now. I don't want to lose it."

Well done Kirk.

Billy+

13 Oct 2021

Yeah but is it really space or simply just a massive waste of resources to travel 65k

DaveyG

13 Oct 2021

He went into space loads of times in the 70's. I've seen the documentaries.

challism

13 Oct 2021

Billy+ wrote:
13 Oct 2021
Yeah but is it really space or simply just a massive waste of resources to travel 65k
Touche. Perhaps the title should be changed: Kirk went into Low-Earth Orbit.
I'm curious how well the toupee stayed on his head without all that gravitational force pushing it down.

Also: I did not know he was Canadian.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Billy+

13 Oct 2021

challism wrote:
13 Oct 2021
Billy+ wrote:
13 Oct 2021
I'm curious how well the toupee stayed on his head without all that gravitational force pushing it down.

:lol:

I just find the whole thing a big disappointment "going to space" and it really just goes to prove that celebrities definitely have big wallets and little brains.

And all while us mear mortals are sat in our homes with low energy lights being told to turn electrical devices off at the wall to help save the planet from global warming :clap:

Personally I'm ok with above average temperatures and rising sea levels it will save me time getting to the beach and it will be warmer for longer, but there are other that could be adversely affected due to the over use of carbon emissions which is definitely being wasted on these so-called trips to "space" :thumbup:

MannequinRaces

13 Oct 2021

Billy+ wrote:
13 Oct 2021
challism wrote:
13 Oct 2021

:lol:

I just find the whole thing a big disappointment "going to space" and it really just goes to prove that celebrities definitely have big wallets and little brains.

And all while us mear mortals are sat in our homes with low energy lights being told to turn electrical devices off at the wall to help save the planet from global warming :clap:

Personally I'm ok with above average temperatures and rising sea levels it will save me time getting to the beach and it will be warmer for longer, but there are other that could be adversely affected due to the over use of carbon emissions which is definitely being wasted on these so-called trips to "space" :thumbup:
He went for free. Bezos gave him a seat. Bezos is a Star Trek fan.

BRIGGS

13 Oct 2021

Oh....he still looking for Khan. :puf_smile:

r11s

Billy+

13 Oct 2021

MannequinRaces wrote:
13 Oct 2021
He went for free. Bezos gave him a seat. Bezos is a Star Trek fan.
Well that's a twist I never saw coming!

Wasn't it normally Kirk put the moves on people?

now you're telling me bezos used Kirks chat up line so he could bring a tear to kirks eye ;)

Billy+

13 Oct 2021

StephenHutchinson

14 Oct 2021

challism wrote:
13 Oct 2021
Billy+ wrote:
13 Oct 2021

Yep, he's one of ours... Canadian that is.. as was Scotty.. (James Doohan), eh!
:reason: Reason User Since Version 1.0
:refill: Reason Sound Design & Content Creation
Sound Dimension https://www.sounddimension.io

ReFiils: Ambientia Cinematic Soundscapes | String Theory (Friktion) | Algoritmo (Algoritm)

plaamook

15 Oct 2021

I was actually pretty moved by his reaction upon landing.
I’ve had only a few experiences that really effected me that way and while you could apply all sorts of reasoning to it in the end the experience itself is just beyond all that.
I think talking about kirks mission to low earth orbit in the context of say...global warming...it introduces a scaling problem that’s insurmountable.
On one level it’s true. It’s a waste of resources potentially. Piss in the ocean next to industrial energy wastage. On the other, what price or value can you put on a life changing experience.
I’ll turn a few appliances off for the guy. It was prob worth at least that.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

miscend

17 Oct 2021

Everyone needs to go to space to get some perspective. You can actually see the effects of human activities from up there.

orthodox
RE Developer

17 Oct 2021

One does not need jet propulsion to go to space. You can get yourself space and any perspective you like without leaving the couch.

plaamook

17 Oct 2021

orthodox wrote:
17 Oct 2021
One does not need jet propulsion to go to space. You can get yourself space and any perspective you like without leaving the couch.
I agree W that totally but I’d still go into orbit given the chance.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

• Information