All RS Rack Extensions are now in the Rewards Shop

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
BananaSkins

14 Oct 2021

MarkTarlton wrote:
14 Oct 2021
BananaSkins wrote:
14 Oct 2021

I did the same R11 suite upgrade a few weeks ago; couldn’t believe my luck - over £1000 worth of REs I did not have, free upgrade to R12 and 20 Rewards points added!

If I remember rightly the 20 reward points were added the next time I looked - pretty instant…
Maybe things have changed with the restructure of the Rewards programme?

Enjoy your upgrade and those many extra REs… :thumbs_up:
Thanks for the info! I have been having fun with the new toys, I actually have 81 reward points, so I was hoping to pick something up from the shop too, I have been trialing pattern mutator, but after playing with it and assuming I get enough points I might decide on something else like Algoritm or Friktion.
Same boat as you again, just trialling a few REs before I spend my rewards….
(Christmas come early for us… :thumbup: )

moneykube

14 Oct 2021

although I had over 90 percent of the re's in 11 suite... the ones I didn't have that I wanted, still made the price cheaper then if I bought those re's. If you had none of them... the deal was amazing
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Billy+

14 Oct 2021

MarkTarlton wrote:
14 Oct 2021
BananaSkins wrote:
14 Oct 2021

I did the same R11 suite upgrade a few weeks ago; couldn’t believe my luck - over £1000 worth of REs I did not have, free upgrade to R12 and 20 Rewards points added!

If I remember rightly the 20 reward points were added the next time I looked - pretty instant…
Maybe things have changed with the restructure of the Rewards programme?

Enjoy your upgrade and those many extra REs… :thumbs_up:
Thanks for the info! I have been having fun with the new toys, I actually have 81 reward points, so I was hoping to pick something up from the shop too, I have been trialing pattern mutator, but after playing with it and assuming I get enough points I might decide on something else like Algoritm or Friktion.
Friktion is cool but I'm betting you will have more fun with Algoritm

I have both :thumbs_up:
Last edited by Billy+ on 14 Oct 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Billy+

14 Oct 2021

moneykube wrote:
14 Oct 2021
Billy+ wrote:
14 Oct 2021

Actually I have both RE & VST version of spire and although the vst version is better the RE is basically at the same feature set given the SDK and if you have nothing else to waste reward points on it's a very nice RE.

I did a change log analysis and posted to a thread on RT and a number of us concluded that it's not abandoned just a bit fiddly but ultimately a viable choice if you're an RE only type of person.
will reconsider >thanks
No worries

moneykube

14 Oct 2021

zoidkirb wrote:
13 Oct 2021
I got an adjustment of 85 points and had previously redeemed 100 points. My current balance is sitting at 8.
The adjustment is simply showing points that otherwise would have already expired if the system wasn't bugged.

You don't 'get back' points that have been redeemed.

Not hard for most RT members to understand but I think this extra complication on top of an already convoluted system is gonna confuse a lot of the broader Reason user base.
I know this thread is too long, sorry... perhaps I missed the posts pertaining to this... I believe I had 56 points after buying Algoritm. I really do not understand what the adjustment is supposed to be doing. Can anyone explain this? I am confused what the adjustment did or does.
Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 6.33.00 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 6.33.00 PM.png (53.89 KiB) Viewed 4668 times
if the adjustment expires 2022/10/10> shouldn't the points be more than 58 :? :?: :?:

UPDATE: Sent this message to James as instructed in earlier posts
"I bought Algoritm 2021-09018 for 125 reward points
I believe I had 56( I guess it could have been 53 but I was sure it was 56)so I had approximately 56 points after buying Algoritm... I made 2 purchases adding 3 points which would make the points around 59... The adjustment on 2021-10-11 for 131 reward points then expires on 2022-10-10. I really do not understand what the adjustment is supposed to be doing. If the adjustment expires 2022/10/10> shouldn't the points be 131 more than 58? Seems like it should at least be 189?
Last edited by moneykube on 15 Oct 2021, edited 6 times in total.

moneykube

14 Oct 2021

slightly off topic but it is in relation to a possible re I might get in the rewards shop>
Billy+ wrote:
14 Oct 2021
moneykube wrote:
14 Oct 2021

did the same... noticed they added respire> but since it is abandonware and still has bugs never addressed> I must pass on this one
Actually I have both RE & VST version of spire and although the vst version is better the RE is basically at the same feature set given the SDK and if you have nothing else to waste reward points on it's a very nice RE.

I did a change log analysis and posted to a thread on RT and a number of us concluded that it's not abandoned just a bit fiddly but ultimately a viable choice if you're an RE only type of person.
ReSpire is the only one there I do not have that I was kind of interested in....Fiddly I can do. This statement concerns me a bit>"Some presets may consume a lot of CPU. We are working on optimized version."
Has this been addressed? or is it still going to be addressed? Would the CPU thing cause any major issues with this setup?
Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 6.55.27 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 6.55.27 PM.png (8.64 KiB) Viewed 4662 times
Last edited by moneykube on 14 Oct 2021, edited 3 times in total.

Billy+

14 Oct 2021

All I can say is I'm not spending real money anytime soon with or without vouchers nothing but nothing is going to convert me into a paying customer whilst handing out a win to anyone currently in charge at RS.

The software is bust the service isn't viable customers service in negligible and whoever keeps fixing things should be taken aside and slapped HARD V E R Y HARD :lol:

Billy+

14 Oct 2021

moneykube wrote:
14 Oct 2021
slightly off topic but it is in relation to a possible re I might get in the rewards shop>
Are you referring to ReSpire?

Like I said the original is the option I would suggest using pure and simple, it works in Reason and any other daw.

However if you're looking for spire but you don't like vst's then feature wise the two are on par,

I have patches that kill the dsp in Reason when using the rack extension version that work a whole lot better when using the vst version but for the most part I'm definitely not worried about the RE version and I brought the vst version because I wanted it but I was impressed with the fact that it performed better.

Fact is you should always trial before you buy and I always recommend this

Hope this helps :thumbup:

Oh just to add context I also have vk2 patches that completely spaz out the dsp meter in Reason

moneykube

14 Oct 2021

Billy+ wrote:
14 Oct 2021
Oh just to add context I also have vk2 patches that completely spaz out the dsp meter in Reason
same here... that's why I asked... I guess my first trial is in order... thanks

Billy+

14 Oct 2021

moneykube wrote:
14 Oct 2021
Billy+ wrote:
14 Oct 2021
same here... that's why I asked... I guess my first trial is in order... thanks
No worries

AttenuationHz

15 Oct 2021

moneykube wrote:
14 Oct 2021
zoidkirb wrote:
13 Oct 2021
I got an adjustment of 85 points and had previously redeemed 100 points. My current balance is sitting at 8.
The adjustment is simply showing points that otherwise would have already expired if the system wasn't bugged.

Not hard for most RT members to understand but I think this extra complication on top of an already convoluted system is gonna confuse a lot of the broader Reason user base.
I know this thread is too long, sorry... perhaps I missed the posts pertaining to this... I believe I had 56 points after buying Algoritm. I really do not understand what the adjustment is supposed to be doing. Can anyone explain this? I am confused what the adjustment did or does.Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 6.33.00 PM.png
if the adjustment expires 2022/10/10> shouldn't the points be more than 58 :? :?: :?:

I believe I had 56( I guess it could have been 53 but I was sure it was 56)so I had approximately 56 points after buying Algoritm... I made 2 purchases adding 3 points which would make the points around 59... The adjustment on 2021-10-11 for 131 reward points then expires on 2022-10-10. I really do not understand what the adjustment is supposed to be doing. If the adjustment expires 2022/10/10> shouldn't the points be 131 more than 58? Seems like it should at least be 189?
Perhaps I haven't asked the right questions in all the pages I single-handedly created with this issue... See that 1 point you earned recently, lets say that expires tomorrow. It gets taken away from your balance, Correct? Now lets forget about that for now and next year when your balance increases; i.e. you earn, an arbitrary amount 34 points total. That brings your balance up to 92, yes.

Q1. Is the 131 going to be deducted from the legitimate reward points you have yet to earn and leave you with 0 points.

or

Q2. Will it all be deducted and set your balance to -39.

or

Q3. Will nothing be deducted.

This is where the confusion is and should be addressed for everyone. This is what I've trying to get across with all the paragraphs and pages created, a DM won't resolve that widespread issue if in fact it is an issue. As an aside I dare say RS and 3rd arty dev's would like your €680 from now until next October with purchases.

The fact of the matter is when you get the issue sorted in a DM you're not going to care about what other peoples points are or how their adjustment affects their rewards. A DM fix is the equivalent of getting a Custom Build of r12 with all the bugs in r12 fixed for just you. So if it is a genuine error or deliberately made to deduct or or it won't deduct it still needs to be addressed so everything is cleared up and there is no confusion. Just how many queries and tickets will be created if in fact it does deduct next October. How much damage will that cost RS' reputation, which is already hanging off the cliff. It has taken pages and pages to explain this and it shouldn't have, for that I apologise!

I'll make no apologies for doing what the whole site and every other site like it allows users to do, discuss in a civilised manner. Yet there are exceptions made to rules and guidelines from certain responses here in this thread that are not civilised.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

jamespember
Reason Studios

15 Oct 2021

AttenuationHz wrote:
15 Oct 2021
moneykube wrote:
14 Oct 2021

I know this thread is too long, sorry... perhaps I missed the posts pertaining to this... I believe I had 56 points after buying Algoritm. I really do not understand what the adjustment is supposed to be doing. Can anyone explain this? I am confused what the adjustment did or does.Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 6.33.00 PM.png

Perhaps I haven't asked the right questions in all the pages I single-handedly created with this issue... See that 1 point you earned recently, lets say that expires tomorrow. It gets taken away from your balance, Correct? Now lets forget about that for now and next year when your balance increases; i.e. you earn, an arbitrary amount 34 points total. That brings your balance up to 92, yes.

Q1. Is the 131 going to be deducted from the legitimate reward points you have yet to earn and leave you with 0 points.

or

Q2. Will it all be deducted and set your balance to -39.

or

Q3. Will nothing be deducted.

This is where the confusion is and should be addressed for everyone. This is what I've trying to get across with all the paragraphs and pages created, a DM won't resolve that widespread issue if in fact it is an issue. As an aside I dare say RS and 3rd arty dev's would like your €680 from now until next October with purchases.

The fact of the matter is when you get the issue sorted in a DM you're not going to care about what other peoples points are or how their adjustment affects their rewards. A DM fix is the equivalent of getting a Custom Build of r12 with all the bugs in r12 fixed for just you. So if it is a genuine error or deliberately made to deduct or or it won't deduct it still needs to be addressed so everything is cleared up and there is no confusion. Just how many queries and tickets will be created if in fact it does deduct next October. How much damage will that cost RS' reputation, which is already hanging off the cliff. It has taken pages and pages to explain this and it shouldn't have, for that I apologise!

I'll make no apologies for doing what the whole site and every other site like it allows users to do, discuss in a civilised manner. Yet there are exceptions made to rules and guidelines from certain responses here in this thread that are not civilised.
The 131 point adjustment will expire as a unit 365 days after it was added to your account. Your balance should not go below 0.

AttenuationHz

15 Oct 2021

jamespember wrote:
15 Oct 2021

The 131 point adjustment will expire as a unit 365 days after it was added to your account. Your balance should not go below 0.
But it will be set to 0 right? When the arbitrary 34 points that someone earns expire then - that too will expire future points consecutively right? Can you see the issue with that and why users will not be earning rewards. There is no incentive to earn rewards for 1 year while the adjustment is still in play, that specific change has not made rewards worth earning until you can actually have 1 year for points to be valid. :shock:
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

15 Oct 2021

AttenuationHz. The correction was made for points which had already expired but hadn’t been removed due to the bug. You now have those points left to use for another year until they expire. Any further points earned from today will expire 365 days after they were earned.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

15 Oct 2021

I wish RS would add a free box of hankies to the reward shop so those unhappy folks can dry their eyes and move on with their lives.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

zoidkirb

15 Oct 2021

moneykube wrote:
14 Oct 2021
zoidkirb wrote:
13 Oct 2021

I read it like this:
You had 131 points that should have already expired but were "gifted" back via adjustment. You had 52 points that hadn't expired yet. You spent 125 points on a redemption. You currently are left with 58 remaining points.
I could be wrong, as it's impossible to see back to the full purchase/rewards history.

Billy+

15 Oct 2021

MrFigg wrote:
15 Oct 2021
I wish RS would add a free box of hankies to the reward shop so those unhappy folks can dry their eyes and move on with their lives.
That actually made me laugh out loud :thumbs_up:

Then I read the small print and realised I would have to pay €$£10 for postage and packaging...... :lol:

AttenuationHz

15 Oct 2021

zoidkirb wrote:
15 Oct 2021
moneykube wrote:
14 Oct 2021

I read it like this:
You had 131 points that should have already expired but were "gifted" back via adjustment. You had 52 points that hadn't expired yet. You spent 125 points on a redemption. You currently are left with 58 remaining points.
I could be wrong, as it's impossible to see back to the full purchase/rewards history.
You can see your full purchase history on My Account > Orders. Rewards got introduced around 17th July 2017 so you would have to manually check what each purchase would have given you and also factor in if you received 25 or 50 points to start with as this varied for each user. You can also see if you used vouchers here though it is not going to specify if it was a rewards voucher. The purchase price is listed for the order and an order total will be shown however if an order shows a 25 or 50 discount it is likely it was a rewards voucher. Nothing is being made easier here though who would expect any less than a workaround with Reason.

If the 3 questions are answered, it would be clear what way it will work. Only one question was answered rewards are an absolute value, it can't go into the minus. The answer given was too vague to answer the 3 questions. So follow up questions are needed to clear up more confusion, as opposed to answering the 3 which would have cleared the issue up. It is pretty clear that anyone who has an adjustment, this is what points expired and they still claimed a voucher. I've seen a few peoples reward page's around other places who are also completely confused with what it means. The adjustment expires as a unit so:

Q. What does that mean if an adjustment is 131 and your balance is 58 then 131 expire:

a) Your points are set to 0
b) Your points will remain the same
c) None of the above

joeyluck

15 Oct 2021

I'm having a very hard time following the confusion about the adjustment here.

The adjustment is a credit to your account. It is not a debit and it is not a points total. It is a credit just like any other credit to your rewards.

The adjustment is made because the fix removed points that should've expired. They are a gift. Points that aren't affected by the fix (expiring within the year) will expire when they should—a year from earning them.

The adjustment points are not tied to other points. They are a credit. In other words, seeing that you have x amount of points attributed to an adjustment is no different than seeing 1 point you earned from a purchase. That will of course still be in your records after spending them, just like a bank account. When you redeem points there will be debits for redemptions in your account. The expiration dates do not matter for points used.

Billy+

15 Oct 2021

joeyluck wrote:
15 Oct 2021

The adjustment is a credit to your account. It is not a debit and it is not a points total. It is a credit just like any other credit to your rewards.

The adjustment is made because the fix removed points that should've expired. They are a gift. Points that aren't affected by the fix (expiring within the year) will expire when they should—a year from earning them.

The adjustment points are not tied to other points. They are a credit. In other words, seeing that you have x amount of points attributed to an adjustment is no different than seeing 1 point you earned from a purchase. That will of course still be in your records after spending them, just like a bank account. When you redeem points there will be debits for redemptions in your account. The expiration dates do not matter for points used.
I think looking at the two screen shots posted it's very confusing however as I understand it the adjustments are points that should have expired and instead of RS just removing them they have bundle them into one bunch and given a year to use them.

My account is very easy to understand but it's definitely not worth all this constant what if scenarios just use them or lose them either way it's better than just losing the adjustment.

Billy+

15 Oct 2021

Question for James

Any chance you can add a 90 voucher for RS products?

That way I can use nearly all my points and pay less cash for the refill as I've got no chance of getting to 100 points in the next month when points start expiring?

joeyluck

15 Oct 2021

Billy+ wrote:
15 Oct 2021
Question for James

That way I can use nearly all my points and pay less cash for the refill as I've got no chance of getting to 100 points in the next month when points start expiring?
Custom would be the way to go. Or maybe require REs equate to voucher totals, even if the means price increase lol

Either would at least solve the problem of unused points from a spent voucher.

I have 65 points. The ProjectSAM RE costs 65. I have to earn another 10 points to get the 75 point voucher to spend on a RE that is 65. Ultimately it costs me 75 points anyways...

Of course I'd be more in favor of custom vouchers.

And yes paying money is an option. So I could get a 50 point voucher and spend $15 cash. But like you, I'm just looking for something to spend points on that I don't have and not worth the extra cash.

Billy+

15 Oct 2021

joeyluck wrote:
15 Oct 2021
Billy+ wrote:
15 Oct 2021
Question for James

Custom would be the way to go. Or maybe require REs equate to voucher totals, even if the means price increase lol

Either would at least solve the problem of unused points from a spent voucher.

I have 65 points. The ProjectSAM RE costs 65. I have to earn another 10 points to get the 75 point voucher to spend on a RE that is 65. Ultimately it costs me 75 points anyways...

Of course I'd be more in favor of custom vouchers.

And yes paying money is an option. So I could get a 50 point voucher and spend $15 cash. But like you, I'm just looking for something to spend points on that I don't have and not worth the extra cash.
I've said that from the start

Maybe not in those words but the basic concept, just let me enter points at the checkout and forgo the whole having to claim a voucher.

Oh fyi I have Sam and I'm not that impressed :thumbup:

AttenuationHz

15 Oct 2021

Billy+ wrote:
15 Oct 2021
joeyluck wrote:
15 Oct 2021

I think looking at the two screen shots posted it's very confusing however as I understand it the adjustments are points that should have expired and instead of RS just removing them they have bundle them into one bunch and given a year to use them.

My account is very easy to understand but it's definitely not worth all this constant what if scenarios just use them or lose them either way it's better than just losing the adjustment.
Yeah... but the point is you can easily see where the confusion is in the screenshots, neither can use the points because they do not have them. They haven't been applied to the balance so they are not a credit things you do not have when they expire will be taken away from the things you do have - all reward points are credited and debited - all of them. There is no "what if's" Points Expire. Points you do not have will expire points that accumulated when you do not have the points of the adjustment added to the total points. If what you are saying is that you received an adjustment and they were added to your total points then this too is not being said by anyone who is confused about the screenshots or any of the letters and words on these pages, but they can easily compare the differences of their screen and the ones posted but choose to be confused then go on about being confused where it has to be explained all over again. :?

Billy+

15 Oct 2021

AttenuationHz wrote:
15 Oct 2021
Billy+ wrote:
15 Oct 2021

Yeah... but the point is you can easily see where the confusion is in the screenshots, neither can use the points because they do not have them. They haven't been applied to the balance so they are not a credit things you do not have when they expire will be taken away from the things you do have - all reward points are credited and debited - all of them. There is no "what if's" Points Expire. Points you do not have will expire points that accumulated when you do not have the points of the adjustment added to the total points. If what you are saying is that you received an adjustment and they were added to your total points then this too is not being said by anyone who is confused about the screenshots or any of the letters and words on these pages, but they can easily compare the differences of their screen and the ones posted but choose to be confused then go on about being confused where it has to be explained all over again. :?
My understanding is that although they haven't been added they also haven't been removed and in fact what has happened is you have been given an extension to the expiry.

Either way I honestly don't care about the rewards section, I own every RS product listed apart from the refills (thanks James for adding them) and I really wouldn't care less if they had removed the entire section and scrapped the points.

In fact I hope James comes here as says bollo** to the lot of you I've deleted all your points :thumbup: :lol:

• Information