All RS Rack Extensions are now in the Rewards Shop

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
jamespember
Reason Studios

12 Oct 2021

Lancaster wrote:
12 Oct 2021
Ah glad this is explained here. Wondering what the Adjustment was all about as it did not make sense with the total at the top.

Does that adjustment need to be shown? I could see that confusing people who don’t visit the forum.

Anyway thanks for updating this system, picked up Friktion for £24! Insane value.
Awesome! Such a great device. Enjoy and have fun!!!!

BananaSkins

12 Oct 2021

jamespember wrote:
12 Oct 2021

Not sure what to make of your last comment though... of course I am aware we have a support team? I don't work in support though, I work in the product team, and I'm offering to help you one-on-one if you like, but that's up to you.
Maybe he is getting mixed up with a guy that used to work in support from Propellerheads also called James? He handled my Rewards queries wayback then….
Ps I wonder if the guy who initially set up the Rewards section has since left RS?

DaveyG

12 Oct 2021

AttenuationHz wrote:
12 Oct 2021

Let's say 11 months from now I earn 50 points in 1 month through spending, what happens to the points that I have earned through that spending? Do they just vanish the following month because of an adjustment of points the previous year. Have y'all even thought that far ahead?
There will be no further adjustments and those 50 points will expire 12 months after you earn them. The adjustment is just a one off to make sure none of us lose out after their bugfix. James is going out of his way to try to help you but you seem to be determined to not be helped!

Billy+

12 Oct 2021

As someone who has never used the rewards system can someone who has answer me this?

How do you receive the voucher code?

go to account and choose the voucher

do I get

A). an on screen code
B). code sent to an email address

Italophile

12 Oct 2021

Billy+ wrote:
12 Oct 2021
As someone who has never used the rewards system can someone who has answer me this?

do I get

A). an on screen code
A.

Italophile

12 Oct 2021

jamespember wrote:
12 Oct 2021
Lancaster wrote:
12 Oct 2021
Ah glad this is explained here. Wondering what the Adjustment was all about as it did not make sense with the total at the top.

Does that adjustment need to be shown? I could see that confusing people who don’t visit the forum.

Anyway thanks for updating this system, picked up Friktion for £24! Insane value.
Awesome! Such a great device. Enjoy and have fun!!!!
Luckily, I visited the rewards page and saw that someone had the sense to add a 75 point voucher. I also got Friktion for £24, just in time too by the look of things!

AttenuationHz

12 Oct 2021

jamespember wrote:
12 Oct 2021
AttenuationHz wrote:
12 Oct 2021

Let's say 11 months from now I earn 50 points in 1 month through spending, what happens to the points that I have earned through that spending? Do they just vanish the following month because of an adjustment of points the previous year. Have y'all even thought that far ahead?

Are you aware that the company you work for has an official support line on the website where users can open tickets to get support. How about you go find the ticket I opened.
Each time points are added to your account (via adjustment or spending), those points expire 365 days later. All points events expire independently, not as a whole. You can now see the expiration date for each batch of points on the Rewards page.

Not sure what to make of your last comment though... of course I am aware we have a support team? I don't work in support though, I work in the product team, and I'm offering to help you one-on-one if you like, but that's up to you.
Rewards were introduce in 2018 yes? So points could only be earned in the past 3 years, points were added to everyone's accounts when Propellerhead Rewards were introduced - this was either 25 points or 50 it varied from user to user. I'm not too sure what I got, I think it was 25. I didn't redeem any until I saw you are looking into reworking rewards.

Lets not mince words here James. Making sure rewards do expire helps no one but RS, it doesn't help users one iota. The right thing to do here would have been to start rewards from scratch being sure everyone is aware of the expiration dates - that is done. Totalling up everyone's points that were not turned into vouchers and give them 1 year to expire from the date of updating the rewards page. Where points did expire without users knowledge it gives these points back - because the users didn't have the knowledge that these points expired. Where users used the points already, in the past year that should have expired - it shows that on their accounts already because when they turned the points into vouchers it was deducted however they are still going to lose points when their adjustment expires. I haven't earned any points in the past 2 years, yet the points that are being adjusted for are expired points that I already turned into vouchers, yet the adjustment is to adjust for those expired points. It makes no sense.

Are you throwing the Support Team under the bus here and saying that support is not part of Reason as a Service or Product. Isn't your job title Head of Services? Support is part of a service and support is absolutely atrocious, there is no communication happening with support! You may be able to buy other users with one on one favours, that won't work on me. I'm here pointing out another mistake that impacts all users.

You have created a paradox for users, It is an easy concept: I earn 50 points legitimately 1 month from the expiration of the 50 point adjustment, this 50 points adjustment that has been made will be deducted from the balance when these points expire - from a genuine balance of 50 reward points if that is what I earn in 1 purchase - so I'll be left with 0 points, or to put it another way - the 50 points I earn through spending have an expiration of 1 month, not 1 year. Also if I earn no points - will my balance be -50 when the adjustment expires. It is the same scenario with the 20 imaginary points added to my account (the one's I supposedly earned when I was not active) - because of the adjustment made they expire soon, they are going to be deducted from a genuine balance. The 5 points I earned a couple of weeks ago are being deducted from because of points I supposedly earned last year. The balance I did have was turned into vouchers when I saw you are looking at reworking rewards because I foresaw something like this happening. So when I upgraded to r12 in the grace period of r11 from r10 in May this year I earned 20 points which was added to a new total, not too sure what reward points were rewarded from as it doesn't show on the page. When I turned the points I had into vouchers this was deducted from the points total obviously, as it should have, when RS changed the way rewards show on the page (1 year of points) a new 20 points upgrade materialised - which is going to be deducted from points that I actually did earn in the past year. The 20 points that are being deducted will deduct from genuine points because only the last 5 results were showing at the time of turning my total points into vouchers. What I earned genuine or not is completely besides the point here.

It is no users fault that RS made a big mistake with reward points by not making sure they expire. I was not aware that rewards expire neither. Many users, as the thread will show were also not aware they expire, however deducting from genuine points because of a mistake RS or Propellerhead made with rewards is not correct at all.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Billy+

12 Oct 2021

Italophile wrote:
12 Oct 2021
Billy+ wrote:
12 Oct 2021

do I get

A). an on screen code
A.
:thumbup: thanks

jamespember
Reason Studios

12 Oct 2021

AttenuationHz wrote:
12 Oct 2021
I haven't earned any points in the past 2 years, yet the points that are being adjusted for are expired points that I already turned into vouchers, yet the adjustment is to adjust for those expired points. It makes no sense. ´
The adjustment is the points from more than one year ago (going back to the start of the rewards program), which were not converted into vouchers, that should technically have been expired, but weren't due to the bug. It is those points that we've added back to your account after the bug fix was deployed. If you're telling me that isn't the case for you, then as I've said twice, DM me so I can take a look. Or, if you'd prefer to go via the support channel and have them sort it for you, that's fine too.

Billy+

12 Oct 2021

jamespember wrote:
12 Oct 2021
The adjustment is the points from more than one year ago (going back to the start of the rewards program), which were not converted into vouchers, that should technically have been expired, but weren't due to the bug. It is those points that we've added back to your account after the bug fix was deployed. If you're telling me that isn't the case for you, then as I've said twice, DM me so I can take a look. Or, if you'd prefer to go via the support channel and have them sort it for you, that's fine too.
Thanks James :thumbup:

Excellent way to start again and although it would be nice to not have any expire date at least you haven't just removed the expired points ;) along with adding more products and increasing the voucher values :clap: excellent job.

What's the chances of seeing Reason upgrade listed?

AttenuationHz

12 Oct 2021

jamespember wrote:
12 Oct 2021
AttenuationHz wrote:
12 Oct 2021
I haven't earned any points in the past 2 years, yet the points that are being adjusted for are expired points that I already turned into vouchers, yet the adjustment is to adjust for those expired points. It makes no sense. ´
It will actually be a widespread problem, whatever adjustment users rewards show is what will be deducted when those points expire. You've introduced a bug with the adjustment except this time points will most definitely expire after less than 1 year, if points should have expired and did not that is on RS - Not users. Especially users that were none the wiser that points do actually expire and converted them prior to the adjustment. Depending on what other users accounts show as an adjustment they will never legitimately have 1 year to spend any points they earn because whatever points they do earn their adjustment will be deducted when that expires. So if a users account shows 10 adjustment, and then they earn 30 points say in the coming November; when the 10 points expires the following October they have a shorter period to convert 20 points. Instead of the being able to convert 25 from the 30 points for a €25 voucher, that leaves 5 points in their account. Because of the adjustment that introduced a new bug they can only claim 20 points and there is no 20 points voucher so they have to spend more money to gain 5 points in order to get a 25 voucher. Then when their 30 points expire next November or 5 points remining from the 30, that will be another deduction on rewards earned from purchasing the previous year with the discounted voucher, then when the points they earned from using the discount voucher expires that will be another deduction. There should be no adjustment "that expires" because it null and voids the whole system of rewards and gives a shorter period to claim rewards.

I've already said that that isn't the case, the adjustment shows 50 points for me, and it is not added to the balance it also shows 20 points I supposedly earned when I was not active which will be deducted so it means the 5 points I recently earned will be deducted from. When I earn reward points over the next year through purchases when the 50 points that I don't have expire it will deduct from those legitimate points.
You can go ahead and fix it for everyone instead of just me!
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Loque

12 Oct 2021

beaker-scratching.gif
beaker-scratching.gif (167.49 KiB) Viewed 3311 times
Reason12, Win10

Steedus
Competition Winner

12 Oct 2021

** Genuine comments here. I'm not looking to insult anyone or throw fuel on the fire. I just wanted to say something - obviously just my 2c worth.
AttenuationHz wrote:You've introduced a bug with the adjustment except this time points will most definitely expire after less than 1 year
My adjustment points have a 1 year expiry date - is this not the case with yours? If so you should DM James and he'll look into it.

AttenuationHz wrote:Depending on what other users accounts show as an adjustment they will never legitimately have 1 year to spend any points they earn because whatever points they do earn their adjustment will be deducted when that expires
I think you're getting frustrated with the fact that points can only be redeemed once they hit a certain amount, and depending on the make up of those points, some may expire before others. This is an understandable frustration, but ultimately it's just the nature of how the system works, and has nothing directly to do with the adjustment points. They will expire the same as any others - 1 year from being added to your account. The alternative would've been James fixes the system, and all those points which should've expired suddenly disappear from you account. Now that certainly would've been a bad move.

Keep in mind, RS has no obligation to offer any sort of points system. We are not entitled to a points system by buying their software, it's a option they decided to implement .. and one could certainly argue the implementation wasn't the best but James is doing us all a favour by actively trying to improve it within the bounds of the original plan. Keep in mind, the original plan was set up with agreements from the 3rd party devs who are included in the Rewards store. Any significant changes to how it works would need re-negotiation with them - hence why the larger vouchers are only applicable to RS devices.

AttenuationHz wrote:So if a users account shows 10 adjustment, and then they earn 30 points say in the coming November; when the 10 points expires the following October they have a shorter period to convert 20 points.
I think I get what you mean, but in your example, claiming a voucher of 20 points will be available to the user throughout the full year that those 30 points are active. Now let's just say there was a voucher for 40 points - then sure the user would only be able to claim that while there was 40 points in their account, and if 10 of those points expire 1 month before the other 30, then sure, they will have only had technically 11 months to claim the voucher. This is frustrating for sure, but it doesn't necessarily have anything directly to do with the adjustment points.. it's more a frustration that points expire in the first place, and at different times, right?

AttenuationHz

12 Oct 2021

Steedus wrote:
12 Oct 2021
** Genuine comments here. I'm not looking to insult anyone or throw fuel on the fire. I just wanted to say something - obviously just my 2c worth.
AttenuationHz wrote:You've introduced a bug with the adjustment except this time points will most definitely expire after less than 1 year
My adjustment points have a 1 year expiry date - is this not the case with yours? If so you should DM James and he'll look into it.

AttenuationHz wrote:Depending on what other users accounts show as an adjustment they will never legitimately have 1 year to spend any points they earn because whatever points they do earn their adjustment will be deducted when that expires
I think you're getting frustrated with the fact that points can only be redeemed once they hit a certain amount, and depending on the make up of those points, some may expire before others. This is an understandable frustration, but ultimately it's just the nature of how the system works, and has nothing directly to do with the adjustment points. They will expire the same as any others - 1 year from being added to your account. The alternative would've been James fixes the system, and all those points which should've expired suddenly disappear from you account. Now that certainly would've been a bad move.

Keep in mind, RS has no obligation to offer any sort of points system. We are not entitled to a points system by buying their software, it's a option they decided to implement .. and one could certainly argue the implementation wasn't the best but James is doing us all a favour by actively trying to improve it within the bounds of the original plan. Keep in mind, the original plan was set up with agreements from the 3rd party devs who are included in the Rewards store. Any significant changes to how it works would need re-negotiation with them - hence why the larger vouchers are only applicable to RS devices.

AttenuationHz wrote:So if a users account shows 10 adjustment, and then they earn 30 points say in the coming November; when the 10 points expires the following October they have a shorter period to convert 20 points.
I think I get what you mean, but in your example, claiming a voucher of 20 points will be available to the user throughout the full year that those 30 points are active. Now let's just say there was a voucher for 40 points - then sure the user would only be able to claim that while there was 40 points in their account, and if 10 of those points expire 1 month before the other 30, then sure, they will have only had technically 11 months to claim the voucher. This is frustrating for sure, but it doesn't necessarily have anything directly to do with the adjustment points.. it's more a frustration that points expire in the first place, and at different times, right?
It has everything to do with the adjustment, if there was no adjustment then there would be 1 year - which is a stipulation of the terms. I'm not frustrated with how they are reworked I'm simply pointing out that the rework has shortened the period in which you can claim your reward. I'm also not frustrated that the minimum is 25, that too is being pointed out as a condition of the reworked rewards system and used as an example to explain what is going on. I am frustrated that there is manifested rewards in my account that will expire genuine reward points I have earned. The user should be able to claim the 25 voucher for the whole year but they can't they can only claim it within 11 months because a 10 adjustment expiration means they do have to earn points they shouldn't need to earn. The 50 points adjustment in my account does have a 1 year expiry date yet the time of the year I will be spending the most money and as a consequence receive the reward is shortened by 1 month because of the time frame of the adjustment, however in order for me and any user to earn 50 points they have to spend €1000 or wait 1 year for the whole points system to reset so we can have the 1 year to claim rewards. So if I happen to spend that €1000 come November I earn 50 points, they will expire before the next time I have the chance to go on a spending spree again. I have already opened a ticket James can go find it if he really wants to help. There is no agreement made that whatever is posted here remains private not even in private messages. I'm not sharing any account information with him here.

doze

12 Oct 2021

Yeah, i don't understand why they need to expire now. It's pretty lame.

manisnotabird

13 Oct 2021

Very cool. Had $150 in Rewards and nothing I wanted in the rewards store for a long time. Just picked up Algoritm and Pattern Mutator, for only $19 out of pocket.

joeyluck

13 Oct 2021

The 1 year expiration of points has always been stated. I'm having a hard time following the confusion. Nothing has been shortened, but some expirations have been lengthened.

If you have points that the fix would have removed, those are instead extended (added back as an adjustment). If you have points that would not have expired and disappeared as a result of the fix, those still expire 1 year from when they were earned. They do not expire sooner than a year from which they were earned.

If for example you have points earned from March 2021 that say they expire next month, that is a bug to report. If you have points earned in Nov 2020 that expire next month, Nov 2021, that is how it is supposed to be.

jam-s

13 Oct 2021

The short time span for point expiration (in combination with the limited choice) has been the major design flaw of the rewards programme imho:
The expiration threat in combination with the minimal 25 points voucher and having no on-sale products in the store makes the attempt to save up points for a bargain a futile endeavour as regular sales will get a better deal unless you are a real heavy RE addict who spends 1000+€ a year in the shop.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

13 Oct 2021

Funniest thing with this is that if they hadn’t tried to make it better and just left it in an obscure corner of the shop we wouldn’t have 12 pages of discussion. As evidenced in another thread,some
People didn’t even know it existed and now we’re all going on about limited choice of items, even though there’s more than there was before, voucher limits, even though there’s better choice than there was before, and point expiry, even though that’s always been in place but nobody knew about it. Hahaha. Awesome.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

moneykube

13 Oct 2021

:re:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-10-13 at 5.10.09 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-10-13 at 5.10.09 AM.png (114.09 KiB) Viewed 3183 times
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

EnochLight

13 Oct 2021

huggermugger wrote:
11 Oct 2021
Which part of "DM me and I can take a closer look" don't you understand? We don't want to read about your specific problem. It's between you and Reason Studios (in this case, James).
AttenuationHz wrote:
12 Oct 2021
Are you aware that the company you work for has an official support line on the website where users can open tickets to get support. How about you go find the ticket I opened.
AttenuationHz wrote:
12 Oct 2021
I have already opened a ticket James can go find it if he really wants to help. There is no agreement made that whatever is posted here remains private not even in private messages. I'm not sharing any account information with him here.
Looks like we need some useless mods to step in here!

@AttenuationHz: you've been instructed to take this to DM if you want it looked at deeper. James is trying to do you a favor. Please do so, or continue your issues via your ticket you already opened. Thanks
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Arrant
Competition Winner

13 Oct 2021

My old reward points now show up and expire a year from now. Fair enough, I should manage to spend them by then.

Obviously it would be better if points didn't expire at all, but all in all I think this transition was handled pretty well by RS.

Tweak

13 Oct 2021

Does buying a full Reason license earn points, if so how many?

Billy+

13 Oct 2021

Tweak wrote:
13 Oct 2021
20 points for the full version only, upgrades are not included

You would have to spend at least another €$£100 to earn the next 5 points before you can redeem a voucher and must do so within a year or you lose the points.......

MrFigg
Competition Winner

13 Oct 2021

Billy+ wrote:
13 Oct 2021
Tweak wrote:
13 Oct 2021
20 points for the full version only, upgrades are not included

You would have to spend at least another €$£100 to earn the next 5 points before you can redeem a voucher and must do so within a year or you lose the points.......
Upgrades are included. 20 points.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information