Mimic: Create separate files

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
DMGuy

11 Oct 2021

Hi all. Just watched Ryan’s new video about using Mimic’s slice mode to sample drum instruments. Super fast and easy! My question: Is there an easy way to split the slices into individual wav files? It would be nice to process each drum individually, or at least load each slice into one of the eight banks in multi-slot mode. Again an easy way rather than recording each drum individually. Thanks.
MacBook Pro (i7 16 GB RAM), Reason Suite 11, Logic Pro 10.6, Ableton Live

Oper-8

11 Oct 2021

The only way I can think of is sequencing notes corresponding to the slices you want, then bounce in place, and razor cut the resulting audio clips (or putting each note inside its own clip prior to bouncing), and bounce those new audio clips to new samples.
They really should give Mimic the ability to export (and import REX as well, by the way) !
Sync music : Pond5 | Sound design : Vimeo | Ambient, Downtempo : Oper-8 | Shoegaze, Synthwave : Fake Luxury

Jackjackdaw

12 Oct 2021

If you record in to the sequencer double click to slice edit then export to Rex file you can drag it into NNXT and set each slice to individual outs.

PhillipOrdonez

12 Oct 2021

If it is a loop you are talking about, import it into the 8 slots and set different starting points for each and then you can use the individual outputs for each slot. Obviously you need to use the one mode that allows for playing multiple slots separately.

Ottostrom

12 Oct 2021

I really wish there was an easy way to send individual slices from slice mode to the built in slots in Mimic. Sure, I can drag in the full audio clip in each slot and select them there but that's not as intuitive.

• Information