All RS Rack Extensions are now in the Rewards Shop

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Billy+

11 Oct 2021

joeyluck wrote:
11 Oct 2021
Billy+ wrote:
11 Oct 2021
So how much do I have to spend to earn 9 points?
You earn 5% back in reward points, so it would be $180.

Another simpler math approach for folks is you can multiply the points you need by 20—that is how much you need to spend.
Yeah I found the answer :lol: guess I will be letting all those points expire unfortunately as I can't just use them all at the checkout and pay the difference..... would have probably got the disco refill just for giggles.

joeyluck

11 Oct 2021

Billy+ wrote:
11 Oct 2021
joeyluck wrote:
11 Oct 2021

You earn 5% back in reward points, so it would be $180.

Another simpler math approach for folks is you can multiply the points you need by 20—that is how much you need to spend.
Yeah I found the answer :lol: guess I will be letting all those points expire unfortunately as I can't just use them all at the checkout and pay the difference..... would have probably got the disco refill just for giggles.
You can pay the difference. I mean, that was the only option before for most of the rewards shop, so I assume that they will still take your money.

Unless you mean that you personally can't pay the difference?

joeyluck

11 Oct 2021

James, aside from just doing away with vouchers and having the customer spend points directly, if the voucher stage must remain, can you all just add a custom voucher?

Billy+

11 Oct 2021

joeyluck wrote:
11 Oct 2021
Billy+ wrote:
11 Oct 2021

You can pay the difference. I mean, that was the only option before for most of the rewards shop, so I assume that they will still take your money.

Unless you mean that you personally can't pay the difference?
I can't claim all my points as I'm between vouchers so I would have to claim 75 and pay the extra £24 to buy the £99 refills or spend another £180 to earn the 9 extra points needed and loose 1..

Don't get me wrong I appreciate that the refills got added :clap: and I probably got an extension to expires date again :clap:

But ultimately I would just be buying to use them before they expire so I'm not encouraged to spend real money.

But good on James for listening as always :thumbup: and it's only Monday, maybe by Friday we might just see that option to enter an amount directly at checkout :D

Billy+

11 Oct 2021

joeyluck wrote:
11 Oct 2021
James, aside from just doing away with vouchers and having the customer spend points directly, if the voucher stage must remain, can you all just add a custom voucher?
This would definitely be the best option, I would spend money today £8 if it helps :lol:

WasteLand

11 Oct 2021

joeyluck wrote:
11 Oct 2021
The upgrade used to earn 20 points (which was an exception to the 5% rule). Is that no longer a thing? I don't see it mentioned on the rewards page any longer.
is still a thing, me thinks, was it ever mentioned somewhere???
Win 10 Pro. R11 suite + R12. Nektar Panorama p1. Ryzen 9 5900X. Cubase Pro 11, Bitwig Studio 4.4, Reaper 6.68, Ableton Live 11 Suite. RME Hammerfall DSP Multiface.

https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada

https://soundcloud.com/user-873737123

AttenuationHz

11 Oct 2021

Not only is the adjustment points missing from my balance but I have 20pts which will expire in the next few days that are completely missing also :? :?

Before anything was done to rewards I had 110 points, I redeemed a 25 and 50 to a voucher so that would have left 35, I was awarded another 5 for purchases so that would have brought it up to 40. The update showing more rewards means that that 40 should be 60 with the looming 20 expiration but its not there man. I'm thinking the 50 includes this perhaps and 30 points expired. We got 20 I think when rewards was introduced or was it 10?
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

jamespember
Reason Studios

11 Oct 2021

AttenuationHz wrote:
11 Oct 2021
MrFigg wrote:
11 Oct 2021

The adjustment was to keep your points at what they were.
- This bug meant some users actually were shown a greater number of points than they should've, because some points hadn't expired that should've, but we've just run a rebalance script now to ensure every user gets to keep all those points they had up until now. You'll see an "adjustment" on your rewards page that shows the points we added manually to your accounts.
No, it was to reinitialise points that expired some users accounts didn't show that their points expired. Users were not aware that points expire also that has been fixed so the page clearly shows points do expire. Points that did expire without being notified of the expiration have been reloaded to reflect an adjustment, the adjustment doesn't show on the balance. If there was no adjustment I'd have a negative balance - which would be impossible.
Sorry I'm not quite following, can you elaborate?

As Joey said, the adjustment was to make sure that, the amount of points you had yesterday is still the amount of points you have today. The balance you saw say, yesterday, was technically incorrect (yet caused by a bug on our side, not a users fault), and likely, for many users, too many points. We've fixed it up for the future, but again, made sure that users didn't "lose" any points.

jamespember
Reason Studios

11 Oct 2021

AttenuationHz wrote:
11 Oct 2021
Not only is the adjustment points missing from my balance but I have 20pts which will expire in the next few days that are completely missing also :? :?

Before anything was done to rewards I had 110 points, I redeemed a 25 and 50 to a voucher so that would have left 35, I was awarded another 5 for purchases so that would have brought it up to 40. The update showing more rewards means that that 40 should be 60 with the looming 20 expiration but its not there man. I'm thinking the 50 includes this perhaps and 30 points expired. We got 20 I think when rewards was introduced or was it 10?
A little hard for me to follow there. DM me and I can take a closer look if you want and think something is wrong!

AttenuationHz

11 Oct 2021

jamespember wrote:
11 Oct 2021
AttenuationHz wrote:
11 Oct 2021

A little hard for me to follow there. DM me and I can take a closer look if you want and think something is wrong!
Which part is hard to follow? I had 110 points I redeemed 75 to vouchers before any changes were made, 110 - 75 = 35 + 5 = 40. The adjustment points on the account (50) are not reflected in the balance either, nor is the 20 points - the 20 points expire soon which previously did not show - that was updated with the most recent changes. They are also missing from the balance 40 + 20 + 50 = 110 it doesn't amount to 40. The adjustment expires next year btw which shows as +50 points but is not added to the balance.
This bug meant some users actually were shown a greater number of points than they should've, because some points hadn't expired that should've, but we've just run a rebalance script now to ensure every user gets to keep all those points they had up until now. You'll see an "adjustment" on your rewards page that shows the points we added manually to your accounts.
I haven't kept any points that expired and the 20 points that previously did not show is not added to the balance.

My account never showed more points than I had, however if the 50 is to adjust for expired points or points that were not supposed to be shown why are these not sperate things? If the adjustment is to adjust for that; the 20 points that expire soon do not reflect in the balance I should have; so the balance should be 60 minus the imaginary 50. Looks like Legitimate points that are due to expire are included in an adjustment that was not made.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

honeyBadger

11 Oct 2021

Is the issue with REs less than $10 not rewarding any points fixed now?

honeyBadger

11 Oct 2021

I think your balance is supposed to be the same as before the adjustment was made, the adjustment doesn’t add or remove points, it just resets the clock for your existing points. They fixed the bug with points not expiring so without the adjustment people would have lost points overnight. So if your balance is different from right before they added the adjustment then there may be an issue on your account.

AttenuationHz

11 Oct 2021

Doesn't matter what way I look at it there is either points missing or not accounted for. 40 - 20 (that will expire), leaves 20, when they expire there is 15 points that are not accounted for 20 - 5 (from recent purchases) = 15.
I suspect that the data was not available, because I made no purchase last year when it says I did. If no purchase was made is that 20 points going to expire and be reflected in my account, so it will deduct some made up purchase from my balance basically. Getting double fucked here!

Another thing is the 2 points rewarded where for €32.00 * 5% = 1.6 | 3 points was from €59.00 * 5 % = 2.95, so points get rounded up. Yet when you do make a €9 * 5% = 0.45 doesn't round up to 1, truly ridiculous. Even if it rounded up to 0.5 so it would be possibly to get a point from 2 €9 purchases it would make more sense.... Cue min price being €18 in the next change, :shock:

huggermugger

11 Oct 2021

honeyBadger wrote:
11 Oct 2021
I think your balance is supposed to be the same as before the adjustment was made, the adjustment doesn’t add or remove points, it just resets the clock for your existing points. They fixed the bug with points not expiring so without the adjustment people would have lost points overnight. So if your balance is different from right before they added the adjustment then there may be an issue on your account.
That's correct. The adjustment isn't a gift of points, it's just to prevent people from losing points they didn't know had expired. Your points balance won't change after the adjustment.

huggermugger

11 Oct 2021

AttenuationHz wrote:
11 Oct 2021
jamespember wrote:
11 Oct 2021

Which part is hard to follow? I had 110 points I redeemed 75 to vouchers before any changes were made, 110 - 75 = 35 + 5 = 40. The adjustment points on the account (50) are not reflected in the balance either, nor is the 20 points - the 20 points expire soon which previously did not show - that was updated with the most recent changes. They are also missing from the balance 40 + 20 + 50 = 110 it doesn't amount to 40. The adjustment expires next year btw which shows as +50 points but is not added to the balance.
Which part of "DM me and I can take a closer look" don't you understand? We don't want to read about your specific problem. It's between you and Reason Studios (in this case, James).

Steedus
Competition Winner

11 Oct 2021

AttenuationHz I believe the adjustment points only take into account points that would’ve otherwise have expired had the system been working.

If your 20 points are set to expire in the next few days that means they hadn’t already got to their expiration date, hence why they probably aren’t included in the adjustment points.

Arrant
Competition Winner

12 Oct 2021

joeyluck wrote:
11 Oct 2021
The upgrade used to earn 20 points (which was an exception to the 5% rule). Is that no longer a thing? I don't see it mentioned on the rewards page any longer.
I think it's still a thing. At least it was in the end of September when I bought my upgrade and got 20 points.

Steedus
Competition Winner

12 Oct 2021

Yeah I got 20 from my R12 upgrade a couple of weeks ago.

jamespember
Reason Studios

12 Oct 2021

Steedus wrote:
11 Oct 2021
AttenuationHz I believe the adjustment points only take into account points that would’ve otherwise have expired had the system been working.

If your 20 points are set to expire in the next few days that means they hadn’t already got to their expiration date, hence why they probably aren’t included in the adjustment points.
Exactly. What we did was, we went back 365 days, and took all the points that should've been expired, and added those to your accounts as an adjustment after the bug fixed rolled out, which removed those points from the active balance.

If you are confused or have a specific question, please DM me as I said and we can take a closer look together. It's a little hard to follow specific cases without looking at specific user accounts so I can have the numbers and transactions in front of me. DMs are open :)

Oper-8

12 Oct 2021

Not sure what the devs can do or what big heads will decide for us, but I think it would be way better and easier if you simply removed those 25/50/whatever vouchers (or extend the lowest values to 5 and 10, for instance), and if all products were accessible instead of having a way too limited selection of products.
AFAIC, I don't need any of the devices in the Reward Store, and I have 45 points right now anyway, so I'll have to wait. It's silly. I'd rather spend my points on other interesting REs in the main store, but as it is now, I can't do anything else than spend a €25 voucher - and anyway, there's no device that gets my interest.
Sync music : Pond5 | Sound design : Vimeo | Ambient, Downtempo : Oper-8 | Shoegaze, Synthwave : Fake Luxury

AttenuationHz

12 Oct 2021

jamespember wrote:
12 Oct 2021
Steedus wrote:
11 Oct 2021

Exactly. What we did was, we went back 365 days, and took all the points that should've been expired, and added those to your accounts as an adjustment after the bug fixed rolled out, which removed those points from the active balance.

If you are confused or have a specific question, please DM me as I said and we can take a closer look together. It's a little hard to follow specific cases without looking at specific user accounts so I can have the numbers and transactions in front of me. DMs are open :)
Let's say 11 months from now I earn 50 points in 1 month through spending, what happens to the points that I have earned through that spending? Do they just vanish the following month because of an adjustment of points the previous year. Have y'all even thought that far ahead?

Are you aware that the company you work for has an official support line on the website where users can open tickets to get support. How about you go find the ticket I opened.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

12 Oct 2021

AttenuationHz wrote:
12 Oct 2021
jamespember wrote:
12 Oct 2021

Let's say 11 months from now I earn 50 points in 1 month through spending, what happens to the points that I have earned through that spending? Do they just vanish the following month because of an adjustment of points the previous year. Have y'all even thought that far ahead?

Are you aware that the company you work for has an official support line on the website where users can open tickets to get support. How about you go find the ticket I opened.
What’s with the attitude?! James offered to help you personally here and now.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

WasteLand

12 Oct 2021

AttenuationHz wrote:
12 Oct 2021
jamespember wrote:
12 Oct 2021

i can understand your frustration. the silly walk or drunken walk of Reason Studios the last 1 or 2 years, also got to me. although the analogy with silly walk, well that was fun...

but i have learned, especially from Native Instruments, that DM a or summoning a Native Instruments employee, that is in the right department, works faster and better.

Native Instruments, well, about complaining..... and the complains were valid, NI solved it by; more precense of NI employees, that you could also DM.

this was mainly about Maschine....

so; a message to Reason Studios, more precense on a forum, like james does. and yes, if the frustration is there, but still, james is here, you can DM him, because via support it is always slooooowww...

(well i was a bit frustrated; because i received an email from Reason Studios about Reason+, and the Great Combinator (well so much improved that i actually gonna use them....), but a Reason+ description, in the message and title.
stop harressing us with Reason+, if the database sees you have Reason 12 (and 11 Suite)....)

but still. don't like that rewards will expire. but it is clear now. and i have enough for a €50 voucher, and when black friday comes, i will loose some points, but still enough for that voucher. i will wait if Reason Studios decide in way to compensate, and not only because for compansation, but for a reasonable interaction with your userbase, that Reason Rack Extensions, stay in the Reward Store, when in sale, with of course the sale price.

not only because of the failure of Reason 12, yes i own it, and use it now, trembling. but also for loyal customers, that are now presented with a new fact, again!

why not by the way communicate this via email, to all users, about the Reward Store. not all users are here. or are they??
Win 10 Pro. R11 suite + R12. Nektar Panorama p1. Ryzen 9 5900X. Cubase Pro 11, Bitwig Studio 4.4, Reaper 6.68, Ableton Live 11 Suite. RME Hammerfall DSP Multiface.

https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada

https://soundcloud.com/user-873737123

jamespember
Reason Studios

12 Oct 2021

AttenuationHz wrote:
12 Oct 2021
jamespember wrote:
12 Oct 2021

Each time points are added to your account (via adjustment or spending), those points expire 365 days later. All points events expire independently, not as a whole. You can now see the expiration date for each batch of points on the Rewards page.

Not sure what to make of your last comment though... of course I am aware we have a support team? I don't work in support though, I work in the product team, and I'm offering to help you one-on-one if you like, but that's up to you.

Lancaster

12 Oct 2021

Ah glad this is explained here. Wondering what the Adjustment was all about as it did not make sense with the total at the top.

Does that adjustment need to be shown? I could see that confusing people who don’t visit the forum.

Anyway thanks for updating this system, picked up Friktion for £24! Insane value.

• Information