All RS Rack Extensions are now in the Rewards Shop

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
WOO
Posts: 189
Joined: 07 Aug 2019

Post 06 Oct 2021

jamespember wrote:
14 Sep 2021
joeyluck wrote:
14 Sep 2021
James, I know a big request has been to have Reason upgrades in the rewards shop

It would also be great if there were no max on points allowed in a transaction—which would really encourage customers to buy more REs in the shop to build up more points.
Thx for this, will look into both.
James I just went to my rewards page and I see that 3 of my purchases for 9 dollars each show zero rewards points. What's up with that? If it has something to do with multiple's of 10 dollars why don't you guys lump all the smaller purchases together? That would give me 27 more dollars of purchases. And you should list more than the last five purchases made on the rewards page. In my case the bulk of my rewards don't show up on the list. It required an extra step of going thru the list of my past purchases to find out when my points would expire.
"A man is like a rabbit, you catch him by the ears" La Rochefoucauld

jamespember
Reason Studios
Posts: 1542
Joined: 05 Feb 2020

Post 07 Oct 2021

WOO wrote:
06 Oct 2021
jamespember wrote:
14 Sep 2021


Thx for this, will look into both.
James I just went to my rewards page and I see that 3 of my purchases for 9 dollars each show zero rewards points. What's up with that? If it has something to do with multiple's of 10 dollars why don't you guys lump all the smaller purchases together? That would give me 27 more dollars of purchases. And you should list more than the last five purchases made on the rewards page. In my case the bulk of my rewards don't show up on the list. It required an extra step of going thru the list of my past purchases to find out when my points would expire.
Hey

A fix that makes the expiry dates more clear is on the way out. That should make things much easier. Regarding the first thing about bundling small purchases, sure, I agree. As I've said before in this thread, the entire system could be handled in a much more logical and intuitive way. I'm absolutely looking into what is possible etc.

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 3213
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 07 Oct 2021

jamespember wrote:
07 Oct 2021

A fix that makes the expiry dates more clear is on the way out. That should make things much easier. Regarding the first thing about bundling small purchases, sure, I agree. As I've said before in this thread, the entire system could be handled in a much more logical and intuitive way. I'm absolutely looking into what is possible etc.
Wouldn't the most logical way forward be that rewards don't expire.....
VST 2.4 MIDI It's definitely on the list of todos
Using Reason since version 1 is R11 going to be my final version :shock:

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ Time for a good long sleep ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

User avatar
BananaSkins
Posts: 419
Joined: 29 Sep 2017

Post 07 Oct 2021

Billy+ wrote:
07 Oct 2021
jamespember wrote:
07 Oct 2021

A fix that makes the expiry dates more clear is on the way out. That should make things much easier. Regarding the first thing about bundling small purchases, sure, I agree. As I've said before in this thread, the entire system could be handled in a much more logical and intuitive way. I'm absolutely looking into what is possible etc.
Wouldn't the most logical way forward be that rewards don't expire.....
+1 :thumbs_up:

User avatar
WasteLand
Posts: 107
Joined: 04 Jun 2018

Post 09 Oct 2021

Billy+ wrote:
07 Oct 2021
jamespember wrote:
07 Oct 2021

A fix that makes the expiry dates more clear is on the way out. That should make things much easier. Regarding the first thing about bundling small purchases, sure, I agree. As I've said before in this thread, the entire system could be handled in a much more logical and intuitive way. I'm absolutely looking into what is possible etc.
Wouldn't the most logical way forward be that rewards don't expire.....
+1
Win 10 Pro. R11 suite + R12. Nektar Panorama p1. Ryzen 9 5900X, 32 Gb, 2xNVMe, 2xSSD, 1xHD, gtx 1060 6gb. Cubase Pro 11, Bitwig Studio 4, Reaper 6.x, Ableton Live 11 Suite.

https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada

https://soundcloud.com/user-873737123

User avatar
moneykube
Posts: 2862
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 09 Oct 2021

makes no sense that they expire if you own all but 5 things in there... add more please
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals -

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 9310
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 09 Oct 2021

As far as expiration of points go, I do think that the Google Play shop approach that I mentioned is perfectly acceptable. With that points expire 1 year from your latest points earned. So if you have 10 points that you started with in January 2021, those points expire January 2022. But if you earn 5 points today in October 2021, then your now 15 points will be set to expire October 2022, and so on.

It's important that companies don't have points lingering as a type of debt. So this approach is a good compromise and a way to keep customers engaged in making more purchases. Purchases are made to earn points as well as to keep points and renew expiration dates. It doesn't do away with expiration of points, but also is a good compromise to allow a way to keep points from expiring.

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 3213
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 09 Oct 2021

joeyluck wrote:
09 Oct 2021
As far as expiration of points go, I do think that the Google Play shop approach that I mentioned is perfectly acceptable. With that points expire 1 year from your latest points earned. So if you have 10 points that you started with in January 2021, those points expire January 2022. But if you earn 5 points today in October 2021, then your now 15 points will be set to expire October 2022, and so on.

It's important that companies don't have points lingering as a type of debt. So this approach is a good compromise and a way to keep customers engaged in making more purchases. Purchases are made to earn points as well as to keep points and renew expiration dates. It doesn't do away with expiration of points, but also is a good compromise to allow a way to keep points from expiring.
I think it's much more important that customers who have purchased product and received rewards points have an opportunity to use them, it's not a debt in any sense of the term.

it's unfortunate that the way the rewards section has been implemented has always meant that using reward points has been pointless, it's always been far better value to buy during a sale because of the way points are used, having to claim a voucher to buy something is really the problem and either having to accept a loss or claim a voucher of lower value and paying the difference just makes the whole system a pain.

What happened to adding all RS products to the rewards section?

Still don't see the update on there and still not seeing the RS Refills listed either....

The solution is really simple either make them usable or give up on the idea, I've had Reason just as long as many people here (since version 1) I've collected points just as long as the system was introduced and I've never been able to redeem a single point.
VST 2.4 MIDI It's definitely on the list of todos
Using Reason since version 1 is R11 going to be my final version :shock:

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ Time for a good long sleep ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

User avatar
BananaSkins
Posts: 419
Joined: 29 Sep 2017

Post 09 Oct 2021

Billy+ wrote:
09 Oct 2021
The solution is really simple either make them usable or give up on the idea, I've had Reason just as long as many people here (since version 1) I've collected points just as long as the system was introduced and I've never been able to redeem a single point.
Well said…

Once you have EARNED your ‘Rewards Points’ they should be your property to use when you want…

You shouldn’t be held to Ransom into making more purchases to kept your existing Points / Property alive…
This is just complicating the issue all over again with time-scales…

User avatar
Majestik Monkey
Posts: 668
Joined: 07 Jul 2015

Post 09 Oct 2021

BananaSkins wrote:
09 Oct 2021
Billy+ wrote:
09 Oct 2021
The solution is really simple either make them usable or give up on the idea, I've had Reason just as long as many people here (since version 1) I've collected points just as long as the system was introduced and I've never been able to redeem a single point.
Well said…

Once you have EARNED your ‘Rewards Points’ they should be your property to use when you want…

You shouldn’t be held to Ransom into making more purchases to kept your existing Points / Property alive…
This is just complicating the issue all over again with time-scales…
It's a Business Model' that can work Both ways ' Earning more Reward points by spending ' Just a little at a time ' & yes with limited time to Ca$h in the Rewards!
But of course ' The Model is always in Favour of it's owner , That's Business tho !

Sometimes in the past i have purchased more than one Device in the shop ' Today i could buy either Just ' 1 item or 2 ' & earn enough points to get maybe a 3 rd item ?
So it does work to the purchaser's benefit ' it's what it is...
Ps i got Complex Synth with my Rewards after purchasing R12 Update , So i instantly Cashed in the rewards ,
.......... effectively spending less than 30$ for the Update R12 & Now i have Complex too ' Lol

[ Being held to ransom is a bit OTT ] IMO :puf_bigsmile:

User avatar
WasteLand
Posts: 107
Joined: 04 Jun 2018

Post 10 Oct 2021

Majestik Monkey wrote:
09 Oct 2021
BananaSkins wrote:
09 Oct 2021

Well said…

Once you have EARNED your ‘Rewards Points’ they should be your property to use when you want…

You shouldn’t be held to Ransom into making more purchases to kept your existing Points / Property alive…
This is just complicating the issue all over again with time-scales…
It's a Business Model' that can work Both ways ' Earning more Reward points by spending ' Just a little at a time ' & yes with limited time to Ca$h in the Rewards!
But of course ' The Model is always in Favour of it's owner , That's Business tho !

Sometimes in the past i have purchased more than one Device in the shop ' Today i could buy either Just ' 1 item or 2 ' & earn enough points to get maybe a 3 rd item ?
So it does work to the purchaser's benefit ' it's what it is...
Ps i got Complex Synth with my Rewards after purchasing R12 Update , So i instantly Cashed in the rewards ,
.......... effectively spending less than 30$ for the Update R12 & Now i have Complex too ' Lol

[ Being held to ransom is a bit OTT ] IMO :puf_bigsmile:
well, the biggest Reward you had was of course 11 Suite, if didn't have the Rack Extensions. best offer, still...

but for all that didn't bought 11 Suite, or owned most or all Rack Extensions, that came with it.. all loyal customers, that bought Reason, Rack Extensions etc.

yes it is business model. of course. but:

1. but Rewards don't seem to expire. or not within the mentioned 365 days.
2. building up Rewards goes slow.
3. it wasn't clear, on the contrary, only this thread made it clear, and that is only those that are visiting ReasonTalk, o well, it is now on the Reward page as well, don't think you will read it, if you don't know it...

4. james does a great job, to be positive, the Reward Store has become much better. so that is great.

and indeed a Reason upgrade gets you 20 points, and if you have more already, you can indeed buy a great Rack Extension.

but simple fact is this: it was never clear, it is now clear. but it seems it does not work.. you don't know when they expire, and well, a little 'gift', for instance buying an unfinished version of Reason... o well.. all is businnes, but that also includes, how you handle your customers. a good businnes knows that...

but i think we repeat a lot her, i do....

perhaps more information is needed, it is a work in progress, the Reward Shop.

there is also; perhaps Rack Extensions, from Reason Studios, might be in the Reward Shop when there is a Sale... that is not clear yet.

so, 2 things:

1. wait, and perhaps loose Rewards.
2. buy, and see that you have gotten a Rack Extension of Reason Studios much cheaper....

this how consumers (what a word, but you must strangely use this jargon) think of course. we all know about Sales, i consider by the way sale prices the real prices. i mentioned it another thread, in fact perhaps they are really the real prices (just like in supermarkets., which is by the way a fact for some products, the sale prices are the real prices, mostly of known brands, and there a lot of them in a supermarket...)...
Win 10 Pro. R11 suite + R12. Nektar Panorama p1. Ryzen 9 5900X, 32 Gb, 2xNVMe, 2xSSD, 1xHD, gtx 1060 6gb. Cubase Pro 11, Bitwig Studio 4, Reaper 6.x, Ableton Live 11 Suite.

https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada

https://soundcloud.com/user-873737123

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 9310
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 10 Oct 2021

Billy+ wrote:
09 Oct 2021
joeyluck wrote:
09 Oct 2021
As far as expiration of points go, I do think that the Google Play shop approach that I mentioned is perfectly acceptable. With that points expire 1 year from your latest points earned. So if you have 10 points that you started with in January 2021, those points expire January 2022. But if you earn 5 points today in October 2021, then your now 15 points will be set to expire October 2022, and so on.

It's important that companies don't have points lingering as a type of debt. So this approach is a good compromise and a way to keep customers engaged in making more purchases. Purchases are made to earn points as well as to keep points and renew expiration dates. It doesn't do away with expiration of points, but also is a good compromise to allow a way to keep points from expiring.
I think it's much more important that customers who have purchased product and received rewards points have an opportunity to use them, it's not a debt in any sense of the term.

it's unfortunate that the way the rewards section has been implemented has always meant that using reward points has been pointless, it's always been far better value to buy during a sale because of the way points are used, having to claim a voucher to buy something is really the problem and either having to accept a loss or claim a voucher of lower value and paying the difference just makes the whole system a pain.

What happened to adding all RS products to the rewards section?

Still don't see the update on there and still not seeing the RS Refills listed either....

The solution is really simple either make them usable or give up on the idea, I've had Reason just as long as many people here (since version 1) I've collected points just as long as the system was introduced and I've never been able to redeem a single point.
I'm only offering the Google Play points example as a suggestion and compromise. If the powers that be say points have to expire, then I'm offering an idea of what I think is a better way to handle that. Going through many of the apps I use that have point systems, many of them incorporate expirations, but also renew those expiration dates with activity. My Chipotle points expire after 6 months of inactivity, but I eat there all the time, so I'm good lol

Maybe this is already how the Reason rewards system is built? We've been told from the beginning that they expire after a year, but most people say that their points haven't expired. Maybe because the expiration date shifts and renews with activity? I can't imagine that every single point earned has its own expiration date?

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 3213
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 10 Oct 2021

joeyluck wrote:
10 Oct 2021
Maybe this is already how the Reason rewards system is built? We've been told from the beginning that they expire after a year, but most people say that their points haven't expired. Maybe because the expiration date shifts and renews with activity? I can't imagine that every single point earned has its own expiration date?
Honestly the expiration of points has never concerned me as I've never felt they've been usable I've never been incentivised to collect any and I'm not just referring to Reason Studios,

however as it's the point of this particular discussion and with the assumption that James wants things to improve for them and the consumer I would definitely prefer that points be indefinitely collected rather than having an arbitrary expiration date and even if RS can't convince 3rd party developers to fully engage it should be relatively simple for RS to enable points to be deducted from there own products directly at the checkout in much the same fashion as say plugin boutique which just works.

I'm always amused when I login as see that I've earned enough virtual cash to purchase something for free and all I need to do is enter the amount straight into the checkout process so if James is truly after a better all round experience he would be onto a winner with PiB's model even if it was exclusively for RS products all of which available in the rewards section I currently own so I have no incentive to collect more points that are unusable unfortunately.

There are some refills that I would like to add to my collection and would definitely be up for using my points on but they are not listed.
IMG_2818.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
VST 2.4 MIDI It's definitely on the list of todos
Using Reason since version 1 is R11 going to be my final version :shock:

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ Time for a good long sleep ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

DJMaytag
Posts: 398
Joined: 17 Jun 2015
Location: Madison, WI

Post 10 Oct 2021

jamespember wrote:
14 Sep 2021
Whilst we are on the topic, what else would you like to see from the Rewards Shop/Loyalty Program in general?
How about (roughly) 10% in rewards for RE subscriptions, to encourage more use of those? It would be nice to get a $1 or $2 reward each month for spending $9 or $19 per month subscribing to various RE's.

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 9310
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 10 Oct 2021

Maybe a way to create incentive for third party devs is to redo the system and make it so that only products by participating devs will earn points?

So for instance, if Kilohearts puts any number of their REs in the rewards shop, then purchasing any of their REs would earn points. There would be a little bit of growing pains as it gets going.

The other solution would be to just open it up and make everything in the shop eligible. Perhaps that would even out the benefits with a potential increase in sales throughout the shop?

But if remaining the way it is now, those devs that participate should be rewarded. I'm not sure what the agreement is now and what they get out of it.

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 3213
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 10 Oct 2021

joeyluck wrote:
10 Oct 2021

The other solution would be to just open it up and make everything in the shop eligible. Perhaps that would even out the benefits with a potential increase in sales throughout the shop?

But if remaining the way it is now, those devs that participate should be rewarded. I'm not sure what the agreement is now and what they get out of it.
I think James said that the agreement with developers would need to be changed before enabled such a move, maybe it would be easy for RS to forgo their earnings from 3rd party developers whilst the 3rd party RE was on offer at least the developer would see a potential increase in sales?

However I still say that RS could easily offer all of there products and could also allow any arbitrary payment to be taken via available rewards much quicker than renegotiating 3rd party contracts...
VST 2.4 MIDI It's definitely on the list of todos
Using Reason since version 1 is R11 going to be my final version :shock:

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ Time for a good long sleep ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

jamespember
Reason Studios
Posts: 1542
Joined: 05 Feb 2020

Post 11 Oct 2021

Here come a bunch of updates to the Rewards shop that just went live:

- Some of our Refills are now in the Rewards shop too https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rewa ... &sort=date

- There was indeed, as many suspected, an issue where some users points were not expiring properly. We have now fixed the bug so that points do expire after 365 days as they should, but we now clarify that on the page. Each "earned point transaction" expires independently, not as a whole. So points earned 6 months ago expire in 6 months, points earned today expire in a years time.

- We also have removed this concept of only showing the last 5 points transactions and now show all of them for the past year, so it should be far easier to follow now.

- This bug meant some users actually were shown a greater number of points than they should've, because some points hadn't expired that should've, but we've just run a rebalance script now to ensure every user gets to keep all those points they had up until now. You'll see an "adjustment" on your rewards page that shows the points we added manually to your accounts.

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 9310
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 11 Oct 2021

jamespember wrote:
11 Oct 2021
Here come a bunch of updates to the Rewards shop that just went live:

- Some of our Refills are now in the Rewards shop too https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rewa ... &sort=date

- There was indeed, as many suspected, an issue where some users points were not expiring properly. We have now fixed the bug so that points do expire after 365 days as they should, but we now clarify that on the page. Each "earned point transaction" expires independently, not as a whole. So points earned 6 months ago expire in 6 months, points earned today expire in a years time.

- We also have removed this concept of only showing the last 5 points transactions and now show all of them for the past year, so it should be far easier to follow now.

- This bug meant some users actually were shown a greater number of points than they should've, because some points hadn't expired that should've, but we've just run a rebalance script now to ensure every user gets to keep all those points they had up until now. You'll see an "adjustment" on your rewards page that shows the points we added manually to your accounts.
Hey James, I still think basing point expiration on inactivity, and having it combined is the way to go.

I'd say that I as a customer would even take a shorter 6 month, combined expiration based on last activity over a 12 month expiration of individual points that expires no matter what.

Everywhere I look, anybody else with a rewards system either has no expiration, or if they do, it is combined and based on inactivity. I trust that the companies of those shops and apps have done their research and understand the incentive for customers to earn more points to keep their points from expiring.

Once a customer feels burned by losing points just racing against the clock, they will lose interest in the system and the idea of trying to earn points.

User avatar
AttenuationHz
Posts: 2052
Joined: 20 Mar 2015
Location: Back of the Rack-1

Post 11 Oct 2021

jamespember wrote:
11 Oct 2021
Here come a bunch of updates to the Rewards shop that just went live:

- Some of our Refills are now in the Rewards shop too https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rewa ... &sort=date

- There was indeed, as many suspected, an issue where some users points were not expiring properly. We have now fixed the bug so that points do expire after 365 days as they should, but we now clarify that on the page. Each "earned point transaction" expires independently, not as a whole. So points earned 6 months ago expire in 6 months, points earned today expire in a years time.

- We also have removed this concept of only showing the last 5 points transactions and now show all of them for the past year, so it should be far easier to follow now.

- This bug meant some users actually were shown a greater number of points than they should've, because some points hadn't expired that should've, but we've just run a rebalance script now to ensure every user gets to keep all those points they had up until now. You'll see an "adjustment" on your rewards page that shows the points we added manually to your accounts.
My page shows an adjustment of 50 but that adjustment doesn't reflect in the actual reward points, balance is still the same as it was.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 7252
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 11 Oct 2021

AttenuationHz wrote:
11 Oct 2021
jamespember wrote:
11 Oct 2021
Here come a bunch of updates to the Rewards shop that just went live:

- Some of our Refills are now in the Rewards shop too https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rewa ... &sort=date

- There was indeed, as many suspected, an issue where some users points were not expiring properly. We have now fixed the bug so that points do expire after 365 days as they should, but we now clarify that on the page. Each "earned point transaction" expires independently, not as a whole. So points earned 6 months ago expire in 6 months, points earned today expire in a years time.

- We also have removed this concept of only showing the last 5 points transactions and now show all of them for the past year, so it should be far easier to follow now.

- This bug meant some users actually were shown a greater number of points than they should've, because some points hadn't expired that should've, but we've just run a rebalance script now to ensure every user gets to keep all those points they had up until now. You'll see an "adjustment" on your rewards page that shows the points we added manually to your accounts.
My page shows an adjustment of 50 but that adjustment doesn't reflect in the actual reward points, balance is still the same as it was.
The adjustment was to keep your points at what they were.
丰2ॐ

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 3213
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 11 Oct 2021

So how much do I have to spend to earn 9 points?
VST 2.4 MIDI It's definitely on the list of todos
Using Reason since version 1 is R11 going to be my final version :shock:

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ Time for a good long sleep ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

User avatar
AttenuationHz
Posts: 2052
Joined: 20 Mar 2015
Location: Back of the Rack-1

Post 11 Oct 2021

MrFigg wrote:
11 Oct 2021
AttenuationHz wrote:
11 Oct 2021


My page shows an adjustment of 50 but that adjustment doesn't reflect in the actual reward points, balance is still the same as it was.
The adjustment was to keep your points at what they were.
- This bug meant some users actually were shown a greater number of points than they should've, because some points hadn't expired that should've, but we've just run a rebalance script now to ensure every user gets to keep all those points they had up until now. You'll see an "adjustment" on your rewards page that shows the points we added manually to your accounts.
No, it was to reinitialise points that expired some users accounts didn't show that their points expired. Users were not aware that points expire also that has been fixed so the page clearly shows points do expire. Points that did expire without being notified of the expiration have been reloaded to reflect an adjustment, the adjustment doesn't show on the balance. If there was no adjustment I'd have a negative balance - which would be impossible.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 3213
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 11 Oct 2021

Billy+ wrote:
11 Oct 2021
So how much do I have to spend to earn 9 points?
:lol:

Found the answer :o
VST 2.4 MIDI It's definitely on the list of todos
Using Reason since version 1 is R11 going to be my final version :shock:

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ Time for a good long sleep ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 9310
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 11 Oct 2021

Billy+ wrote:
11 Oct 2021
So how much do I have to spend to earn 9 points?
You earn 5% back in reward points, so it would be $180.

Another simpler math approach for folks is you can multiply the points you need by 20—that is how much you need to spend.

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 9310
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 11 Oct 2021

The upgrade used to earn 20 points (which was an exception to the 5% rule). Is that no longer a thing? I don't see it mentioned on the rewards page any longer.

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: client6, crimsonwarlock, Google [Bot], Heater, Re8et and 2 guests