use mouse wheel for knobs and fader

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
sdst
Competition Winner

11 Oct 2021

be able to move knobs and fader with the mouse wheel

you can't imagine how good this is

I use it in my other DAW and it's hard when I open Reason and I can't use it

guitfnky

11 Oct 2021

I would be okay if they added this as a toggle-able option, but only if it was an option. this would be terrible from my personal perspective—loathe this feature in other DAWs.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Billy+

11 Oct 2021

Using the mouse wheel for navigation and synth controls could mean your editing synths by mistake?

Currently mouse wheel scrolls up & down or shift scrolling left and right so it would definitely have to be a multiple key press combination for it to not to have any undesirable consequences to the current functionality.

joeyluck

11 Oct 2021

I think having a dedicated controller that does this at a higher resolution is a better experience (such as nob and others). I'm always interested in other options: viewtopic.php?t=7500108

That said, I guess if Reason had the option built-in, incorporating the feature with MIDI controllers as well could be possible without special hardware/software.

I also always forget people still use mice. I can't imagine navigating the rack or any part of Reason with a mouse rather than a touchpad.

guitfnky

11 Oct 2021

Billy+ wrote:
11 Oct 2021
Using the mouse wheel for navigation and synth controls could mean your editing synths by mistake?
exactly. there would undoubtedly be times when I have everything set just right, accidentally fudge the mouse wheel while hovering over something, and forget about it, moving on to another part of the song. then hours or days later, start wondering why x, y, or z doesn’t sound like I remember. can’t use undo to fix that.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

sdst
Competition Winner

11 Oct 2021

when you get used to using it there are no mistakes, I use it in Reaper

only work when you are on a knobs or fader

your fingers don't feel tired of clicking, believe me this is very good

but they can do it as an option

motuscott

11 Oct 2021

Also in Reaper you can lock an instrument or a track, preventing unwanted changes.
Giddy up go, Reason Pony
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

Aquila

11 Oct 2021

I seem to recall someone made a Windows app that did exactly this several years ago. I wonder if it still works?

• Information