Tunecore RS offer

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Yonatan

09 Oct 2021

Got email about some Tunecore RS offer of 30% off. What are your thoughts about this and about Tunecore as a distributor?

Billy+

09 Oct 2021

Tunecore is the standard digital distribution service that most people will have used who self publish but they are more expensive than distrokid and offering fairly standard features either service will have your music available to all streaming services with ease.

If you're seriously looking at distribution and have multiple tracks to release it would definitely be wise to look at distrokid before jumping into tunecore just because RS sent a discount code.

QVprod

09 Oct 2021

I’d recommend against it. Tunecore is unnecessarily expensive for what several other distribution services offer for much less.

gullum

09 Oct 2021

I was looking into tunecore when I released my first digital only single but tought it was to expensive so I went for Amuse.io instead and they are fine for my need

Billy+

09 Oct 2021

gullum wrote:
09 Oct 2021
I was looking into tunecore when I released my first digital only single but tought it was to expensive so I went for Amuse.io instead and they are fine for my need
Amuse looks very reasonable even the pro account seems feasible for anyone who is looking to release several tracks a month.
Pro For the artists. For the pros. The full package.
$59.99 per year
• Release in 10 days
• Unlimited releases
• Major streaming services
• 100% royalties
• Eligible for Fast Forward
• Royalty Splits (0% fee)
• Same day payouts
• Youtube Content ID (0% fee)
• Schedule release date
• Additional stores (Tiktok, IG)
• Pre-save (Spotify)
• 24hr support
• Multiple Artist Profiles
• Team Accounts
• Custom record label
• Statements upon request

How well did it work for you?

gullum

09 Oct 2021

Billy+ wrote:
09 Oct 2021
gullum wrote:
09 Oct 2021
Amuse looks very reasonable even the pro account seems feasible for anyone who is looking to release several tracks a month.

How well did it work for you?
I have the pro and I have released as 2 different artist under same account and it really just works never had problems

fieldframe
RE Developer

09 Oct 2021

TuneCore is the Reason+ of distribution services. You have to keep paying for your music to stay available.

The best service I’ve found is Soundrop. It’s $0.99 per track + 15% cut, and your music stays up forever.

Billy+

09 Oct 2021

gullum wrote:
09 Oct 2021
I have the pro and I have released as 2 different artist under same account and it really just works never had problems
Any hidden costs or inflated renewal charges?

Seems like RS has chosen completely the wrong promotion for digital distribution

Billy+

09 Oct 2021

fieldframe wrote:
09 Oct 2021
TuneCore is the Reason+ of distribution services. You have to keep paying for your music to stay available.

The best service I’ve found is Soundrop. It’s $0.99 per track + 15% cut, and your music stays up forever.
That's a new one for me and I like what I'm reading.....
we only make money when you make money. And when you do, we keep just 15%.

guitfnky

09 Oct 2021

these kinds of distribution channels sound good until you realize they’re just more subscriptions. I’d rather pay $60 or whatever it is to CDBaby, one time, and know it’ll be available in perpetuity. can’t stand services that keep their hands in your wallet unless they’re absolutely necessary.

probably makes sense for people who put out a lot of music very regularly, but for those of us who are slow movers, these aren’t great options.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

gullum

09 Oct 2021

Billy+ wrote:
09 Oct 2021
gullum wrote:
09 Oct 2021
Any hidden costs or inflated renewal charges?

Seems like RS has chosen completely the wrong promotion for digital distribution
I have had no extra cost of fees what so ever but then again as a amateur I have had none revenue eater :D
Music is not making me a rich man only a very happy man

EnochLight

09 Oct 2021

Yonatan wrote:
09 Oct 2021
Got email about some Tunecore RS offer of 30% off. What are your thoughts about this and about Tunecore as a distributor?
I've used TuneCore for well over a decade for all of my singles and EP's. They're transparent, pretty quick to pay (you keep 70% of everything), and have a well fleshed-out portal for "building" your releases. They're certainly not the cheapest, but they're one of the oldest doing this and have great service.

To be frank, if you're an amateur or hobbyist that likely won't make any money on your music, then I'd definitely consider one of the cheaper options. If you're a professional that makes reasonably good money off of your work, then the cost won't even matter.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

fieldframe
RE Developer

09 Oct 2021

This regularly-updated guide by Ari Herstand is basically the gold standard for comparing music distributors.

https://aristake.com/digital-distribution-comparison/

It’s long, but there are a lot of options, and Ari goes into detail on each one.

Yonatan

11 Oct 2021

Thanks a lot for every input into the matter.
I actually could find myself paying a one time fee instead of annually just to keep it out there.
But if releasing a lot regularly, with quite some streams, a yearly fee seems like a good one.

• Information