Using Older version of reason after upgrading

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
stutter

08 Oct 2021

Hi
I hope someone has some experience with this and can help me, couldn't get a straight answer out of propellerhead support.
Basically, I have an upgrade to the latest version of reason, but would like to know if I could continue to use reason 7 without it sticking me in demo mode on my old computer once I upgrade my license and put reason 12 on my new machine.
I'm keen to know whether or not I'll need to buy a whole new license instead before I try to register the upgrade, so I can just stick to Logic on the new machine for now, until I'm ready to do that.
Any info gratefully received!
Thanks!

plaamook

09 Oct 2021

You should be able to run them together.
Did you delete 7?
If so try downloading it and installing it.
I’m running 11 and 12.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

Billy+

09 Oct 2021

stutter wrote:
08 Oct 2021
Hi
I hope someone has some experience with this and can help me, couldn't get a straight answer out of propellerhead support.
Basically, I have an upgrade to the latest version of reason, but would like to know if I could continue to use reason 7 without it sticking me in demo mode on my old computer once I upgrade my license and put reason 12 on my new machine.
I'm keen to know whether or not I'll need to buy a whole new license instead before I try to register the upgrade, so I can just stick to Logic on the new machine for now, until I'm ready to do that.
Any info gratefully received!
Thanks!

If you are using Reason with machine authorisation then you can only license one machine
You will be able to use online authorisation on another machine (you can sign in to Reason)
And you can run any version you have purchased using either method on any device.

The easiest way to work with multiple devices is to use sign in if you don't have an ignition key dongle

stutter

10 Oct 2021

Big thanks to both of you!
Got reason 12 authorised on the new computer, and can still use the old ignition key I have from 6.5 to run reason 7 on the old one, and everything seems to be fine!
Thanks so much.

Billy+

10 Oct 2021

stutter wrote:
10 Oct 2021
Big thanks to both of you!
Got reason 12 authorised on the new computer, and can still use the old ignition key I have from 6.5 to run reason 7 on the old one, and everything seems to be fine!
Thanks so much.
Yeah that ignition key sure is a helpful little option, I've been using another system for a few months and online authorisation is definitely not as good as the ignition key which is strange but I definitely notice lag which isn't present when using ignition or machine authorisation.

Still glad you are all sorted :thumbs_up:

DJMaytag

10 Oct 2021

Still using R10 just fine. Seeing as how there are some... issues... I'm still using R10 until those get sorted out.

• Information